Hikvision- DS-2CD2122FWD-I Fixed Network Dome Camera is an indoor/outdoor camera. The device is waterproof and vandal-proof. It has a metallic casing. The parent company is Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd, which is popularly known as Hikvision. The company is based in Shenzhen, China.
This cam is available in the 2.8mm, 4mm, and 6mm lens options. By using the 2.8mm lens cam, you get a wider coverage angle, 4mm gives you a normal coverage area, and 6mm covers a narrow-angle with bigger images. They cover between 114 degrees and 55 degrees.
The cam is available in 2 models, one is white, and the other one is black. It supports a video format of H.264+, H.264, and MJPEG. It is an IP cam that can be viewed online with the help of the App.
The Buying Guide For A CCTV camera
Resolution– It is an integral and primary factor to check before buying any CCTV camera. High resolution has better picture qualities. When the resolution is poor, then you see barrel distorted images or videos. They don’t do justice with security.
When you see footage and images are not clear, then you are never sure about faces, which is an example of poor resolution. Nowadays HD cameras and IP cams are in more demand and they have good resolution quality. Buyers love to purchase high-resolution devices.
Night-Vision– It is an integral part of any security system. If you have installed a CCTV camera, then it is continuously guarding you. When night vision is not hazy then you may miss some very important clippings. It gives you high-level security and guarding. Most of the cameras are studded with IRs, floodlights, spotlights. These IRs turn on or off, it is based on the natural light available.
Digital camera– An IP camera is a digital camera that functions on the laws of Internet Protocol (IP) networks instead of analogue electric signals. IP cameras capture in megapixels. Megapixels are better versions. They give translucent images.
Power-over-Ethernet– In PoE technology, you don’t require a separate power cable and ethernet cable for each camera. The same cable can provide power and data.
Passive Infrared Motion(PIR) Sensor– It is an electronic sensor that measures infrared (IR) light radiating from objects in its field of view. For that purpose, an imaging IR sensor is required. A PIR-based motion detector is used to judge the movement of people, vehicles, or other objects.
Two-Way Audio– Two-way audio makes you more powerful as you are in a position to pass instructions and guide or growl at a threat from a faraway place. It keeps you in the command.
Waterproofing– Check if the outdoor camera is compatible in stormy weather. IP66 layers are a must for cameras. It happens often that cameras develop glitches in strong weather conditions. Any good outdoor camera is weather resistant.
Wireless & WiFi– When cameras are wireless & wifi Accessible, then no clusters of wire around and it is always easy to access them online through any router installed in the range. It gives you the freedom to monitor from any remote location.
Recording– Check if cameras have a slot for an SD Card. Also find that you can preserve recording in the cloud or not.
Warranty– Warranty and company support are important. Cameras are always installed at key points. When they go out of order, then it is a threat to security. There comes the condition of warranty or company support as handy. A good company has always customer-friendly policies.
Advantages Of Hikvision- DS-2CD2122FWD-I Dome Camera
The device has many accomplishing features. Some of them are given here. We will study all the available functions in our ‘Features” section.
- Up to 2-megapixel high resolution
- 2mm/4mm/6mm fixed lens cam
- 120 DB Wide dynamic range
- 3D DNR(Digital Noise Reduction)
- Up to 30m IR range
- IP67 waterproofing
- Mobile Monitoring via EZVIZ P2P or Hik-connect
- It is a fixed lens cam
- It can only be wired-connect to function
The cam has a metallic casing that keeps it safe from tough weather conditions, heat, snow, or rain. It is available in white color and black color. Its dimensions are 11.18 x 11.18 x 8.13 cm, it carries a weight of 498.95 Grams.
It is semi-oval in shape. The tail end comprises the following things.
- Mounting base
- Horizontal stand
- Vertical stand
- Network interface
- Power interface
- Reset button
The above things give the device an installation base. With their help, the device is fixed on any surface area and connected to power.
The face of the camera has the ensuing features.
- IR LED
- Black liner
- Safety rope
- Sensor point
Features Of Hikvision Fixed Network Dome Camera
The cam is unique in its family. The features are rare and superb in this cam.
