Hikvision DS-2CD2083G0-I Camera is a fixed lens 8MP device. The focal length of the device is a fixed lens. The device uses a lens of 2.8mm. The 2.8mm lens covers a very wide angle. The device gives a resolution of 3840 x [email protected]
The device is from the Hikvision Company. The company headquarters is in Shenzhen, China. The organization is an icon in the security surveillance industry. The company grosses the maximum revenue among other security surveillance companies. The products are durable, and the after-sales service channel is proper. It usually gives a warranty of 3 years.
The device is an outdoor camera that supports a motion sensor, audio sensor, two-way audio, etc. it is waterproof equipment with IP67 ratings. IP 67 rating means- the device can be immersed into a body of water up to 1 meter deep for half an hour. The device is also resistant to dust. The Fixed lens camera is given here.
The Buying Guide For An 8MP Fixed Bullet Camera
Suppose, you have to purchase a fixed bullet cam, then go for the following attributes. If you find a few or the majority of these features in any device then that would prove to be a good purchase for you.
Fixed Lens Camera- The fixed lens cams are those cams that have a fixed focal length. You can’t adjust their length. These cameras mainly cover a very wide-angle and can’t be zoomed. They are suitable for covering a sensitive area as they cover a wider field of view.
Colour Night Vision- The new generation of full-color technology is now equipped with dual-sensor structure and software optimization.
It can output high-quality color images even when the white light is off which greatly reduces light pollution. In addition, its 4K resolution makes it possible to catch vivid color details at night.
It also offers optical zoom and AI features that help save costs and improve work efficiency, making it suitable for a variety of application scenarios.
Digital camera– An IP camera is a digital camera that functions on the laws of Internet Protocol (IP) networks instead of analog electric signals. IP cameras capture in megapixels which are better versions for higher picture quality.
Resolution– Resolution is the most important and primary factor to check before buying a CCTV camera. The better the resolution, the better is the picture quality. When the resolution is poor, then you see barrel distorted images or videos on the screen and they pixelate.
When you see footage and images are not clear, then you fail to recognize the faces, which is an example of poor resolution. Nowadays HD cameras and IP cameras are in more demand and they are available with very good resolution quality. Buyers like 1080P resolution quality very much.
Night-Vision– Night vision is a must for any CCTV camera. If you have installed a CCTV camera, then it is for 24*7 support.
When night vision is not clear then you may miss some very important clippings and activities that may cost you, dear, security-wise. Most of the cameras are with IR support. These IRs turn on and off based on the natural light available.
Power-over-Ethernet– In PoE technology, you don’t require a separate power cable and ethernet cable for each camera. It keeps the system smoother as there is a lesser number of wires.
Passive Infrared Motion(PIR) Sensor– It is an electronic sensor that measures infrared (IR) light radiating from objects in its field of view. For that purpose, an imaging IR sensor is required. A PIR-based motion detector is used to sense the movement of people, animals, or other objects.
Two-Way Audio– Two-way audio makes you more powerful as you are in a position to pass instructions and guide or growl at a threat from a faraway place. It keeps you in the command.
Waterproofing– Check if the outdoor camera is compatible in stormy weather. IP66 layers are a must for cameras. It happens often that cameras develop glitches in strong weather conditions. Any good outdoor camera is weather resistant.
Wireless & WiFi– When cameras are wireless & wifi Accessible, then no clusters of wire around and it is always easy to access them online through any router installed in the range. It gives you the freedom to monitor from any remote location.
Recording– Check if cameras have a slot for an SD Card. Also find that you can preserve recording in the cloud or not.
Warranty– Warranty and company support are important. Cameras are always installed at key points. When they go out of order, then it is a threat to security. There comes the condition of warranty or company support as handy. A good company has always customer-friendly policies.
Advantages Of Hikvision DS-2CD2083G0-I Camera
This device has many remarkable features.
- 3840 x 2160 Resolution @ 15 fps
- It provides high-definition network output.
- It supports H.265+ video compression, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage.
- 2.8 mm Fixed Lens
- True WDR is 120dB
- The waterproofing level is IP67
- 12 VDC and PoE (802.3af)
- supports up to 128GB memory card.
