Hikvision DS-2CD2743G1-IZSB Camera is a varifocal cam that can adjust lenses from 2.8mm to 12mm. The angle it takes to capture the image between these two lense capacities is approximately 109 degrees.
The cam is a product of Hikvision Company. Hikvision is the world’s “topmost’ company in security surveillance. Its products are very reliable and durable. The company gives 3 years warranty on their products, and its services are very prompt. Hikvision organization has so many service centers available in different ranges of the globe.
The function of a varifocal camera is mainly to focus on an area of interest by zooming in on the image. It allows you to utilize the full resolution of the camera, producing a high-quality image. The cam supports H.265+ video compression, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage. The Hikvision metal dome camera is water-resistant and vandal-proof.
Buying Guide For A Network Outdoor Camera
Resolution– It can be checked prima facie. There is no need for any tool to judge it. Good images have high resolutions and poor images have low resolutions. The higher the pixels the better is the image quality. Always prefer higher pixel cameras.
When you see images in high resolution, they are bright and sharp. Nowadays high-resolution HD cameras and IP cameras are in demand and they are available everywhere with very good resolution quality.
Night-Vision– Night vision is a must for any CCTV camera. It can not be taken lightly, as threats loom large in the darkness of the night. CCTV cameras are there for our security. A poor night vision can prove to be costly for our safety.
Varifocal lens- Varifocal length of a device tells about the varying focus quality of the device. Suppose a cam has a focal length between 2.8mm and 12mm. It simply means that its focus can be adjusted between 2.8mm and 12mm. The fields of view, that it covers will vary with the varying angles.
Digital camera– An IP camera is a digital camera that functions on the laws of Internet Protocol (IP) networks instead of analogue electric signals. Digital cameras are modern and the latest. They can compress their data and do not require a DVR for that.
Power-over-Ethernet– In PoE technology, you don’t require a separate power cable. The same ethernet cable can transfer data, power, audio, and video. It makes the wiring easier and smoother.
Passive Infrared Motion(PIR) Sensor– It is an electronic sensor that measures infrared (IR) light radiating from objects in its field of view. You can pre-set zones for your safety and security. When someone crosses that zone, you get alerts and alarms.
Two-Way Audio– It gives you the option to convey any message to the person on the device end. It also gives you the option to scare away the threat from your property.
Waterproofing– Check if the outdoor cam is compatible in stormy weather. Ingress protection(IP) type is a metric to judge the level of waterproofing.
Wireless & WiFi– When cameras are wireless and wifi Accessible, then no clusters of wire around the device is required. You can easily access the device from any remote location.
Recording– Check if cams have a slot for an SD Card. Also find that you can preserve recording in the cloud or not.
Warranty– Warranty is an important factor. When a device has good warranty coverage then it gives user satisfaction and contentment. When it is for a short duration then it may pose a problem for the durability of the product.
Advantages Of Hikvision DS-2CD2743G1-IZSB Camera
The cam has many modern features. Following are some of the advantages of this varifocal cam device.
- 1/3″ (4 MP) Progressive Scan CMOS
- 2688 x 1520 Resolution @ 30 fps
- Up to 100 ft (30 m) EXIR 2.0 Range
- 2.8 to 12 mm Motorized Varifocal Lens
- H.265+, H.265, H.264+, H.264
- 120dB True WDR
- MicroSD Card Slot Supports 128 GB
- IP67, IK10 Protection
- Durable Metal Housing
- 12 VDC and PoE (802.3af)
- SD Card is not given with the pack
- PoE switch and PoE adapters are not given
- Not a WiFi device
The cam has a semi-circular shape. The cam is available in two different colors. Either you can buy a white color cam or a black color cam. It is available in two different colors just to add variety.
The dimensions of the device are 6″*5.2″, and it weighs 1.33Kg with the packaging. The dome is divided into two parts. On the upper part, there is the cam, and on the lower part of the dome cam, there is a mounting stand and a mounting plate.
The dome camera contains an audio interface, a CVBS interface, a network interface, and an alarm interface. Apart from them, it also contains a lens, Exir LEDs, an SD Card slot, a reset button, and a debug interface.
Features Of Hikvision DS-2CD2743G1-IZSB Camera
The metal dome cam has many functions and attributes. They are important to know. Because the more we are educated about the functions of the cam, the better we will use the cam. Following are its features.
