Hikvision DS-2CD2643G1-IZS Camera is a 4MP cam that has a motorized varifocal lens between 2.8mm and 12mm. The device is metallic. The maximum resolution it gives is 2688 x 1520 Resolution @ 30 fps.
The camera uses EXIR 2.0 technology for superb night vision. It is a sensor-supported device that has audio and motion sensors. With the help of the cam, you can also communicate the two ways.
The cam is from Hikvision Company. It is a China-based company. The company is well known the world over for its durable and technologically advanced products. The Hikvision company is the frontrunner in sales and revenue among all other security surveillance companies.
It is a Network Metal Bullet Varifocal Camera.
The Buying Guide For A 4MP Varifocal Camera
There are many features in cameras. If you want to buy the one that is suitable for your use then you have to know the basic functions of it. Here, we are giving you some key features of any CCTV camera.
Varifocal– It means you can vary the focal length of the equipment. When the focal length can be varied then you have an added advantage to capture things from near to far-away from the same device.
Night-Vision– It is a major function of the equipment. As the cameras are for security purposes, so in dark they have to capture clean images. For that night visions are used in the form of IRs, spotlights, floodlights, etc. There are some other technologies also available that make the night-vision better.
Resolution– The resolution is about the picture quality of the camera. The devices have different resolutions. It depends on their detailing. The resolution is the amount of detail a CCTV has. When the image is more detailed then it means that the resolution is high. When the detailing is low then it means that the resolution is low.
Power Over Ethernet(PoE)– It is a mode to supply power to the device with an ethernet cord. Through the same cord, you give network access to the equipment. You don’t require a different cable for them.
Colour Night-vision– The color night-vision is possible when the device uses spotlight, starlight, floodlight, dark fighter techniques. This function gives you color in clippings and images in complete darkness.
Digital cameras– They are those cameras that receive signals digitally and don’t require the need to convert stored data through a DVR. It is modern technology.
Sensors– Sensors are the intelligence of the cam. It means that your device has certain programs that guide it to behave a particular way. Motion detection and audio sensors are very useful.
WiFi– If the equipment is wifi-enabled then it is easy to make online.
Storage Capacity– The storage capacity shows that the data can be stored in sd card, or Hard drive, or a Cloud-based recording.
Advantages Of Hikvision DS-2CD2643G1-IZS Camera
The advantages of the device are many. Let’s know them one by one.
- The device has a 4MP progressive scan
- The cam has IP67 waterproofing
- MicroSD Card is supportable up to128 GB
- It has a metal housing
- EXIR 2.0 supportable
- 2688 x 1520 Resolution @ 30 fps
- 12 VDC and PoE+ (802.3at)
- H+265 compression
The equipment has certain disadvantages as well.
- The cam is not WiFi-enabled
- PoE switch and PoE adapters are not given
- The device does not provide the sd card
Design Of The Metal Varifocal Bullet Camera
The color of the cam is white. It has a cylindrical shape. The device is designed in such a way that it has dimensioned 4.1*11.7 square inches. The weight of the camera is 1.285kg. The cam has a metal housing and it is available in a varifocal lens of 2.8mm to 12mm. The varifocal lens gives it a different focal length to adjust for the far and near object.
The metal housing has a back cover, a front cover, a sun shield, and a lens. There is a reset button on the back. The cam has many interfaces for various connections. It has an audio interface, an alarm interface, a network interface, a debug interface, and a microphone. The device has a slot given for a micro sd card. You can install a memory card in it.
Features Of Hikvision DS-2CD2643G1-IZS Camera
The cam has many features and functions. These are given here in detail. When you know the function of the equipment then you also know the process to operate the device. When you don’t know these functions, then you also fail to operate the device with its full capacity.
- The image sensor of the camera is 1/3″ Progressive Scan CMOS. It has a rolling shutter.
- The cam uses an IR cut filter. The cut filter is used as per day and night configuration. When it is dark, then IR shifts to night mode automatically. When it is the day, the IR cuts back to day mode.
- Cameras are mostly installed outdoors. There is so much noise there. This cam uses a technique that reduces noise. Digital Noise Reduction(DNR) technique makes the audio smoother.
- The equipment preserves images in Wide Dynamic Range. It takes clippings in a more detailed fashion. The WDR is 120dB.
- The camera mount has an adjustable design. You can install the camera at any angle and view your desired location. The cam base can be rotated at different angles. It can be Pan: 0° to 360°, tilt: 0° to 90°, rotate 0° to 360°
- The equipment has a motorized varifocal lens between 2.8mm and 12mm. This gives the cam a special feature that it can be adjusted to a far and away object without any difficulty.
- This way the cam captures images at different angles. The Fields Of View(FOW) it covers is- Horizontal FOV: 104° to 29°, vertical FOV: 55° to 17°, diagonal FOV: 125° to 34°
- The cam has a powerful IR range. It applies EXIR 2.0 technology to emit lights. The IR range is 165 feet or 50 meters.
- The wavelength is 850nm.
- It supports H.265+ video compression, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage.
- IR Varifocal Bullet Camera provides high-definition network output.
- The cam supports sensors. You can pre-set the desired sensitive areas to monitor. These areas are marked closely by your equipment. Whenever they find any intrusion or suspicious activity, they send alarm signals.
- You can set them for Line crossing detection, intrusion detection
- The maximum resolution the equipment can produce is 2688 × 1520. The number of frames it captures per second is 30.
- The image quality can be set for better picture quality. They can be reset for brightness, contrast, colour, sharpness, etc.
- The cam has two-way audio. You can pass any remark or say any comment through this medium. It can also be used for threatening the intruder on the device-end.
- The equipment guards your full security in all situations.
- The sd card is given to record the live events. The maximum sd card the camera supports is up to 128GB.
- This equipment is waterproof. It has a standard IP67 to withstand tough weather conditions.
How to Install?
To install the device in any place, the first step is to finalize the location. When the location is decided then you can mark that area with a drill template.
Mount the mounting stand and fix that stand at that particular area to hang the camera. The cam is varifocal and the stand given with it can be rotated. So you have this liberty to adjust angles. Fix your camera on this camera base.
To view your camera on Android mobile, you have to download the application. The application used for this camera is the iVMS 45oo app. You can find this application on the google play store.
This application has all the features described above to operate the camera through it. Scan the QR Code to add the device after the installation. Click the “+” sign to add the cam on your smartphone. Navigate through instructions and you will find the camera connected to the phone.
Download Quick Smart Guide, User manual, And Data Sheet
Here we are giving you the full details of the device. you can find the product design, product installation process, features and functions, and technical details. You can find them in the form of download buttons. Click the button to download them.
Should I Buy It?
The device is a motorized varifocal device. It has audio, and motion sensors. Te sd card recording facility is given. The PoE wiring makes it easy to set up and function.
The cam is 4MP and the maximum resolution is 2688 x 1520. It applies the EXIR technology, which gives IRs an extended range. The WDR, and DNR functions are given. The device is robust and waterproof.
The warranty period is 3 years. You can use it outdoors and indoors. It is a good device for every location.
The camera is a Hikvision product. The brand is good. It has service centers at all locations. The device is for outdoors, but it is shaped and designed in such a nice way that you can use it anywhere. You can use it for front doors, lawns, garages, fields, courtyards, halls, and homes alike.
The Hikvision DS-2CD2643G1-IZS Camera review is a comprehensive analysis for you. Please share it with others and let us know about your responses. Your opinion does matter to us.