- 1/2.8″ Progressive Scan CMOS– An image sensor is the “eye” of an IP security cam. A security cam image sensor can capture the light hitting the security camera lens, and convert it into an electronic signal. Thus you can see the images/videos when you access your IP security cameras.
- 1/2.8″ or 1/3″ offers good low-light performance and a high frame rate. Thus we get good picture quality.
- Full 1080p @ 30 fps– It has a video resolution of 1080P, which transmits good quality video. The frame rate is 30 frames per second. It means that you are going to get good quality video along with every action. Frame rate is high, so no action is going to be missed. It means that your electronic security is full-fledged.
- 2.8 mm/4 mm/6 mm Fixed Lens Options– It gives you the freedom to install the cam, location-wise. Where you want to cover a wider angle, 2.8mm is suitable, otherwise, 6mm is okay for narrow areas.
- H.264+, H.264, MJPEG– It supports the latest video formats. thus relays true color combinations.
- 120dB WDR– The wide dynamic range(WDR) functions efficiently when the light is low, or there is no brightness in the camera capture area. It regulates the images in those dark lights because of the WDR. 120db is the high range of modulation.
- 3D DNR– It means that digital noise reduction technology supports better voice recording and message relaying.
- Up to 100 ft (30 m) IR Range– When there is darker in the cam capturing area, then the powerful IRs and LEDs assist to look up to 100 feet.
- 12 VDC and PoE (802.3af)– It makes the power supply smooth and wiring easier.
- IP67 Waterproofing– It shows that you can use the device in the temperature range- -22° F to 140° F (-30° C to 60° C); humidity: 95%. The protection level is high.
- Resolution– It covers a maximum resolution of 1920*1080. This level of resolution is considered to be the very best by the latest standards.
- Sensor– The sensor helps to keep us alert from any threat. It functions two ways- one by motion and another by audio. Motion and audio sensors combinedly shield us from intruders, etc.
- Two-way Audio– With this function you can communicate a message, or hush away any threat from your property.
Download A To Z Of Hikvision- DS-2CD2122FWD-I Dome Camera
You can get all the minutest details here. Please download to know every bit of its functionality. It has been given to grow your understanding regarding the camera.
How To Install The Cam?
To install the cam, the first step is to select your location to mount the cam. Mark the area with the given template. Fix the stand with the help of screws and attach the device finally on it. Now the cam is installed. Give it power through proper wiring. Lay wiring in such a way that it doesn’t disturb the lens of the camera.
If you want to install the App on your mobile, then open the browser on your mobile and search for Google play store. When you open the play store search for “Hik-Connect App” on your smartphone. Install the application. After that scan the QR Code to add the cam device to your phone. Follow instructions and you will find the cam on your display.
StarvMarv has his opinion about the cam in the following words.
- I have these hooked up to my Hikvision DS-7716NI-I4/16P NVR via POE (single cat 5e Ethernet cable per camera).
- I ordered 12 of these two years ago and ordered two more recently. The 1080p picture is clear and the 2.8mm lens gives me a wide view as well. Night vision is very good. Pricey but I am very happy with the cameras.
Preschool opines that
- Hooked this camera up to replace one that was old and no longer working and the new camera won’t record which is the sole purpose that we need this camera for.
Neisha has remarked that
- this was a great product easy to install and plug and play with the Hik recorder.
Should I Buy It?
The Hikvision Fixed Network Dome Camera is a nice fixed cam, that gives us good resolution and clear night-vision images. The noise reduction technology and wide-angle make it extra lovely. Sensors are always there to give us that extra bit of security.
The technology is sound. The cam is durable and long-lasting. The company’s reputation for warranty coverage and services is proven. The trust level is high. It has service centers in all parts of the country. The warranty period is for three years. You can use the device without any hesitation. It is from the world-known brand and the CCTV Camera leading organization.
Hikvision’s DS-2CD2122FWD-I Fixed Network Dome Camera provides important new technology for any security application. The 2.8 mm, 4 mm, and 6 mm lens options provide 114° to 55° viewing angles. The camera features an IR range of up to 100 ft (30 m) for optimal nighttime viewing and offers IP67 water and IK10 ingress protection.
Please share your comment on the cam review. Do mention your responses. They matter a lot to us.