- Hikvision DS-2CD2743G1-IZSB is a discreet IP camera with a varifocal lens.
- The camera takes security video at 4MP resolution, which is twice as much detail as you get with 1080p Full HD.
- The motorized varifocal lens provides incredibly crisp picture quality.
- It features EXIR 2.0 infrared lights for surveillance in complete darkness.
- The cam has sensors, so its intelligence supports smart features like line crossing.
- H.265+ video compression support to make video feed ultra-efficient.
- 120 dB True WDR allows the camera to deal with high-contrast lighting.
- The camera has a durable metal housing.
- It stores video in the camera device using a microSD card or through the network using an NVR or NAS solution.
- The device is ONVIF Profile G and Profile S compliant.
- IP67 weatherproof housing protects from elements, including dust and sand, as well as harsh weather conditions, such as rain and snow.
- This Camera has built-in Exir technology LED lights that enhance its night vision up to 30 meters ( 100ft). It gives you great vision during complete darkness.
- 2.8~12mm varifocal lens offers a wide field of view of 110°, covering and protecting a wider area, using fewer devices for large areas.
- It is vandal-proof with IK10 Protection.
- 2688 x 1520 Resolution @ 30 fps
- Digital Noise Reduction- 3D DNR
- WDR- 120 dB
- 3 Years warranty
- 12 VDC and PoE (802.3af)
Download Quick Start Guide, User Manual, & Data Sheet
We are giving here the download button to download the Quickstart guide for knowing about the cam, the user manual for knowing about the functions, and the datasheet to know the technical things about the device. Please click the buttons to get them.
How To Install Hikvision DS-2CD2743G1-IZSB Camera
To install the cam, you have to first decide your location of installation. Once the place to hang the cam is decided then mark that area with a template sticker. Fix the mounting plate of the cam on that sticker with the help of anchors and screws. Set the cam device on that stand. The wire connects the cam for power, audio, and video.
If you want to monitor the device on your smartphone, then you have to download the App on your device. The process to install the app is that, open the google play store and search for Hik-Connect App or iVMS-4500 App. You can install any one of them.
Once the application is installed, scan the QR Code of the device and add the device by clicking the“+” sign. It will give you instructions. follow them and get the device on your mobile phone.
Users Review About The Product
Socrates Garcia gives her responses as-
- Excellent cam but only after you set it up. Do not mount it until you set it up for your DVR (use CVBS to setup first) and set the night mode to Auto. The paper that comes with it does not tell you. The included pictures on amazon gave me the clue. But once you set it up before permanently mounting it, WOW, the picture quality is amazing.
- I had to set mine up for TVI 4MP at 15 FPS to work. The limiting factor is my NVR, the cam can still go up to 5k so keep trying and save your settings before switching to your NVR’s supported camera mode. Do not change the camera modes with your DVR’s supported mode, looks like it must be set up using CVBS and then save the settings.
- Then switch the settings back after you select “save and reboot” unplug the power and turn it back on, now use the joystick and press for 5 seconds to select your NVR’s mode. Will buy 2 more since they are that good.
Jrod gives his opinion:
- I love this varifocal camera for its price, quality, and features. I prefer this type of camera over the bullet style because you can adjust all the axis on a turret-style camera and you cannot do it on the bullet.
Should I Buy It?
The DS-2CD2743G1-IZSB from Hikvision is a 4 Megapixel Network IR Outdoor Dome Camera, 2.8-12mm Lens, Black. The Hikvision Outdoor IR Varifocal Dome Camera provides high-definition network output. It supports H.265+ video compression, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage.
The camera is equipped with a 2.8 to 12 mm motorized varifocal lens and offers an EXIR 2.0 range of up to 100 ft (30 m). Smart features, such as line crossing and intrusion detection are supported. These features are good enough to go for the device.
The device is an outdoor device, but the shape, size, and features are so attractive that users use it indoors also. There are no issues in services and warranty covering. You can use it as a standalone camera also. It is suitable for your offices, balconies, garages, backyards, front doors, and fields.
The review of the varifocal device is for the user’s understanding. I hope you would have enjoyed the article. Please mention your responses in the comment section.