Hikvision DS-2CD2183G0-IB Camera is a metallic dome camera. The cam is an outdoor dome camera, but it can also be used indoors. It is from Hikvision Company that is located in Shenzhen, China. This company is the world-leading organization in security surveillance products.
The metal dome cam is available in two colors. You can choose a white or a black color cam. It is available in these two color types. The camera is equipped with a 2.8 mm lens option. It has sensors attached to the device that raises an alarm finding any suspicion.
The company has used Elixir technology in this version of the camera. Because of it, the image quality is super clear. The brightness and sharpness are of the best quality.
What To Look For In A CCTV Camera?
Power-over-Ethernet– In this Power over Ethernet technology, you don’t require a separate power cable and ethernet cable for each camera. This technology gives you support to run power, data, video, and audio on the same cable. It keeps the system smoother as there is a lesser number of wires.
Passive Infrared Motion(PIR) Sensor-This electronic sensor that counts infrared (IR) light radiating from objects in its area. For that purpose, an imaging IR sensor is required. A PIR-based motion detector is used to feel the movement of people, and objects.
Two-Way Audio– Two-way audio makes you more powerful as you are in a position to pass instructions and guide or growl at a threat from a faraway place. It keeps you in the command. The person who is on the device end can receive your message and hear you. You can horrify the intruder from anywhere with the help of this technology.
Waterproofing– Check if the outdoor cam is compatible in stormy weather. IP67 layers are a must for cameras. It happens often that cams develop glitches in strong weather conditions. Any good outdoor cam is weather resistant. It gives cams durability. It gives us variation to use the same device at different locations.
Wireless & WiFi– When cameras are wireless & wifi Accessible. There are no clusters of wire around, it is always easy to access them online through any router positioned in the wifi zone. It gives you the freedom to monitor from any remote location.
Recording– Check if cams have a slot for an SD Card. Also find that you can preserve recording in the cloud or not. Recordings are an integral part of security.
Warranty– Warranty and company support are important. Cameras are always installed at key points. When they go out of order, then it can be a threat to seamless security. There comes the condition of warranty or company support as handy. Company support is the crux.
Resolution– Check the standard of resolution before buying a CCTV cam. The higher the resolution, the better is the picture quality. When the resolution is low, then you see barrel distorted images or videos on the screen.
When you see footage and images are not clear, then you fail to recognize the faces. It is the testimony of a low-quality camera. Nowadays HD cameras and IP cameras are in more demand and they are available with very good resolution quality. Buyers like 1080P resolution quality very much.
Night-Vision– Night vision is the vital thing for any CCTV cam. If you have installed a CCTV camera, then it is for 24*7 support. When night vision is not clear then you are going to miss the quality of the recording and vision. It may cost you heavily. You can’t take securities lightly. Most of the cameras are with IR support. These IRs turn on and off based on the natural light available.
Digital camera– An IP camera is a digital camera that functions on the laws of Internet Protocol (IP) networks instead of analogue electric signals. Megapixel is a unit in which IP cams take images.
Advantages Of Hikvision DS-2CD2183G0-IB Camera
The device is a quality product. It encompasses all the smart and features in its fold.
- 1/2.5″ (8 MP) Progressive Scan CMOS
- 2.8 mm Fixed Lens Option
- Up to 3840 x 2160 Resolution @ 15 fps
- EXIR 2.0 Range Up to 100 ft (30 m)
- Supports H.265+ video format
- 120 dB WDR
- IP67, IK10 Protection
- 12 VDC ±25% (PoE 802.3af), maximum 7.5 W
- SD Card Slot is given
- SD Card is not given with the cam
- The lens is fixed
- It can only connect through a wire
The cam is like a semi-circular cam with a metallic casing. The housing of the device is sturdy enough to withstand harsh conditions. The device is weatherproof and vandal-proof. The dimensions are 111*82.4 square mm. Its weight is 500 grams.
The cam is designed in such a way that network interface, audio in & out interfaces, alarm interface, and power interface are given side by side.
