Hikvision DS-2CD2D21G0-D/NF Camera is a 2MP pinhole camera. A pinhole camera is a mini-network cam that has a fixed focal length. The 3.7mm cam is a mini shape device that is mainly used for discreet purposes.
You can install the device at any location, you can easily hide it. It supports H.265+ video compression, which saves bandwidth, and storage space.
The manufacturer of this product is Hikvision Ltd. It is the world’s biggest security surveillance company. The reputation of the company and its brand value is very high. Its product is durable. Mainly it gives 3 years warranty to its products. Hikvision has service centers throughout the world.
This mini Hikvision DS-2CD2D21G0-D/NF Camera has a high resolution. It has 1920 x 1080 resolution @ 30 fps. Since it is mainly used for discreet purposes, strong sensor quality has been used to easily sense and monitor preset behaviors, programmed in the device.
It also supports line crossing, intrusion, unattended luggage, and scene change detection. Apart from it, you can also use the sensor for 6 behavior analyses, and 2 exception detections. This Network Hikvision Camera has day/night autofocus.
The Buying Guide For A CCTV Camera
The buying guide is given here to know some of the major qualities of any CCTV product. These functions are the basis to purchase any CCTV device.
Night vision– It represents how the cam is going to behave at night. Almost all security surveillance devices are installed for guard security and safety. So it becomes obvious, that what is happening in the dark is important to know. For that, we require good night vision cameras. Night vision is an important feature.
Resolution – It shows the detailing of any image taken by the CCTV product. The resolutions of the devices are determined by the level of TVL and IP. The higher the resolution, means the better picture quality. The low resolution indicates that the quality of the image is poor.
Fixed Lens– Fixed lens cameras are those devices that can not be moved to change the angles of views. They can not be zoomed either. They are fixed and set in a direction. They are focused on their targets.
Power-over-Ethernet– It is modern technology. All smart cameras are laced with this quality. It transfers audio, video, data, and power, all in the same cable. This function makes wiring, and the system hassle-free. The fault rate also becomes less. It becomes easier to make the device online with this technique.
Digital Technology– It is an important feature. It compresses recordings and makes space for bandwidths and storage. This function happens in the security camera itself. Thus, there is no requirement for any DVR. All digital cameras have their unique IPs.
Sensors– Sensors are powerful attributes of any quality camera. They help in safeguarding you and your property. You can pre-set functions in the device, and it behaves accordingly. It has the level of sensitivity given. You have to adjust the sensitivity level by adjusting it among, high, medium, and low. The sensors are like the mind. They assess and respond.
Waterproofing– The device is waterproof then you can use it both ways-indoors/outdoors. Outdoor devices are sturdy and mostly metallic.
WiFi– It is an integral function of any device. When the device is wifi-enabled, you can make it online easily. There is no necessity to lay wiring for that. Just you have to assure that it is in the wifi range.
Recording– Some devices record activities on the hard disk installed in DVR/NVR. Advanced devices can store data also in the sd card, the slot given with the cam. Some devices store their data on the Cloud Server.
Advantages Of Hikvision DS-2CD2D21G0-D/NF Camera
The device has the following advantages.
- The image sensor is – 1/2.7″ Progressive Scan CMOS
- The maximum resolution is Up to 1920 x 1080 Resolution @ 30 fps
- H.265+ video compression
- The WDR is 120dB
- 3D DNR
- 6 Behavior Analyses, 2 Exception Detections
- 12 VDC, Maximum 3 W
- The sd card is not given with the pack
- The product is not wifi enabled
- The PoE adapter and the PoE switch is not given
Design Of Mini Network 2MP Indoor Camera
The camera is in black. The lens it uses is 3.7mm. It is a pinhole cam that is in an aluminium case. the shape of the device is rectangular. The dimensions are 31 mm x 31 mm x 39 mm, and the weight the device carries is 93 grams.
The device has the following interfaces– a network interface, an audio interface, a debug interface, a reset button, and an ethernet cable along with the power connector.
Features Of Hikvision DS-2CD2D21G0-D/NF Camera
The product has many features. This pinhole cam is suitable for sensitive places, where you want maximum precaution with discreet coverage. The cam features are given here.
- The image sensor of the pinhole camera is 1/2.7″ progressive scan CMOS. The image sensor is like a human eye. It decides the amount of light, the cam has to absorb. It also decides to create the kind of image for the cam.
- The cam does not go in night mode from the day mode. As there is no IR cut filter attached with the device. This is because the size of the device is so small, that IR studying was not possible. Another reason is that this camera is used discreetly, so IRs come between its hidden use.
- The Digital Noise Reduction(DNR) is 3D. The DNR is a technology that clears blurred images, spots, white patches, and gives pellucid images.
- The Wide Dynamic Range(WDR) is 120dB. The wide dynamic range consolidates images by absorbing image contrasts. Sometimes it happens that the level of light is uneven, or light is dwindling. It produces blurred or grainy images. Then this technology comes in handy and removes those kinds of image distortions.
- The focal length of the product is 3.7mm.
- The Fields Of View(FOV) it covers is- Horizontal FOV: 78°, vertical FOV: 43°, diagonal FOV: 90°
- The cam supports H.265+ video compression, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage.
- The device has sensors. It functions in such a way that you decide in advance to monitor, certain zones and activities, and pre-set alarm settings for them. When anyone crosses that area you get alerts and alarms.
- This device functions in the following way. It gives you alerts in getting – Line crossing detection, intrusion detection, region entrance detection, region exit detection, unattended baggage detection, Object removal detection, etc.
- The maximum resolution device has is 1920 × 1080@30fps
- You can set images in the following manners- Rotate mode, saturation, brightness, contrast, Sharpness adjustable by client software or Web browser, etc.
- It triggers alarms whenever- Motion detection, video tampering, IP address conflict, illegal login, etc.
- The level of power consumption is 12 VDC, 0.3 A, maximum 3 W.
Download Quick Start Guide, User Manual & Data Sheet
Here, we are giving you Manuals to download for free. You can get here the Quickstart guide for knowing about the product, and its installation processes. The User manual for features and functions and their usage. The Datasheet is for technical information. You will get them here in the form of download buttons. Click the button to get them.
How To Install The Pinhole Camera?
To install the pinhole cam, you have to select your location. When the location is decided, mark that location with a sticker. Mount the camera stand on that sticker and fix that base with the help of screws. set the camera now. It is a fixed focal length camera. Be sure about your coverage angle before installing the cam.
For monitoring the device on your smartphone, you have to download and install the application. The application for this Hikvision mini pinhole camera for Android phones is iVMS 4500. You can find it on the google play store.
After installing the app, add the camera. You can add the cam by clicking the “+” sign. Follow the instruction and you will find your cam on the display screen. It is easy to monitor. The application has many prominent features to operate the device.
Should I Buy It?
The cam is a pinhole camera. The lens is 3.7mm. It is a good resolution device. The maximum resolution is 1920 × 1080. The cam has strong sensors. It can track and trace any activity. The image sensor is – 1/2.7″ progressive scan CMOS. It gives good and clear images in the daytime. You can place it and install it at any location. The cam focuses very closely on its objects.
This Hikvision DS-2CD2D21G0-D/NF Camera is a pinhole device. The cam can be installed to capture images discreetly. It has a broad angle of view. The cam is very effective up to 20 meters range. You can install the device at home, office, garage, hall, shops, etc. It is right for all these places. You will enjoy this device.
The review of the pinhole camera is to let you know about it. Please share your responses in the comment section.