Hikvision DS-2CD2065G1-I 6MP Camera is a fixed bullet outdoor camera. The device is available in 3 different size lenses. You can get it in 2.8mm, 4mm, and 6mm lenses. This very special cam uses Dark Fighter Technology. It means that when there is extremely low light outside, still the device shows clear picture images.
The camera is from the manufacturer Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd. Its headquarter is in Shenzhen China. The company has a reputation for being the frontrunner in the security surveillance market. The gross revenue of the company surpasses the total budget of many countries.
The device is available in white color. It is a metallic bullet camera. The casing is robust. It is a waterproof and vandal-proof device. It is a sensor-powered device.
Buying Guide For A Fixed Bullet Camera
Fixed Lens Camera- The fixed lens cams are those cams that have a fixed focal length. You can’t adjust their length. These cameras mainly cover a very wide-angle and can’t be zoomed. They are suitable for covering a sensitive area as they cover a wider field of view.
Colour Night Vision- The new generation of full-color technology is now equipped with dual-sensor structure and software optimization. It can output high-quality color images even when the white light is off which greatly reduces light pollution. In addition, its 4K resolution makes it possible to catch vivid color details at night. It also offers optical zoom and AI features that help save costs and improve work efficiency, making it suitable for a variety of application scenarios.
Digital camera– An IP camera is a digital camera that functions on the laws of Internet Protocol (IP) networks instead of analog electric signals. IP cameras capture in megapixels which are better versions for higher picture quality.
Resolution– Resolution is the most important and primary factor to check before buying a CCTV camera. The better the resolution, the better is the picture quality. When the resolution is poor, then you see barrel distorted images or videos on the screen and they pixelate.
When you see footage and images are not clear, then you fail to recognize the faces, which is an example of poor resolution. Nowadays HD cameras and IP cameras are in more demand and they are available with very good resolution quality. Buyers like 1080P resolution quality very much.
Night-Vision– Night vision is a must for any CCTV camera. If you have installed a CCTV camera, then it is for 24*7 support.
When night vision is not clear then you may miss some very important clippings and activities that may cost you, dear, security-wise. Most of the cameras are with IR support. These IRs turn on and off based on the natural light available.
Power-over-Ethernet– In PoE technology, you don’t require a separate power cable and ethernet cable for each camera. It keeps the system smoother as there is a lesser number of wires.
Passive Infrared Motion(PIR) Sensor– It is an electronic sensor that measures infrared (IR) light radiating from objects in its field of view. For that purpose, an imaging IR sensor is required. A PIR-based motion detector is used to sense the movement of people, animals, or other objects.
Two-Way Audio– Two-way audio makes you more powerful as you are in a position to pass instructions and guide or growl at a threat from a faraway place. It keeps you in the command.
Waterproofing– Check if the outdoor camera is compatible in stormy weather. IP66 layers are a must for cameras. It happens often that cameras develop glitches in strong weather conditions. Any good outdoor camera is weather resistant.
Wireless & WiFi– When cameras are wireless & wifi Accessible, then no clusters of wire around and it is always easy to access them online through any router installed in the range. It gives you the freedom to monitor from any remote location.
Recording– Check if cameras have a slot for an SD Card. Also find that you can preserve recording in the cloud or not.
Warranty– Warranty and company support are important. Cameras are always installed at key points. When they go out of order, then it is a threat to security. There comes the condition of warranty or company support as handy. A good company has always customer-friendly policies.
Advantages Of Hikvision DS-2CD2065G1-I 6MP Camera
The advantages of the device are many. We give you here a glimpse of that. The complete advantages and benefits are given in the “Features” section.
- High-quality imaging with 6 MP resolution
- Excellent low-light performance via powered-by Dark Fighter technology
- Efficient H.265+ compression technology
- Clear imaging against strong backlight due to 120 dB true WDR technology
- Water and dust resistant (IP67)
- Robust structure design with full metal material
There are a few disadvantages realized while using the device.
- No PoE switch or PoE adapter is available
- No SD card with the pack
- No WiFi configuration is given
Design Of The Metal Bullet 6MP Fixed Lens Camera
The cam is white, and its shape is cylindrical. The dimensions are 2.8″2.7″6.7″ cubic inches, and its weight is 400 grams. The cam is available in 2.8mm, 4mm, and 6mm lenses. It is a fixed lens camera. You can hang it at a place and it will focus on that zone.
