Hikvision DS-2CD2123G0-I Camera is a high-definition device that gives us superb output. It is a fixed lens dome cam, that can be installed anywhere because of its metallic body. The casing is strong and vandal-proof. It can also withstand tough weather conditions. The waterproofing standard level is IP67.
It uses EXIR technology for night-vision. The EXIR technology allows for a 30% increase in illumination efficiency, which is a much more efficient light source along with enhanced LED light strength. Another added benefit is EXIR offers 1050mV compared to 750mV in regular light extraction. This means stronger light and a further range of visibility.
It is an IP cam, with a 2MP resolution. The device is available in a 2.8mm, and also in a 4mm lens.
Buying Guide For A CCTV Camera
Resolution– It is the resolution that is a vital part of buying a CCTV camera. The better the resolution, the better is the picture quality. When the resolution is weak you get distorted images or videos. They produce hazy images.
When you see footage and images are not clear, then you don’t get the identities correctly. It is an instance of poor resolution. These days IP cameras have a bigger chunk than analogue cam. Buyers like 1080P resolution quality very much.
Night-Vision– Night vision is a must for any CCTV camera. If you have installed a CCTV camera, then it is for round the clock vigilance. When night vision is not clear hen you can be a victim of indecision in recognizing activities, that may cost you, in security terms. Most of the cameras are with IR support.
Digital camera– It functions on IP technology and not on HD technology. IP cameras cover in megapixels which are higher versions for better picture quality.
Power-over-Ethernet– In PoE technology, you don’t require a separate power cable and ethernet cable. They transfer data, video, audio, and power in the same cable.
Passive Infrared Motion(PIR) Sensor– It is an intelligent function that has the capability to detect various things. For that reason, an imaging IR sensor is required. The motion detector is used to sense the movement of people, animals, and other things.
Two-Way Audio– It makes you more powerful as you are in a position to pass suggestions and show ways to safeguard yourself beforehand from any threat.
Waterproofing– Check if the outdoor camera is compatible in inclement weather conditions. IP66 layers are a must for devices. It happens often that security surveillance systems develop glitches in strong weather conditions. Any good outdoor camera is indifferent to changing weather conditions.
Wireless & WiFi– When cameras are wireless. They have access to wifi. There no clusters of wire around and it is always easy to access them online through any router positioned in the wifi zone. It gives you the freedom to monitor from any remote location.
Recording– Check if cameras have a slot for an SD Card. Also find that you can preserve recording in the cloud or not.
Warranty– Warranty and company support are important. Cameras are mainly positioned at key points. When they go out of order, then it may be a serious security issue. There comes the condition of warranty or company support as handy. A good company has always client-friendly policies.
Advantages Of Hikvision DS-2CD2123G0-I Camera
The camera has many gallant features. Here, we are going to get a highlight of them.
- High-quality imaging with 2MP resolution
- Efficient H.265+ compression technology
- Clear imaging against strong backlight due to 120 dB true WDR technology
- Audio and alarm interface available
- Water and dust resistant (IP67) and vandal-proof (IK10)
- Robust structure design with full metal material
- Up to 1920 x 1080 Resolution
- 2.8 mm and 4 mm Fixed Lens Options
- It has a fixed lens.
- It can only be wire-connected.
- SD- Card is not given with the pack.
Design Of Hikvision DS-2CD2123G0-I Camera
The cam is a fixed lens device. It is white in color, and it has a metallic casing. The dimensions are 5.35 x 5.31 x 4.37 inches, and the weight of the device is 1.34 pounds.
The cam-base is designed in such a way that it consists of a network interface, audio in &out interface, alarm interface, and power interface. It is also visible through the diagram. On the upper side of the device, it has a reset button, CVBS interface, debug interface, and a memory card slot.
Features & Functions
- The Hikvision DS-2CD2123G0-I-2.8mm is a fixed dome outdoor IP cam built to secure your home or business from any problems.
- A sleek dome design allows the cam to be placed discretely in a variety of settings. It means you can install the cam at any place.
- The 2.8mm lens provides a wide range of views. It covers a wider angle. The 4mm lens is respectively for narrower coverage with bigger images.
