Hikvision DS-2CD2043G0-I Camera is a 4MP device that has a fixed lens. The cam is available in two different colors. You can either choose a white color camera or a black color camera. The device is also available in a 2.8mm lens and 4mm lens.
The cam belongs to the Hikvision family. The company is a leading manufacturer of CCTV products. The head office of the Hikvision company is in Shenzhen, China. The after-sales service and warranty of the organization are the best in the security surveillance industry.
This Hikvision DS-2CD2043G0-I Camera is a fixed-lens outdoor camera. You can install it indoors as well. The cam is ‘richly featured’ with sensors, two-way audio, sd card support, and EXIR technology. The Fixed Lens Camera has a fixed focal length.
Buying Guide For A Fixed Lens Bullet Camera
When you have to purchase a CCTV device, then you have to be aware of all its features. The better functions you understand, the better positioned you are to make your purchase.
Fixed Lens Camera
The fixed lens cams are those cams that have a fixed focal length. You can’t adjust their length. These cameras mainly cover a very wide-angle and can’t be zoomed. They are suitable for covering a sensitive area as they cover a wider field of view.
Colour Night Vision
The new generation of full-color technology is now equipped with dual-sensor structure and software optimization. It can output high-quality color images even when the white light is off which greatly reduces light pollution. In addition, its 4K resolution makes it possible to catch vivid color details at night.
It also offers optical zoom and AI features that help save costs and improve work efficiency, making it suitable for a variety of application scenarios.
Resolution– Resolution is the most important and primary factor to check before buying a CCTV camera. The better the resolution, the better is the picture quality. When the resolution is poor, then you see barrel distorted images or videos on the screen and they pixelate.
When you see footage and images are not clear, then you fail to recognize the faces, which is an example of poor resolution. Nowadays HD cameras and IP cameras are in more demand and they are available with very good resolution quality. Buyers like 1080P resolution quality very much.
Night-Vision– Night vision is a must for any CCTV camera. If you have installed a CCTV camera, then it is for 24*7 support. When night vision is not clear then you may miss some very important clippings and activities that may cost you, dear, security-wise. Most of the cameras are with IR support. These IRs turn on and off based on the natural light available.
Digital camera– An IP camera is a digital camera that functions on the laws of Internet Protocol (IP) networks instead of analog electric signals. IP cameras capture in megapixels which are better versions for higher picture quality.
Power-over-Ethernet– In PoE technology, you don’t require a separate power cable and ethernet cable for each camera. It keeps the system smoother as there is a lesser number of wires.
Passive Infrared Motion(PIR) Sensor– It is an electronic sensor that measures infrared (IR) light radiating from objects in its field of view. For that purpose, an imaging IR sensor is required. A PIR-based motion detector is used to sense the movement of people, animals, or other objects.
Two-Way Audio– Two-way audio makes you more powerful as you are in a position to pass instructions and guide or growl at a threat from a faraway place. It keeps you in the command.
Waterproofing– Check if the outdoor camera is compatible in stormy weather. IP66 layers are a must for cameras. It happens often that cameras develop glitches in strong weather conditions. Any good outdoor camera is weather resistant.
Wireless & WiFi– When cameras are wireless & wifi Accessible, then no clusters of wire around and it is always easy to access them online through any router installed in the range. It gives you the freedom to monitor from any remote location.
Recording– Check if cameras have a slot for an SD Card. Also find that you can preserve recording in the cloud or not.
Warranty– Warranty and company support are important. Cameras are always installed at key points. When they go out of order, then it is a threat to security. There comes the condition of warranty or company support as handy. A good company has always customer-friendly policies.
Advantages Of This Hikvision DS-2CD2043G0-I Camera
The cam has many advantages. A few of them are mentioned here.
- 2688 x 1520 Resolution @ 30 fps
- 120dB True WDR
- MicroSD Card Slot Supports 128 GB
- EXIR 2.0 Range Up to 100 ft (30 m)
- 1/3″ (4 MP) Progressive Scan CMOS
- IP 67 protection
- 12 VDC and PoE (802.3af)
- The device does not support Wifi
- The PoE switch and PoE adapter not given
- SD Card has to separately purchase
Design Of The Fixed Metal Bullet 4MP Camera
The cam is a fixed focal length device. It is available in two different colours. You can select a white uniform colour device with model no.- DS-2CD2043G0-I or you can buy a black color device with model no.- DS-2CD2043G0-IB.
