Hikvision DS-2CD2743G1-IZS camera is a varifocal device that has lenses between 2.8MM and 12MM. The device has a great reputation in the marketplace. It is from Hikvision surveillance compnay. This organization is the pioneer in the security surveillance industry.
It is a high-resolution cam device that relays 2688*1520 maximum resolution. The image sensor is 1/3″ progressive scan CMOS. It has an IR cut filter. The device is for outdoor use, though you can use it indoors as well.
The cam is suitable for tough weather. It can be used in rainy, stormy, and hot weather alike. It has waterproofing IP67 standards. the cam is vandal-proof with IK10 level.
It is an IP camera with an SD card slot. It can support up to 128GB memory cards.
Buying guide For A Varifocal Camera
Resolution– Resolution is the most important and primary factor to check before buying a CCTV camera. The better the resolution, the better is the picture quality. When the resolution is poor, then you see barrel distorted images or videos on the screen and they pixelate.
When you see footage and images are not clear, then you fail to recognize the faces, which is an example of poor resolution. Nowadays HD cameras and IP cameras are in more demand and they are available with very good resolution quality. Buyers like 1080P resolution quality very much.
Night-Vision– Night vision is a must for any CCTV camera. If you have installed a CCTV camera, then it is for 24*7 support. When night vision is not clear then you may miss some very important clippings and activities that may cost you, dear, security-wise. Most of the cameras are with IR support. These IRs turn on and off based on the natural light available.
Varifocal lens- A varifocal camera allows you to adjust between its top and bottom limits on its view angle. This means that you can manually set both the view angle and level of zoom. Have a scenario where you need to zoom in on a gate or other access point?
Use the 12mm setting (12 degrees and about 4x zoom). Need a wide-angle view? Go with 2.8 mm (109 degrees). Need something in between? Try 6mm (~45 degrees) or 9mm (~30 degrees).
Digital camera– An IP camera is a digital camera that functions on the laws of Internet Protocol (IP) networks instead of analog electric signals. IP cameras capture in megapixels which are better versions for higher picture quality.
Power-over-Ethernet– In PoE technology, you don’t require a separate power cable and ethernet cable for each camera. It keeps the system smoother as there is a lesser number of wires.
Passive Infrared Motion(PIR) Sensor– It is an electronic sensor that measures infrared (IR) light radiating from objects in its field of view. For that purpose, an imaging IR sensor is required. A PIR-based motion detector is used to sense the movement of people, animals, or other objects.
Two-Way Audio– Two-way audio makes you more powerful as you are in a position to pass instructions and guide or growl at a threat from a faraway place. It keeps you in the command.
Waterproofing– Check if the outdoor camera is compatible in stormy weather. IP66 layers are a must for cameras. It happens often that cameras develop glitches in strong weather conditions. Any good outdoor camera is weather resistant.
Wireless & WiFi– When cameras are wireless & wifi Accessible, then no clusters of wire around and it is always easy to access them online through any router installed in the range. It gives you the freedom to monitor from any remote location.
Recording– Check if cameras have a slot for an SD Card. Also find that you can preserve recording in the cloud or not.
Warranty– Warranty and company support are important. Cameras are always installed at key points. When they go out of order, then it is a threat to security. There comes the condition of warranty or company support as handy. A good company has always customer-friendly policies.
Advantages Of Hikvision DS-2CD2743G1-IZS Camera
The device is a motorized varifocal camera. The advantages of using it are many.
- 4 MP resolution
- High-quality imaging
- H.265+ compression technology
- 120 dB true WDR technology
- Audio and alarm interface available
- audio and alarm interface available
- Vandal-proof (IK10)
- Motorized varifocal lens for easy installation and monitoring
- Robust structure design with full metal materials
Though the device is superb, it has certain slight disadvantages also.
- The SD Card is not given with the pack.
- It can only be wire connected
- WiFi not enabled
The metal dome varifocal camera has 244 × 174 × 173 mm with the package, and the weight it carries is 830 grams. It is available in two different colors. You can choose the cam in white or black colors.
It has a CVBS interface, an audio-in interface, and an audio-out interface. The alarm interface is near the reset button. An SD Card slot is given, and a motorized lens is attached with the CCD. There is a cap on top of the camera to keep it safe. The design is semi-circular.
Features Of Hikvision DS-2CD2743G1-IZS Camera
The features and functions of this cam are given here in detail. The more in-depth features we know, the better positioned we are to use the device.
- The camera uses a 1/3″ progressive scan CMOS sensor to capture 2688 x 1520 resolution video at 30 fps.
- Observe high-quality footage with the latest 4-Megapixel progressive scanning CMOS image sensor.
- A wide 110° viewing angle allows you to see more detail and cover more ground to keep more of what you love safe.
