Hikvision DS-2CD2143G0-I Camera has been reviewed to present to you a quality camera for the home, office, garage, or courtyard. It is a product of Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd.
The Company was established in 2001, in Shenzhen, China. Hikvision provides video surveillance products and vertical market solutions in the global market, through more than 2,400 partners in 155 countries and regions.
In mainland China, Hikvision now partners with more than 40,000 distributors, system integrators and installers. The Company’s products and solutions have been widely deployed in several vertical markets around the world.
The cam is a 4MP device that comes in two different lenses. You can have this cam in a 2.8mm lens, and 4mm lens. The illumination technology used in this cam is EXIR 2.0, which gives it brighter and clearer images. The fixed lens CCTV camera has 2688 x 1520 Resolution.
The Buying Guide For CCTV Camera
There are so many types of CCTV cam devices in the market. If you want to buy one, then you have to keep into consideration the following qualities in mind. So that you get a better purchase.
Resolution– The level of resolution is the vital information in a CCTV purchase. The better the resolution, the better is the picture quality. When the resolution is poor, then you get poor images.
When you see footage and images are not clear, then you are doubtful with faces, which is an example of poor resolution. Nowadays HD cameras and IP cameras are in more demand and they are available with very good resolution quality. High-resolution cameras are preferred in the marketplace.
Night-Vision– Night vision is a must for any CCTV camera. If you have installed a CCTV camera, then it is supposed that you will get continuous protection. When night vision is not clear then you may miss some very important clippings and activities that may cost you. Most devices are equipped with IRs, smart IRs, etc. These IRs turn on and off based on available lights outside.
Digital camera– An IP camera is a digital camera that functions on the laws of Internet Protocol (IP). Digital cams compress the data and save spaces and manage bandwidths.
Power-over-Ethernet– In PoE technology, you don’t require a separate power cable and ethernet cable for each camera. They run the system better because the same cable has the capacity to provide power and data. It keeps the system smoother as there is no clubbing of wires.
Passive Infrared Motion(PIR) Sensor– It is an electronic sensor that measures infrared (IR) light radiating from objects in its field of view. An imaging IR sensor is required. It senses the movement and sends alarms and alerts us.
Two-Way Audio– Two-way audio makes you more powerful as you are in a position to pass instructions and guide or growl at a threat from a faraway place. It keeps you in the command. It is a device that makes your security more pronounced.
Waterproofing– It is a standard that gives you support that your camera is compatible in stormy weather. IP66 layers are a must for cameras. Cams are electronic devices. they may develop issues that can hamper their performances outdoors. Waterproofing is a must.
Wireless & WiFi– When cameras are wireless & wifi Accessible, then there are no clusters of wire around. Devices are remotely accessed. You can get them from anywhere. The only precaution is that, keep them in the wireless zone.
Recording– Cameras record in sd cards, hard disks, and you can take the services of the cloud server.
Warranty– Warranty and company support are important. Cameras are always installed at key points. When they go out of order, then it is a threat to security. There comes the condition of warranty or company support as handy. A good company has always customer-friendly policies.
Advantages Of Hikvision DS-2CD2143G0-I Camera
This cam has many advantageous features.
- 4 MP IR Fixed Dome Network Camera
- 1/3″ Progressive Scan CMOS sensor
- Resolution: 2688 × 1520@30fps
- Compression: H.265+, H.265, H.264+, H.264
- 120dB WDR
- 2 Behavioral analyzes; Face Detection
- BLC/3D DNR/ROI
- Built-in micro SD/SDHC/SDXC card slot, up to 128 GB
- SD Card is not given with the pack.
- It is a fixed lens cam, you can not move the lenses.
- It can only wire-connect.
Design Of Hikvision DS-2CD2143G0-I Camera
The cam is in white colour, and its shape is semi-oval. The dimensions are 5.35 x 5.31 x 4.37 inches, and the weight is 1.34 pounds.
There is a mounting stand to fix the cam on any surface. The device is metallic and waterproof. The upper part of the device is covered with a transparent cap for safety reasons.
The cam is designed in such a way that it has an RJ-45 self-adaptive interface network. The alarm input/output interface, a reset button, lens, memory card slot, and a bubble point. The shape of the cam is attractive.
