Hikvision DS-2CD2085G1-I Camera is a fixed focal length camera. It is a metal bullet cam. The device is available in 2.8mm, 4mm, and 6mm lenses. The 2.8mm lens cam covers a wider angle. The fields of view for each lens is different. The cam is an outdoor device. It is a metal bullet cam.
The Hikvision DS-2CD2085G1-I Camera is from the Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd. It is the world’s leading organization dealing in the security surveillance business. The company is popularly known as Hikvision. Its headquarter is located in Shenzhen, China. This organization grosses the maximum revenue among all the CCTV companies.
The device has great night vision. It uses two distinct technologies for illuminating the device. They are- EXIR Technology 2.0, and Darkfighter Technology. They are superb technologies when there is darkness outside. This security camera illuminates at night.
Buying Guide For A Fixed Network Bullet Camera
The cam has many features. How to know which features are useful for you. For that, you have to understand certain parameters to know before making a purchase. They are given here.
Fixed Lens Camera- The fixed lens cams are those cams that have a fixed focal length. You can’t adjust their length. These cameras mainly cover a very wide-angle and can’t be zoomed. They are suitable for covering a sensitive area as they cover a wider field of view.
Colour Night Vision- The new generation of full-color technology is now equipped with dual-sensor structure and software optimization.
It can output high-quality color images even when the white light is off which greatly reduces light pollution. In addition, its 4K resolution makes it possible to catch vivid color details at night.
It also offers optical zoom and AI features that help save costs and improve work efficiency, making it suitable for a variety of application scenarios.
Digital camera– An IP camera is a digital camera that functions on the laws of Internet Protocol (IP) networks instead of analog electric signals. IP cameras capture in megapixels which are better versions for higher picture quality.
Resolution– Resolution is the most important and primary factor to check before buying a CCTV camera. The better the resolution, the better is the picture quality. When the resolution is poor, then you see barrel distorted images or videos on the screen and they pixelate.
When you see footage and images are not clear, then you fail to recognize the faces, which is an example of poor resolution. Nowadays HD cameras and IP cameras are in more demand and they are available with very good resolution quality. Buyers like 1080P resolution quality very much.
Night-Vision– Night vision is a must for any CCTV camera. If you have installed a CCTV camera, then it is for 24*7 support. When night vision is not clear then you may miss some very important clippings and activities that may cost you, dear, security-wise. Most of the cameras are with IR support. These IRs turn on and off based on the natural light available.
Power-over-Ethernet– In PoE technology, you don’t require a separate power cable and ethernet cable for each camera. It keeps the system smoother as there is a lesser number of wires.
Passive Infrared Motion(PIR) Sensor– It is an electronic sensor that measures infrared (IR) light radiating from objects in its field of view. For that purpose, an imaging IR sensor is required. A PIR-based motion detector is used to sense the movement of people, animals, or other objects.
Two-Way Audio– Two-way audio makes you more powerful as you are in a position to pass instructions and guide or growl at a threat from a faraway place. It keeps you in the command.
Waterproofing– Check if the outdoor camera is compatible in stormy weather. IP66 layers are a must for cameras. It happens often that cameras develop glitches in strong weather conditions. Any good outdoor camera is weather resistant.
Wireless & WiFi– When cameras are wireless & wifi Accessible, then no clusters of wire around and it is always easy to access them online through any router installed in the range. It gives you the freedom to monitor from any remote location.
Recording– Check if cameras have a slot for an SD Card. Also find that you can preserve recording in the cloud or not.
Warranty– Warranty and company support are important. Cameras are always installed at key points. When they go out of order, then it is a threat to security. There comes the condition of warranty or company support as handy. A good company has always customer-friendly policies.
Advantages Of The Hikvision DS-2CD2085G1-I 8MP Bullet
This cam has the following advantages.
- The cam provides high definition output
- The image sensor it uses is 1/2″ progressive scan CMOS
- Darkfighter Technology illuminates the night vision
- 2.8 mm, 4 mm, and 6 mm Lens Options
- The waterproofing standard is IP67
- Vandal-Proof device. The standard is IK10
- SD Card supported
- Sensors supported device to save from threats
- The two-way audio is given
- 120dB True WDR
- Up to 100 ft (30 m) EXIR 2.0 Range
- 3D- DNR
- The device is not WiFi-enabled
- Have to purchase the SD Card
- There is no PoE switch and adapter given with the camera
Design Of Hikvision DS-2CD2085G1-I Camera
The camera is a metal cam. It is a fixed lens cam. It is available in 2.8mm, 4mm, and 6mm lenses. The cam is sturdy, waterproof, and vandal-proof. The dimensions of the device are 2.8″ × 2.7″× 6.7″ cubic inches, and its weight is 700 grams. The shape of the device is cylindrical, and its color is white.