The cam is designed in such a way that you can purchase a 2.8mm lens camera or a 4mm lens camera. The cam has IRs, a mounting base, a metal back case, a metal front case, and a sun shield. The CCD has many interfaces attached to it.
A network interface, a debug interface, audio and alarm interfaces, and a CVBS interface. The device has a slot for SD Card installation. A reset button is given on the backside of the device.
Features Of Hikvision DS-2CD2043G0-I Camera
The cam has many prominent features and functions. We will cover them here. When we know the features of a device then that knowledge helps us better use that device. The features are given below.
- This outdoor IR 4MP fixed bullet camera provides high-definition network output.
- The device supports H.265+ video compression. It helps in video compression and storage management.
- The cam is in a 2.8mm lens and 4mm lens. The lenses are fixed by nature. You can’t move them.
- The 2.8mm lens is suitable for capturing vast areas. The field of view it represents is- horizontal FOV: 103°, vertical FOV: 58°, diagonal FOV: 123°
- The 4mm lens covers comparatively larger images than a 2.8mm lens camera. The field of view it covers is- horizontal FOV: 83°, vertical FOV: 45°, diagonal FOV: 99°
- The device has a 1/3″ Progressive Scan CMOS image sensor, that makes the quality of the image from good to better.
- It has an IR cut filter that automatically shifts IRs from light mode to dark mode.
- The audio gives a very smooth voice as the device supports a digital noise reduction technique. 3D DNR.
- The wide dynamic range it supports gives a bright and wide image. The WDR is 120dB.
- You can adjust the camera base for installation- at the following angles- Pan: 0° to 360°, tilt: 0° to 90°, rotate 0° to 360°
- The device is loaded with an EXIR 2.0 technology that transmits very clear IR illumination. This feature enhances IR illumination capacity by 30%.
- The IR covers a range of 100 feet or 30 meters.
- H.265+ supports Main stream and sub-stream.
- The camera has sensors. It alerts you when you face threats from outside. You can pre-set sensitive zones in the cam. When someone crosses that area or tries to intrude into that zone, you get alerts and alarms. Thus your security is guarded.
- The two-way audio is a very potent function, as it gives you command to communicate, pass any message, or scare away the suspect on the camera side.
- The maximum resolution of the cam is 2688*[email protected]
- The device supports a micro sd card. You can install a memory card and record activities. This function makes it suitable for making the device a standalone device.
- It triggers an alarm whenever the device senses- motion detection, video tampering, network disconnected, IP address conflict, illegal login, HDD full, HDD error
- The device is protected against a harsh environment. IP67 standard waterproofing.
Download Quickstart Guide, User Manual, And Data Sheet
Here, you will get complete information regarding the camera, its parts, installation set-up, features, and technical intricacies. It is given here in the form of a download button. When you want to get them, you have to press the download button. These are very handy for functioning the device.
TJs responds as
- Good quality camera. The camera comes with a plug to seal the mounting ring wiring hole. Nice detail! The picture is great. My only issue is the zoom speed. Only one speed and it’s too fast. It’s hard to set the proper lens focal length.
Colorado reviews it as-
- Quality cameras, I’ve been using them for about 1 year and the quality keeps getting better
How To Install?
If you want to install the device then the first thing is that you have to be sure of your location. Decide the location, and after that mark that area with a drill template. Drill that area mount the camera base, and fix it with screws. Now the camera stand is jammed.
The next step is to fix the bullet-fixed lens camera with proper angling. You have to jam the device with the help of anchors and screws.
When you have to view the cam on your device then you have to install the application on your device. You can find your camera application on the google play store. The app for the device is the iVMS-4500 app. Install the app, then scan the QR Code. You will be able to add the device. For that click, the ‘+’ add button and get your cam on your smartphone.
Should I Buy It?
The cam is available in the fixed lens category. It has two distinct lenses supported by it. The 2.8mm lens, and 4mm lens. The equipment has motion detection and an audio sensor. The two-way audio is very helpful in transferring voice. It is a waterproof device with an IP67 rating. The outdoor device has a maximum resolution of 2688 x 1520. It has been given here a slot for an SD card for storage purposes. The device is a good guard for our property.
The Hikvision DS-2CD2043G0-I Camera is an outdoor fixed lens cam device. You can use it for your fields, lawns, front door, backyard, or courtyard. The device is also suitable for indoors. You can use it in your office, and garage as well. It has a good focal length.
This article is written for this cam product review. I hope you find it useful. Please share your responses in the comment section.