Feature Of Hikvision DS-2CD2143G0-I Camera
The fixed lens cam has very prominent features. Let’s analyze them one by one.
- It is an IP outdoor fixed dome camera ideal for securing the property.
- The 2.8mm lens provides sharp video. Its wide field of view, 103° horizontally, 58° vertically, and FOV 123 diagonally° ensures that wherever you install the unit nothing will go unnoticed.
- The picture quality is superb, it gives images at resolutions up to 2688 × 1520 at 30fps.
- Built-in IR LED’s allow the cam up to 100 feet of visibility even in low light conditions to protect your property at any time day, or night.
- Additional security is provided with the camera’s suite of alarm triggers.
- Motion detection, video tampering, network disconnect, etc. contribute to a system that not only secures your home or office but itself as well.
- The camera is compliant with ONVIF profiles S and G making it compatible with a variety of other security devices.
- Made with solid metal construction and bearing an IP67 rating the Hikvision DS-2CD2143G0-I-2.8mm is durable against potential tampering as well as the elements.
- 4 megapixel high resolution (2688 x 1520) @ 30fps Hikvision modern high-tech sensor with 1/3” Progressive scan.
- Enhanced EXIR Night Vision. Supports H.265+, H.265, H.264+, H.264.
- New easy view allows for viewing on Web browsers like IE, Firefox, Google Chrome. Hikvision mobile viewing through the Hik-Connect, IVMS-4500 and many more apps. Available on Android and IOS.
- VCA(Video Contents Analysis) is a built-in video analytic algorithm by Hikvision with 2 Behavior analyses, Face detection, Line crossing detection, Intrusion detection, Motion detection, Video tampering alarm and so on.
- A camera with VCA quickly and accurately responds to monitoring events in a specific area notifying you by email, phone notifications, and audible alerts.
- The cam has an SD Card slot that supports up to 128GB memory card.
Download Catalogue, Quick Guide, And Data Sheet
This very special feature is given to facilitate the users who want to educate themselves even deeper about this fixed lens camera. It is given in the form of a download button. Click the button for complete information.
How To Install The Device?
Whenever you have to install the cam, you begin with the specification of the location. When the location is finalized, stick the drill template on that area. After marking the area, fix the stand-base to hang the cam on that stand. The device is metallic and waterproof, so outdoor use is no problem.
If you want to view the cam on your mobile, then you have to download the “Hik-Connect Application”. For that, you have to search the app on the Google play store. Install the application. Scan the QR Code, and click the “+” sign to add the camera. Follow the given instructions, and the device will come on your smartphone display.
AnonyMouse opines that-
- Before you buy this camera, google search “Hikvision banned in the USA.” You might not want to support this company, let alone give it a back door into your home internet network. Note: Dahua, Amcrest, Reolink, and several other rebranded cameras are in the same boat as Hikvision.
- If you search for “NDAA-compliant cameras” you can find ones that avoid the negatives of the many brands using banned components. There are fewer options, but it’s way less risky (and you’re also not supporting a really bad organization).
Allan M has given the feedback in the following words
- I bought an unbranded version of this camera before finding the branded version, and that was good to a point, and that is where this version made it worth the extra money. With it, I was able to connect to my NVR and see the video as in both units, but the ONVIF protocol is up to date and works with the LTS & HIKVision NVRs to the point where I could trigger the NVR on the motion.
- I can write the camera ID name on the screen like a normal branded camera. It doesn’t come with the SD card as the un-branded version did, so that may add another $10 to the total cost compared to the unbranded version.
Should I Buy It?
If you want to install an outdoor fixed dome cam that is small in size and monitor a wide fixed angle, then this is the cam to think for.
It has motion and audio sensors, an SD Card slot to insert a memory card to record. The sensors give you notifications through messages and emails. They keep you alert to suspecting things. You can use the cam as a standalone device. The durability of the product and the company’s reputation is satisfactory.
The Hikvision DS-2CD2143G0-I Camera Outdoor IR Fixed Dome provides high-definition network output. It supports H.265+ video compression technology, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage. The shape and metallic case give you the liberty to use it outdoors. It takes only a small portion for installation. The warranty coverage is for three years. It is a good cam.
Please share your responses in the comment section.