Hikvision DS-2CD2523G0-IS Camera is available in 2.8mm & 4mm models. This cam is a fixed lens device. It has a CMOS image sensor that relays a resolution of 1920*1080. This cam is from Hikvision. The full name of the company is Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd.
The company is located in Shenzhen China. Its branches are spread all across the world. Hikvision is the pioneer in the sales and manufacturing of security surveillance products.
This cam is a 2MP device with color night vision. It supports H.265+ video compression, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage. The resolution of the cam is very sharp.
It captures a wide-area angle because it has a 2.8mm lens installed. The EXIR 2.0 range covers a distance of 35feet. Exir is a modern technology that enhances the illumination efficiency of IRs by up to thirty percent.
Buying Guide For A Colour Dome Camera
A CCTV Camera must have the following attributes.
Night-Vision– Night vision is a must for any CCTV camera. If you have installed a CCTV camera, then it is for 24*7 support.
When night vision is not clear then you may miss some very important clippings and activities that may cost you, dear, security-wise. Most of the cameras are with IR support. These IRs turn on and off based on the natural light available.
Colour Night Vision
The new generation of full-color technology is now equipped with dual-sensor structure and software optimization. It can output high-quality color images even when the white light is off which greatly reduces light pollution.
In addition, its 4K resolution makes it possible to catch vivid color details at night. It also offers optical zoom and AI features that help save costs and improve work efficiency, making it suitable for a variety of application scenarios.
Resolution– Resolution is the most important and primary factor to check before buying a CCTV camera. The better the resolution, the better is the picture quality. When the resolution is poor, then you see barrel distorted images or videos on the screen and they pixelate.
When you see footage and images are not clear, then you fail to recognize the faces, which is an example of poor resolution. Nowadays HD cameras and IP cameras are in more demand and they are available with very good resolution quality. Buyers like 1080P resolution quality very much.
Digital camera– An IP camera is a digital camera that functions on the laws of Internet Protocol (IP) networks instead of analog electric signals. IP cameras capture in megapixels which are better versions for higher picture quality.
Power-over-Ethernet– In PoE technology, you don’t require a separate power cable and ethernet cable for each camera. It keeps the system smoother as there is a lesser number of wires.
Passive Infrared Motion(PIR) Sensor– It is an electronic sensor that measures infrared (IR) light radiating from objects in its field of view. For that purpose, an imaging IR sensor is required. A PIR-based motion detector is used to sense the movement of people, animals, or other objects.
Two-Way Audio– Two-way audio makes you more powerful as you are in a position to pass instructions and guide or growl at a threat from a faraway place. It keeps you in the command.
Waterproofing– Check if the outdoor camera is compatible in stormy weather. IP66 layers are a must for cameras. It happens often that cameras develop glitches in strong weather conditions. Any good outdoor camera is weather resistant.
Wireless & WiFi– When cameras are wireless & wifi Accessible, then no clusters of wire around and it is always easy to access them online through any router installed in the range. It gives you the freedom to monitor from any remote location.
Recording– Check if cameras have a slot for an SD Card. Also find that you can preserve recording in the cloud or not.
Warranty– Warranty and company support are important. Cameras are always installed at key points. When they go out of order, then it is a threat to security. There comes the condition of warranty or company support as handy. A good company has always customer-friendly policies.
Varifocal lens- A varifocal camera allows you to adjust between its top and bottom limits on its view angle. This means that you can manually set both the view angle and level of zoom.
Have a scenario where you need to zoom in on a gate or other access point? Use the 12mm setting (12 degrees and about 4x zoom). Need a wide-angle view? Go with 2.8 mm (109 degrees). Need something in between? Try 6mm (~45 degrees) or 9mm (~30 degrees).
Advantages Of Hikvision DS-2CD2523G0-IS Camera
The cam has many advantages.