The cam has a cam base, a back cover, a front cover, a sun shield, and a network cable. There are interfaces available for audios, alarms, CVBS, networks, debug, and sensors. There is also a slot available for an SD Card, and a reset button s given on the backside.
Features Of Hikvision DS-2CD2085G1-I Camera
The cam has many distinct features and functions.
- The device has an image sensor of 1/2″ progressive scan CMOS
- The cam supports H.265+ video compression, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage.
- The camera is equipped with 2.8 mm, 4 mm, and 6 mm lens options
- For the 2.8mm lens the Fields Of View(FOV) is- horizontal FOV: 102°, vertical FOV: 55°, diagonal FOV: 120°
- For the 4mm lens, the FOV is- horizontal FOV: 78°, vertical FOV: 43°, diagonal FOV: 92°
- For 6mm lens, the FOV is- horizontal FOV: 50°, vertical FOV: 27°, diagonal FOV: 59°
- The device reduces noise pollution to transmit a smooth voice. The Digital Noise Reduction(DNR) is 3D
- The Wide Dynamic Range(WDR) for balanced images is 120dB
- The cam is an 8MP device.
- The maximum resolution of the device is 3840 × [email protected] frames per second. This resolution is high and latest.
- The IR cut filter is automatic. It shifts from day mode to night mode when there is dark outside, and back to day mode when light quality improves.
- The device is sensor-supported. You can pre-set the point and safeguard yourself. Whenever anyone intrudes the demarcated line, the device sends alert messages like alarms, etc.
- The two-way audio allows you to talk to someone on the device end. It also helps you in scaring away the threat.
- Alarm Trigger- Motion detection, tampering alarm, network disconnect, IP address conflict, illegal login, HDD full, HDD error
- The device is waterproof. IP67 is the ingress protection type.
- The device is vandal-proof, the level is IK10.
- The device supports a micro sd card. The memory card supports up to 128GB.
How To Install?
If you want to install the device on your property then you have to locate your preferential area where you want to install the cam. Then mark that area of preference with a drill template. Then mount the camera base and hang the device with anchors and screws. After that fit the camera on the stand.
To monitor the cam on your device, you have to install the application on your smartphone. The app is iVMS 4500 and Hik-connect. You can install any one of them. You can find these applications on the google play store. Install them on your mobile phone and scan the QR Code on your mobile. Add the cam, and monitor your property.
Download Quick Start Guide, User Manual, and Data Sheet
Here, you will find the quick start guide, user manual, and datasheet. It is given in the form of a download button. You can get here the complete information regarding this device. Click the download button to get all information.
Amazon Customer reviewed it as-
- You cannot find better ones in the market at this price. It is a vandal-resistant dome camera made of an all-aluminum casing, which makes it even stronger. 2.8mm gives a very nice more than the 90-degree field of view while still making identification very clear up to about 35 ft. Easy install and setup,
- I set this camera up on the back of my company. It covers the entire parking lot. Most important of all, the night vision works well, it supports “20fps” at 4k resolution. If you need an 8mp camera, I highly recommend it.
Should I Buy It?
The cam is a fixed metal bullet camera with 8MP resolution. The device is having a high resolution of 3840 × 2160. The device supports an sd card. The device is also sensor supported and the two-way audio is functional. You will get alerts and can also scare away suspects. The night-vision is powerful. The EXIR 2.0 technology and the Dark Fighter technology make the device special. the device is available in 2.8mm, 4mm, and 6mm lenses. YOu can use it without any hesitation.
The fixed lens metal bullet Hikvision DS-2CD2085G1-I camera is a very useful device. You can install the device at any outdoor location or any indoor location. The cam is suitable for the front door, open field, garage, home, or office. You can find it cent percent functional at every place.
This cam’s review has been given to you buy this camera. Please share your opinion about the device and this article. What updates do you need? We will respond to your comments.