Hikvision DS-2CD2143G0-IB Camera review is for everyone. It is from Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd. Its head office is located in Shenzhen, China. Hikvision is a leading provider of artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics and other emerging technologies, and is the world’s largest manufacturer of video surveillance products and solutions.
The cam is available in two different colours. You can choose a white colour cam or a black colour cam. It is also available in a 2.8mm lens, and 4mm lens. When you use a 2.8mm lens cam, it gives you wider angle coverage. While using a 4mm cam gives you a little narrower angle and bigger size images.
The body of the device is metallic. You can use it outdoors as it is waterproof and vandal proof both.
The Hikvision DS-2CD2143G0-IB Outdoor IR Fixed Dome Camera provides high definition network output. It supports H.265+ video compression technology, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage.
H.265+ video format is the latest technology, that makes the working of the device very smooth. The high-efficiency video coding relays good video quality and saves recording space for us.
Buying Guide For A Surveillance Camera
When you know the reason behind your purchase then the selection becomes easier. There are certain decided features of a CCTV Camera. Know them and it will make your decision easier.
Resolution– When you buy a CCTV camera then the resolution of the device is a primary thing to look for The better the resolution, means you are going to have a better picture quality. When the resolution is poor, then you see barrel distorted images or footage on the screen. It looks hazy and blurred.
When you see footage and images are not clear, then you fail to recognize the faces, which is an example of poor resolution. Ip cams are better in image quality than an HD cameras. Buyers like 1080P resolution quality very much.
Night-Vision– Night vision is a must for any CCTV camera. You install CCTV cameras for security and surveillance. When night vision is not clear then you may miss some very important clippings and activities that may be very important for you security-wise. Most of the cameras are with IR support. These IRs turn on and off based on the natural light available.
Digital camera– An IP camera is a digital camera that functions on the laws of Internet Protocol (IP) networks instead of analogue electric signals.IP cameras capture images in megapixels than TVLs. Megapixels are the latest and more trendy.
Power-over-Ethernet– In PoE technology, you don’t require a separate power cable and ethernet cable for each camera. It keeps the system smoother as there is a lesser number of wires. There is no complexity in the wiring. The system runs smoothly.
Passive Infrared Motion(PIR) Sensor– It is an electronic sensor that calculates infrared (IR) light illuminating from objects in its field of view. For that purpose, an imaging IR sensor is required. A PIR-based motion detector is used to sense the movement of people, animals, or other objects.
Two-Way Audio– It makes you more powerful as you are in a position to pass instructions and direct any message. It keeps you in the command. You are aware of the proceedings.
Waterproofing– Check if the outdoor device is compatible in stormy weather. IP67 layers are a must for cams. It happens often that cams develop problems in strong weather conditions. Any good outdoor camera is weather resistant.
Wireless & WiFi– When cameras are wireless & wifi Accessible, then no clusters of wire around and it is always easy to access them online through any router installed in the range. The wifi devices are more popular these days. It allows you the freedom to monitor from any remote location. There is no problem in monitoring these devices.
Recording– Check if cameras have a slot for an SD Card. Also find that you can preserve recording in the cloud or not. Cloud-based recordings are chargeable.
Warranty– Warranty and company support are important. Cameras are always positioned at key points. When they go out of order, then they pose a threat to security. There comes the condition of warranty and company support as handy. A good company has always customer-friendly policies.
Advantages Of Hikvision DS-2CD2143G0-IB Camera
The main advantages are:
- EXIR 2.0 technology for visibility in low-light conditions
- IR cut filter for day and night functionality
- H.265+, H.265, H.264+, H.264, and MJPEG video compressions
- 120 dB wide dynamic range
- Region of interest (ROI) for one fixed region (mainstream and sub-stream)
- Compatible with Internet Explorer 8 or higher, Chrome 31 to 44, Firefox 30.0 to 51, Safari 8.0 or higher, iOS, Android, iVMS-4200, and Hik-Connect
- SD card slot
- The lens is fixed
- SD card is not given with the pack
- The cam can only be wire-connect
Design Of The Fixed lens camera
The cam is available in two different colors. The cam is available in white color, and black color. The shape of the device is oval-shaped. The dimensions are 4.4″*3.2″, and weigh around 610 grams.
The fixed dome camera is designed in such a way that it has slots for a network interface, audio in an interface, audio out interface, alarm interface, power interface.
It also has switches for a debug interface, CVBS interface, reset button, and a memory card slot.
