Hikvision DS-2CD2012WD-I Camera is a 2MP mini bullet camera. It is a fixed lens focal camera. The device is available in 4mm, 6mm, and 12mm lenses. It is a waterproof, and vandal-proof device. The IR LEDs are strong enough for a 100feet range. The device is loaded with the Digital Noise Reduction(DNR) technique and Wide Dynamic Range(WDR) technique.
It is from the Hikvision company. the company has a series of security surveillance product range. It is based in China, but its offices and showrooms are located throughout the world. The company is the leader in CCTV product sales. The services and warranty policy of the organization are top-class.
The Buying Guide For A Mini Bullet Fixed Lens Camera
Fixed Lens Camera- The fixed lens cams are those cams that have a fixed focal length. You can’t adjust their length. These cameras mainly cover a very wide-angle and can’t be zoomed. They are suitable for covering a sensitive area as they cover a wider field of view.
Colour Night Vision- The new generation of full-color technology is now equipped with dual-sensor structure and software optimization. It can output high-quality color images even when the white light is off which greatly reduces light pollution. In addition, its 4K resolution makes it possible to catch vivid color details at night. It also offers optical zoom and AI features that help save costs and improve work efficiency, making it suitable for a variety of application scenarios.
Resolution– Resolution is the most important and primary factor to check before buying a CCTV camera. The better the resolution, the better is the picture quality. When the resolution is poor, then you see barrel distorted images or videos on the screen and they pixelate.
When you see footage and images are not clear, then you fail to recognize the faces, which is an example of poor resolution. Nowadays HD cameras and IP cameras are in more demand and they are available with very good resolution quality. Buyers like 1080P resolution quality very much.
Night-Vision– Night vision is a must for any CCTV camera. If you have installed a CCTV camera, then it is for 24*7 support. When night vision is not clear then you may miss some very important clippings and activities that may cost you, dear, security-wise. Most of the cameras are with IR support. These IRs turn on and off based on the natural light available.
Digital camera– An IP camera is a digital camera that functions on the laws of Internet Protocol (IP) networks instead of analog electric signals. IP cameras capture in megapixels which are better versions for higher picture quality.
Power-over-Ethernet– In PoE technology, you don’t require a separate power cable and ethernet cable for each camera. It keeps the system smoother as there is a lesser number of wires.
Passive Infrared Motion(PIR) Sensor– It is an electronic sensor that measures infrared (IR) light radiating from objects in its field of view. For that purpose, an imaging IR sensor is required. A PIR-based motion detector is used to sense the movement of people, animals, or other objects.
Two-Way Audio– Two-way audio makes you more powerful as you are in a position to pass instructions and guide or growl at a threat from a faraway place. It keeps you in the command.
Waterproofing– Check if the outdoor camera is compatible in stormy weather. IP66 layers are a must for cameras. It happens often that cameras develop glitches in strong weather conditions. Any good outdoor camera is weather resistant.
Wireless & WiFi– When cameras are wireless & wifi Accessible, then no clusters of wire around and it is always easy to access them online through any router installed in the range. It gives you the freedom to monitor from any remote location.
Recording– Check if cameras have a slot for an SD Card. Also find that you can preserve recording in the cloud or not.
Warranty– Warranty and company support are important. Cameras are always installed at key points. When they go out of order, then it is a threat to security. There comes the condition of warranty or company support as handy. A good company has always customer-friendly policies.
Advantages Of Hikvision DS-2CD2012WD-I Camera
The security surveillance bullet camera has many functions.
- 1/3″ Progressive Scan CMOS
- 4 mm, 6 mm, and 12 mm Lens Options
- HD Real-Time Video
- 3D DNR, 120 dB WDR, BLC
- 12 VDC and PoE (802.3af)
- The device is a fixed lens
- Up to 100 ft (30 m) IR Range
- IP66 Protection
- SD Card function is not given in the cam
- Can’t connect with wi-fi
- No PoE switch and adapter with the pack
Design Of The Fixed Lens Bullet Camera
The cam is a mini bullet camera. It is a metal camera with IRs. The camera is a fixed lens device, and it is available in 4mm, 6mm, and 12mm. The dimensions of the device are 60.4 mm × 76.9 mm × 139.3 mm and its weight is 500grams. It is designed in a cylindrical shape.