- Colour images down to 0.028 lux at f/2.0 with AGC on
- EXIR 2.0 LEDs for night vision up to 35′
- IR cut filter for enhanced day/night performance
- 2.8mm fixed lens
- The camera pivots from -30 to 30° horizontally and from 0 to 75° vertically
- H.265+, H.265, H.264+, H.264, and MJPEG video compression for efficient storage and bandwidth use
- 120 dB wide dynamic range
- Built-in microphone plus audio input and output for two-way talk
- Video analytics is given, including intrusion detection, line crossing detection, and exception detection
- microSD card slot for edge storage supports up to 128GB
- The device doesn’t have a PoE switch or PoE adapters.
- It doesn’t have an SD Card with the packing
- The device is not WiFi-enabled
Design Of The Mini Dome Camera
The base of the cam is metallic and the upper cap is plastic. It is designed in such a way that it can function easily in harsh weather conditions. It has an IP66 rating and IK08 level against vandalism. The dimensions of this cam are 10 x 6.4 x 2.2 inches, and its weight is 1.55 pounds.
The cam design is encompassing an audio interface, a network interface, a CVBS interface, a sensor interface, a reset button, and a slot for an SD Card. It is available in white color. The shape of the device is oval.
Features Of Hikvision DS-2CD2523G0-IS Camera
The cam device has the following features and functions.
- You can Watch over your property with the DS-2CD2523G0-IS 2MP Outdoor Network Mini Dome Camera with Night Vision from Hikvision.
- Featuring a 2MP CMOS sensor and a 2.8mm fixed lens, the camera captures video at resolutions up to 1920 x 1080 at 30 fps in a 114 x 62° field of view.
- The camera is equipped with an IR cut filter and EXIR 2.0 LEDs for night vision with an effective range of up to 35′.
- Image enhancement characteristics include a 120 dB wide vibrant range, white balance, and backlight offset to enable you to capture clear images in varying lighting conditions.
- Designed for easy setup, the camera uses PoE technology so you can run just one cable for both data and power.
- A built-in microphone and audio in/out connections enable two-way talk to you.
- An SD card slot allows for onboard storage of footage.
- The camera’s enclosure is rated IP67 and IK08 for weather and impact resistance.
- ONVIF compliance ensures compatibility with a wide range of surveillance equipment.
- Behaviour Analysis- Line crossing detection, intrusion detection. You can pre-set these functions through sensors.
- Motion detection, video tampering alarm, network disconnected, IP address conflict, illegal login, HDD full, HDD error.
- AI-powered human detected alerts or motion detected alerts can be set by sensitivity levels from high to low. Eliminates ‘false positives’ caused by flying insects, small pets, or light changes. You’ll only be alerted for the moments that matter.
- Camera 1080p delivers high-definition videos of your home, so you can view every moment in even clearer quality.
How To Install?
To install the device you have to mark the specific location where you want to hang the device. After that fix the cam with the help of screws and anchors.
If you want to monitor the cam on your smartphone, then you have to download the iVMS 4500 App on your mobile. Scan the QR code and add the device to watch that on your device.
Download The User Manual, Quickstart Guide, & Datasheet
Here, you will get PDFs of all these catalogs. The datasheet shows the technical part, Quickstart pdf is for device design, unboxing, and installation, and the User manual is for the product features. It is given here in the form of a download button. Click the button to get them.
skeptical_optimist reviewed it as-
- I was highly suspect given the lousy experience I have had with other brands. I found my other models struggled for adequate detection and poor night vision which resulted in missed night vision detection and poor quality. I probably could have spent some time tuning. But I don’t have that kind of patience.
Should I Buy It?
The mini dome camera is available in 2.8mm and 4mm fixed lenses. It has a 2MP resolution. The cam relays at a high resolution of 1920*1080 @30 frames per second. It can relay very clear night-vision images because of extended IR(EXIR) technology.
The two-way audio, motion detection sensors give it an added advantage. The cam can be used outdoors or indoors.
There are many dome cameras in the market. Almost every cam has the same features. But this Hikvision DS-2CD2523G0-IS mini dome am is different from other devices in terms of looks and features. It is a useful guard for our homes, offices, garages, fields, and courtyards.
The review of the cam is to know about this device. Please share your suggestions in the comment box.