- There is no PoE switch or PoE adapter given with the pack
- You have to purchase the SD Card
- The device is not WiFi
Design Of The 8MP Fixed Bullet Camera
The model is a cylindrical shape device, and the color of the cam is white. The dimensions of the device are 2.8 x 2.8 x 6.1 inches, and its weight is 1.36 pounds. The cam is metallic. It is designed in such a way that water and dust don’t affect the cam. The cam is water-resistant.
The cam has a metal revolving stand, a back cover, a front cover, a sun shield, a lens, and IRs studded on the front side. The device has many interfaces. The cam has a network interface, a CVBS interface, an audio interface, an alarm interface, a slot for an SD Card, and a reset button.
Features Of Hikvision DS-2CD2083G0-I Camera
This fixed lens 8MP bullet cam has many tremendous features. These functions make this model highly useful for every location.
- The model has an image sensor- 1/2.5″ Progressive Scan CMOS
- The model uses an IR cut filter that automatically shifts from day mode to night mode.
- The Digital Noise Reduction(DNR) is 3D-DNR. It gives a very smooth sound.
- It supports H.265+ video compression, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage.
- Outdoor IR Fixed Camera provides high-definition network output.
- The model captures wide images. The Wide Dynamic Range(WDR) is 120dB
- This bullet cam is a fixed dome device.
- The lens it uses is a 2.8mm lens. The field of view it covers is- horizontal FOV: 102°, vertical FOV: 53°, diagonal FOV: 124°
- The model supports the technology- EXIR 2.0
- The EXIR(Exir IR) is a technology that extends the IR range by 30%.
- The IR range is 100feet(30meters).
- The cam is supported by sensor technology. You can pre-set sensors to safeguard your property. Whenever any suspect crosses that line of demarcation then you get alarm notifications.
- It supports two-way audio. It helps you in transferring voice messages to the person on the device end, and you can also hush away the suspect by shouting at them.
- The maximum resolution it has is 3840 x 2160.
- The mainstream is 15 frames per second.
- The device supports micro sd card recording. The micro SD/ SDHC/ SDXC card (128 GB), local storage and NAS (NFS, SMB/CIFS), ANR.It supports cards up to 128GB.
- The cam triggers an alarm whenever there is – Motion detection, video tampering, network disconnected, IP address conflict, illegal login, HDD full, HDD error, etc.
- The device is metallic.
- The waterproofing level is IP67.
Download Quick Start Gide, User Manual, And Data Sheet
The device has many features, functions, a cylindrical design, technicalities, etc. It has been given in the form of a download button. It provides you with complete information. You have to click the download button to get the complete information.
How To Install?
If you want to install the device at your preferred location then you have to mark the location. You can mark the area with a drill template. After that take the device stand and mount it on that template to fix the stand. It can be fixed with screws. Now, set the camera on that stand.
If you have to monitor the cam on your smartphone, then you have to install the application. The app for this device is the iVMS 4500 app. You can get it on the google play store. Scan the QR Code and add the device. The device will be added and you will get the cam on your mobile phone display.
FM1 reviews the cam as:
- The wide-angle lens is a huge plus in my situation, I would not have been happy with just a narrow view. Running the higher resolution gives a fantastic view.
- Using the SD card for recording means I don’t need a cloud service but I can still view the camera remotely. Overall I could not be happier with the camera and would recommend it for easy installation and great view.
ERTZE has views:
- Even it has a great angle view, when in dark environments the images are not perfect from far, but is very good in a short distance, so from the price point of view is 100% worth it. I like a lot that you can switch quality modes since not all the time you will need the higher data bandwidth consumption of the video.
Should I Buy It?
This Hikvision DS-2CD2083G0-I fixed bullet camera is a metal bullet camera. This cam is an 8MP device. The cam has a 2.8mm lens, that gives a wider niche. The resolution is 3840 x 2160 Resolution @ 15 fps. The sensor and the two-way audio are the major functions of the device. It gives very bright images in the night-vision. The device is a waterproof cam. Its performance is great.
The cam is an outdoor device. The device can also be installed at any location. You can hang it on your lawn, field, front door, garage, home, etc. The device is high-performing at all locations. The fixed focal length makes the focus of the device very straight. It is a good device indoors/outdoors.
The review has been detailed to give you the full perspective of the camera. Please share your remarks.