- Power Over Ethernet (POE) for easy installation (POE injector or switch required; not included, sold separately). Manual pan/tilt via hand only.
- IR LEDs provide up to 100′ of night vision
- Two-way audio is possible thanks to an audio input and output.
- Utilize intelligent alerts that send notifications to your computer or smartphone via the app.
- An onboard memory card slot accepts micro SD/SDHC/SDXC cards up to 128GB (available separately).
- Integrated PoE technology simplifies connectivity by enabling the transfer of power and data through a single cable.
- This dome camera is compliant with ONVIF profiles S and G, making it compatible with a wide range of surveillance devices.
- Whether it’s rain or shine, day or night, this varifocal dome camera features heavy-duty, weatherproof IP67 housing and IK10 vandal-resistant dome.
- The camera is equipped with a heavy-duty metal IP67 weatherproof housing, engineered to perform in severe environmental conditions. The IP67 rating is awarded to devices that have passed testing requirements for being completely airtight against dust and able to withstand hurricane-level winds and rain.
- Cutting-edge night vision technology allows you to get a crystal clear picture even in the dark. This camera has 2 high-powered IR LEDs which provide an astounding 100 feet(30 meters) of night vision. With the powerful night vision feature, you can keep an eye on what matters most, even at night.
- The Wide Dynamic Range is 120dB.
- The cam provides high-definition network output. It supports H.265+ video compression, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage.
- API- ONVIF (PROFILE S, PROFILE G, PROFILE T), ISAPI, SDK, Ehome
- EXIR 2.0 range of up to 100 ft (30 m).
- Security- Password protection, complicated password, HTTPS encryption, 802.1X authentication (EAP-TLS 1.2, EAP-LEAP, EAP-MD5), watermark, IP address filter, basic and digest authentication for HTTP/HTTPS, WSSE and digest authentication for ONVIF, TLS1.2.
Download User Manual, Quick Start Guide, & Data Sheet
You will get here the Datasheet, Quick start guide, and User manual. It is given here in the form of buttons. You have to click the buttons to get them. Download them and get the complete device information.
How To Install the varifocal Dome?
To install the dome device in your specific location you have to pinpoint the area. Mark that area with a template. Now fix the mounting stand at that location with the help of anchors and screws. When the stand is hung this way, set the camera on that stand.
If you want to monitor the device on your smartphone, then you have to download the application and install that on your mobile phone. The applications which are compatible with this device are- “iVMS-4500 App”, “Hik-Connect App” and “Hik-Central App”. You can find them on the google play store.
You can install any one of those applications. After the installation, go for QR Code scanning and add the device by clicking the”+” sign. Follow the instructions and the device will appear on your mobile phone display.
Austin from the USA gives feedback as-
- This camera is a nice upgrade from the 1080p camera I have, basically doubling the resolution I had making it easy to identify people walking down the sidewalk, watching package deliveries, and identifying the makes of cars that drive by. For those starting out with their first camera, I recommend a minimum of 1080p, but definitely go to hire like this camera if your budget allows.
- The night vision on this camera is better than the bullet camera this is replacing, illuminating edges of the video much better and more evenly. Like another has reported, I did notice that the IR light can create a light hue on the top of the video which is caused by the IR reflection from the dome.
- I found this reflection can be minimized by cleaning the dome and lowering the brightness of the RI light in the camera settings.
CTJ says that-
- This camera is great. One word of caution – Keep Palm, Hand, and Finger Prints OFF OF THE DOME GLASS. I had a very blurry night picture at first and could not figure out what was going on – and then I got some glass cleaner and cleaned the dome glass – and WALLA, clear as can be. This is a great camera – I have one suggestion for Hikvision – automatic pan/tilt functionality instead of manual varifocal adjustments.
Should I Buy It?
The white DS-2CD2743G1-IZS 4MP Outdoor Network Dome Camera from Hikvision uses a 1/3″ progressive scan CMOS sensor to capture 2688 x 1520 resolution video at 30 fps. IR LEDs provide up to 100′ of night vision. The camera’s 2.8-12mm motorized varifocal lens delivers a 104-29° horizontal field of view.
Two-way audio is possible thanks to the audio in and audio out interface. Sd card function is given for recording. The cam works excellently in the daytime and nighttime both. It is going to be a good purchase for you.
Any outdoor device must have good night vision, and this cam has 2688*1520 resolution. Exir technology makes images multiple times better. It can stand against the hardship of weather. If the temperature is around 50 degrees Celcius, or -20 degrees Celcius, doesn’t affect. Its body is robust.
The device is vandal-proof. You can use it indoors also. It gives you an advantage both ways.
The review is to give you a complete analysis of this camera. Kindly comment about the post through your messages in the comment section.