- The cam captures images and video in 1080p high definition and at a smooth 30fps.
- The 2.8mm lens grants the camera a field of view of 114° horizontally, 62° vertically, and 135° diagonally. The wide viewing angle is ideal for overseeing a large area, be that a yard, office lot, or storage yard.
- The Hikvision DS-2CD2123G0-I features built-in IR, giving it clear vision even in the middle of the night.
- The camera can detect and trigger an alert if a predetermined line is crossed or there is an intrusion of some sort.
- The 2 MP progressive scan CMOS lens can even recognize individual faces and trigger an alert with built-in smart detection.
- The camera uses H.265+ encoding and comes with a built-in micro SD/SDHC/SDXC that can take up to 128GB of storage.
- The cam has a durable metal construction and an IP67 rating allowing it to stand up to most any hazard. It is an invaluable addition to any outdoor home or office security system.
- Main Stream: 30 fps (2688 × 1520, 2560 × 1440, 2304 × 1296, 1920 × 1080)
- EXIR 2.0 Range Up to 100 ft (30 m). EXIR is the latest technology that gives more illuminating and brighter images.
- 12 VDC ±25% (PoE, 802.3af), Max. 7.5 W
- Image Sensor- 1/2.8″ (2 MP) progressive scan CMOS. It gives a clear image.
- The maximum resolution it relays is 1920*1080.
Download The Manuals Of The Product Here
The Feature book, Catalogue, and Datasheet are given for your in-depth analysis. Download them by clicking the button. You will appreciate the effort by knowing more about the product.
How To Install?
When you want to install the cam at any place, then the first thing you have to do is to mark the location. After marking it, you have to fix the base stand and fix it with screws. Then you have to set the cam on that stand. The camera requires wiring. For that, you have to lay wiring and give power to the device.
If you want to install the App on your smartphone then you have to open the Google play store and browse the “Hik-connect App”. The app will flash on your screen. Install the app and add the device. For it, you need to scan the QR Code. After scanning it, click the ‘+’ sign and follow the instruction. You will be guided to monitor the cam on your screen.
Fernando Villagers has opined that-
- Perfect to work standalone, if you have a NAS or other network storage options, you can record the vision on it, and of course in the internal SD card.
Sandman from the USA says that-
- I have 12 Hikvision cameras connected to a 16 channel Hikvision NVR. All of which were bought from an authorized dealer. IR cut filter jammed on one (mini dome model) after 5 years so wanted to replace it. When comparing this camera and the box it came into all my others, I see nothing that indicates it’s not an authentic US model. Plugged it into my NVR and it auto-configured and started working instantly. Went into the DVR menu and set all my recording settings, and worked like expected. I have not tried updating firmware, but its current version is so new compared to my other cameras, I doubt I will ever mess with that.
- I picked Vigilant Depot as the vendor. As for the camera itself, I prefer the Turret over the dome. They have a much better night vision range, and you don’t have to clean them that often. Anytime it rains hard, the domes get water spots that cause fuzziness while in night mode. The Turret does not have that issue.
Should I Buy It?
The DS-2CD2123G0-I 2MP Outdoor Network Dome Camera from Hikvision uses a 1/2.8″ progressive scan CMOS sensor to capture 1920 x 1080 resolution video at 30 fps.
EXIR 2.0 technology provides up to 100′ of night vision. The camera’s 2.8mm fixed lens delivers a 114° horizontal field of view.
An onboard memory card slot accepts microSD/SDHC/SDXC cards up to 128GB (available separately). Integrated PoE technology simplifies connectivity by enabling the transfer of power and data through a single cable.
This dome camera complies with ONVIF profiles S and G, making it compatible with a wide range of surveillance devices. It is housed in an IP67- and IK10-rated metal enclosure that is suitable for outdoor use in areas at risk of vandalism. You must love it while using it.
The features and functions mentioned show that the cam is good for outdoor/indoor. The image quality, alarm and sensors keep us alert. There is no problem in connecting it online. It is a very suitable device for, home, office, shop, or garage. It will equally perform at all spots.
The review is given here to make you aware of a good household device. Please share your responses in the comment section.