Features Of Hikvision DS-2CD2143G0-IB Camera
The cam has tremendous features. These functions and features keep this network dome fixed lens camera ahead of other similar cameras.
- Hikvision DS-2CD2143G0-IB is a discreet dome camera for outdoor surveillance.
- DS-2CD2143G0-IB uses a top-class CMOS sensor to take 4MP video twice as detailed as 1080p Full HD.
- It has integrated EXIR 2.0 infrared illuminators to take video evidence in complete darkness out to 100ft.
- The device has a rugged metal body for long-lasting durability. It meets the IP67 and IK10 standards and supports TVS 2000V protection against electrical surges like lightning.
- It uses H.265+ video compression to significantly reduce bandwidth and storage load.
- The intelligent camera includes 120 dB WDR technology to adapt to high-contrast lighting as you would find under roofs.
- The cam can store video in-camera using a microSD card.
- The camera covers 3 years warranty.
- You can also connect the cam with an NVR to record and operate.
- It is ONVIF Profile G and Profile S compliant.
- You can use it in 2.8mm, and 6mm lenses.
- A 2.8mm lens is mainly used to cover wide-angled locations, approx a 103-degree horizontal field of view.
- A 4mm lens gives you relatively bigger images.
- During the day or when light is adequate, this camera will capture high-definition video in full color. When it gets too dark, it will automatically switch to infrared night vision mode.
- The built-in infrared LEDs will turn on, allowing it to “see” up to 30m (~100 feet) in pitch black.
- It is ONVIF conformant, meaning it can be paired with an NVR from another brand that’s also ONVIF compliant as well as most software.
- This camera has built-in analytics support for line crossing, intrusion detection and face detection when used with a compatible system.
- Resolution up to 2688 x 1520
- 3D DNR (noise reduction)
- 12 VDC ± 25% (PoE 802.3af), maximum 7.5 W
Download The User Manual, Quick Start Guide, And Data Sheet
Her, you will get the download button. Click the button to get them. The user manual gives you detail to function the device, a quick start guide helps you in knowing about the cam, and the data sheet is given for the technical details of the device.
How To Install?
If you want to install the cam, then select your location. Mark the chosen location with a drill template. Then mount the stand on that location and fix it with screws. When the stand of the dome cam is jammed on the surface, then set the cam on that stand.
If you want to monitor the cam on your smartphone, then you have to download the application on your mobile device. For that, you have to go to the google play store. Download the “Hik-Connect App” on your mobile. Install the app and scan the QR code to add the device.
Press the “+”, and add the device. Follow the instructions and watch the device on your smartphone display.
NK from the USA opines regarding the product
- The product does what it claims. It’s easy to set up and the image quality is decent. Works with a memory card but consumes quite a bit of space on HD settings, which I think is reasonable for the image quality. It occupies roughly 8-10 GB per day which should give you around 10 days backup on a 128GB card.
- It has several settings which are useful such as a schedule for when you want the recording to start and end ( I’ve scheduled for 24/7 ), you can configure the area of the camera visible area for motion detection, human detection, etc. The IR mode is not bad either. Nighttime images are not bad given the price point of this device.
- Note: I’ve tried to figure out vehicle numbers from the recordings, but seems to be hard from about 50 feet from the device. And the further away, it becomes a lot more difficult to view them even while the video setting is in HD.
Jass has given the feedback as-
- I was looking for an outdoor camera for so long and finally ended up buying this one. And it has lived up to my expectations so far after a couple of days’ usage. Great picture quality during day and night. Flawless app and so many tweaks. The only and only thing which would have made this deal even sweeter would be colored night vision.
Should I Buy It?
The black DS-2CD2143G0-IB 4MP Outdoor Network Dome Camera from Hikvision uses a 1/3″ progressive scan CMOS sensor to capture 2688 x 1520 resolution video at 30 fps. IR LEDs provide up to 100′ of night vision.
The camera’s 2.8mm fixed lens delivers a 103° horizontal field of view. An onboard memory card slot accepts micro SD/SDHC/SDXC cards up to 128GB (available separately). Integrated PoE technology simplifies connectivity by enabling the transfer of power and data through a single cable. the cam quality is good.
The outdoor dome cams are rare. because not many companies manufacture outdoor fixed lens dome devices. It has all the functions and features that any smart cam has. # years warranty and proven services make the device very special. The review has covered all the features of the device.
The review is for fixed dome cam lovers. How did you find the article? Please mention your remark in the comment section.