The cam has an ethernet interface, a mounting base, a back cover, and a front case. Apart from it, the device has a sun shield and a lens. The cam has a reset button to do settings for sensors and audios.
Features Of Hikvision DS-2CD2012WD-I Camera
This mini bullet camera has many features and functions. You have to know them to use the device in the best possible way.
- The image sensor is 1/3″ progressive scan CMOS.
- The cam is available in 4mm, 6mm, and 12mm. It is a fixed lens camera.
- The 4mm lens covers an angle range of 73.1 degrees
- The 6mm lens covers an angle range of 46 degrees
- The 12mm lens covers an angle range of 22 degrees
- The cam has an IR cut filter with an auto switch
- The device reduces the noise with the digital technology-3d DNR
- It covers a clear image with a Wide Dynamic Range of 120dB.
- It uses H.264 video compressor.
- The maximum resolution it supports is 1280 × 960.
- The maximum frame rate is @30 frames per second.
- The device has a motion and audio sensor. You can set the recording on motion status. When any motion occurs the recording automatically starts.
- With the audio sensor, you get alerts.
- The two-way audio feature helps in sending and receiving messages. it also helps in scaring away any suspect by shouting, or raising an alarm.
- You can pre-set areas of greater concern to recording and alerting, while any motion takes place. It is a smart feature in this device.
- It is a waterproof device. It withstands harsh weather and temperature, -30 degrees centigrade to 60 degrees centigrade. The environmental rating is IP66.
- The IR range the device covers is 35 meters.
- Because of IRs, the device captures sharp and bright images at night or when there is dark outside.
How to Install?
To install the device at your preferred location, the first thing is to choose the location. After selecting your area of installation, mark that area with a drill template. Now, mount the device stand on that template and fix it with the help of screws.
The stand is fixed now. tighten the camera on that stand. Select your angle, which you want to view and finally tighten all the screws so that the cam can not be moved through any external effort.
When you want to monitor the device on your android smartphone, then you have to install the app for viewing. You have to search the app on the google play store. The app that supports the device is the iVMS 4500 App. Scan the QR Code to add the device. the instructions will navigate you to those functions and you will finally add the device and monitor it on your mobile. Your camera monitoring is ready.
Download the Quickstart guide, User Manual, and Datasheet
You will get here the complete information regarding the device. You will come to know about the design and installation of the device. The complete process to operate the device is also given in the user manual. Al the technical details are also given here in the datasheet. you can find all the details here in the form of download buttons. Click buttons to get them.
lowteck from the USA says that
- Good things to say about the camera. The cam quality is great and I cannot complain about the low light/night vision. They look pretty great The build quality feels EXCELLENT. It’s hefty, metal, and seems well sealed at all junction points. No complaints about that at all.
- Have not tried remote access nor have I configured FTP/SMTP settings so I’m not sure how well it works. Motion detection works great. Very fast switching between dark/light Nightvision/regular. Overall, I’m not sure if there is anything else better in this price range.
Joe from the USA says that-
- I was also surprised at how well the audio works and couldn’t ask for anything more from these reasonably priced 2MP mini bullet cameras. I have 8 running all through my home network with none plugged into the NVR directly. Highly Recommend this system and cameras. You can not get anything more for the money.
Should I Buy It?
It is a fixed lens mini bullet camera. The cam is available in 4mm, 6mm, and 12mm lenses. The cam is connected through cat6 cable and the durability is very good. Three years warranty and proper after-sales service make the device very special. The device is supported with sensors and two-way audio. The resolution is high and the device is waterproof. You can install it and become mentally free.
This Hikvision DS-2CD2012WD-I Camera is suitable outdoors and indoors. The cam is handy as it is a mini bullet camera. The fixed lens cam is good for your lawn, front door, home, garage, or field. The night-vision is up to 100 feet, so you can see far even when there is complete darkness outside. It is a lovely camera.
The review of the camera is here for you. Please suggest and help us to improve by citing your ideas and comments in the comment box. Your opinions do matter to us.