On the other side of the device, the CVBS interface, debug interface, reset button, and a memory card slot is given. The camera stand is fixed with the cam in such a way that you can easily detach and attach it with the device through screws.
Features Of Hikvision DS-2CD2183G0-IB Camera
The features and functions of this device are given here. They are very useful to learn, to use the device at its maximum.
- UltraHD 4K 8MP high resolution (3840*2160) footage @15FPS.
- It supports H.265+ video compression technology, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage.
- The camera has an EXIR 2.0 range of up to 100 feet (30 meters).
- The camera is equipped with a 2.8 mm lens option.
- Hikvision DS-2CD2183G0-I is ideal for a wide range of indoor and outdoor applications where high-quality video footage is required.
- It can be used as a part of an IP video surveillance system or can be connected to any PC, laptop, tablet, or smartphone via a network.
- Built-in memory card slot. Supports memory cards up to 128GB.
- The cam uses new H.265+ video compression technology therefore can store up to two more time information into the same capacity memory drive.
- Easy two-step plug & play installation – just connect your IP camera to one of the PoE ports on your NVR, connect the NVR to a monitor/TV, and your system is ready!
- The cam supports the motion detection, Privacy Mask, recording by the alarm detection.
- This cam supports advanced wide dynamic range (WDR) technology, even in a strongly contrasting environment, we can get clear details.
- Power Over Ethernet (POE camera) for easy installation (with Cat 5 & Cat 6 cable), only single Ethernet cable for power and data connection, plugin PoE injector/switch/NVR and the camera will be up and running.
- IP67 protection against rainy or harsh weather.
- Supports ONVIF protocol to connect with most of thrid party NVRs.
- EXIR has Better image quality in darkness. A 2.8mm fixed lens provides a 103° viewing angle, the 4k Poe IP camera can capture more available light, and display more clear image details, always keep your safety.
Download User Manual, Quick Start Guide, & Data Sheet
You will get here the download button to download them. They have all technical and non-technical information given to them. Click the button to download.
How To Install The Fixed Dome camera?
Installation of the fixed dome cam is easy. The first thing you have to do is to decide the location of the installation. When you are sure about it, mark the location with a template. Mount the stand at that decided area and fix the stand with screws. After that set the cam on the stand.
If you want to monitor the cam on your mobile then search the “Hik-Connect App” on the Google Play Store. Install the application and add the device by scanning the QR Code.
Codger 12345 gives the feedback as-
- I’ve installed many IP cams and have spent up to $150-$200 per camera for the exact same video quality as this one. Easy to set up, easy to adjust the viewing angle. I also own the dome cameras but I prefer this one for better night mode viewing since the glass bowl on the dome camera sometimes builds condensation over time and requires the user to open it up and clean the inside.
- Build quality on this is great along with the option to use audio. Took me 10 min to install and add it to my camera system. Prefer the black cameras over white since they won’t look dirty over time. No complaints.
Kamla Ramsundar reviews it-
- The image quality is outstanding. The amount of features is also quite impressive. Face detection works great and informs me when someone friendly or unfriendly approaches.
- The camera also saves a thumbnail of the person’s face and attaches it to the video. Motion detection works great in the daytime, but as it gets dark bugs are attracted to the warmth of the camera. Even at the lowest sensitivity setting I still get lots of false “bug” alarms. The customizations on this are ridiculous, as there are so many.
Should I Buy It?
The Hikvision DS-2CD2183G0-I Camera Outdoor IR Fixed Dome provides high-definition network output. It supports H.265+ video compression technology, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage. Exir technology gives superb images in dark. SD Card gives us additional freedom to use the device either with an NVR or as a standalone cam. The device is fantastic.
The outdoor metal dome camera is truly an effective device. It gives us security and mental peace. You can use it for your homes, offices, garage, fields, etc. to protect your property. There is a motion sensor and audio sensor available in the device. They keep us safe from every kind of threat.
This review is a detailed analysis of the device. Please share your views regarding the post.