The device has a metal housing, and it is waterproof. It has a camera base, a back cover, a front cover, and a sun shield on its outer body. The Machinery of the device comprises many different interfaces.
It has an audio interface, a network interface, a sensor interface, a debug interface. There is a slot given for a micro SD Card, a CVBS interface, and a reset button on the bottom part of the cam.
Features Of Hikvision DS-2CD2065G1-I 6MP Camera
This fixed metal bullet 6MP outdoor camera has tremendous features and functions. We are providing here the full details.
- The image sensor of the device is 1/2.4″ progressive scan CMOS. It reflects crystal clear images.
- The camera has a fixed focal lens. The lenses are available in 2.8mm, 4mm, and 6mm. You can use them as per your requirement.
- The 2.8mm lens covers a vast field of view. It covers- horizontal FOV: 99°, vertical FOV: 61°, diagonal FOV: 128°
- The 4mm lens covers the field of view- horizontal FOV: 80°, vertical FOV: 51°, diagonal FOV: 101°
- The 6mm lens covers a field of view- horizontal FOV: 60°, vertical FOV: 38°
- The cut filter it is using is automatically shifted from day mode to night mode.
- The device governs with a digital noise reduction technology. 3D- DNR
- The image it captures is guided by Wide Dynamic Range(WDR) 120dB
- The video compression streams are- Mainstream: H.265+/H.265/H.264+/H.264;
- The device emits a very good resolution for clearer and brighter imagery. the maximum resolution is 3072 × 2048
- The device supports memory cards for recording. You can install a micro sd card and preserve recording in that. It supports up to 128GB memory cards.
- It is a sensor-powered device. You can pre-set the location to guard against intrusion. Whenever anyone passes the line, it alerts you with an alarm.
- The alarm triggers whenever it faces- motion detection, tampering alarm, network disconnected, IP address conflict, illegal login, HDD full, HDD error
- The IR range it covers is 100ft or 30meters. It uses two distinct technologies for great night vision. (1) EXIR 2.0 technology (2) Dark Fighter technology
- The device is waterproof and vandal-proof. The high temperature and low temperature don’t affect its functioning. The waterproofing level is IP67. and anti-vandal level is IK10.
How To Install?
If you want to install the cam on your property then the first thing you have to do is to select your location. Once you have chosen the location then mark that location with a drill template. Then drill the area to hang the mounting stand. Hang the cam stand with the help of screws.
The next step is to set the cam on that device. The cam is set now. Wire connect it and give the power to start the function of the device.
If you want to monitor the cam on your smartphone then you are required to download the application. To view this cam on your mobile phone you have to install the iVMS 4500 app or Hik-connect app.
You can get this application on the google play store. Install the app, after that scan the QR Code to add the device. After scanning, click the “+” sign to add the camera. It will navigate you, and the cam will be added.
Download Quick Start Guide, User Manual, & Data Sheet
The PDFs of these documents you can find here in the form of a download button. They are given here to give you the complete information regarding the device. Click the download button to get them.
Kelly has reviewed the cam as-
- I have two of these watching the street, our cars, and the mailbox. Using the 2.8 to get the max spread. Installation was easy, as they were added to an existing Hikvision system.
- Excellent daylight quality. Night-time would benefit from a stronger IR. So I installed an IR illuminator right under the camera. Works great lights up the street for at least 150 ft.
Kyle has mentioned the remark as-
- This was easy to plug n play with my Hikvision NVR. It does what I need it to do.
Should I Buy It?
The device is available in 2.8mm, 4mm, and 6mm lenses. It is a fixed lens metal bullet camera. The cam supports the motion and audio sensors and the two-way audio. You can use the cam at any location and under any kind of environment. The cam is waterproof and vandal-proof. It backs two prominent technologies- the EXIR 2.0 technology, & Dark-fighter technology. The night vision of the device is extraordinary. The cam supports a micro sd card, which means you can preserve recording in it. It has all the prominent features.
The Hikvision DS-2CD2065G1-I 6MP Camera is a suitable device for your outdoors and indoors. You can install it for your lawns, front doors, fields, offices, homes, or garages. It will perform at all those locations with equal authority. The device has very good night vision. It shows great images and videos.
The camera review is to educate the readers about this device. Please respond with your comments in the comment section.