Hikvision DS-2CD2D21G0/M-D/NF Camera is a pinhole camera with a fixed focal length. The cam is available in a 2MP variant. The lens it uses is 3.7mm. The device is popularly known as a covert camera. It is an appropriate cam for indoors. It is a network camera with a unique IP that can be accessed from any remote location.
This cam is manufactured by Hikvision Ltd. It is a security surveillance giant. The company manufactures the highest number of CCTV devices in the world. Their gross revenue is more than many small countrys’ total budget. Hikvision products have good brand value and market reputation.
This cam is an intelligent device that can sense many activities. The sensors used in it can detect many movements. They can alert you, send alarms for you and safeguard your property.
The setup process for the covert model is easy, and operation is easier. They are used discreetly for many places. Because of their sizes, they are extensively used in sensitive locations. They are metal alloy devices, but they are not outdoor devices.
Buying Guide For A CCTV Camera
When you want to purchase a CCTV camera then you have to know about their main functions. When you have no idea of both their features and functions then you will not be able to choose a proper product for you.
Night Vision– It is an important feature for any CCTV. Almost everywhere, devices are installed for security and safety. When darkness prevails, cameras snatch dull and bleak pictures.
These kinds of images are not good for security purposes. Here, the role of a good night vision camera becomes apparent. It is an important feature of any smart cam.
Resolution– The resolution tells about the clarity and evenness of the image. The more detailed the images are, the higher the resolution. The higher the resolution, the better is the image quality. It is measured in pixels in modern cameras.
Fixed Focal Length– It means that the cam can be focused on a particular object with stability. It has a fixed focal length, so you can’t move it, nor can you zoom it. These kinds of cams are mainly used in those sensitive locations, where focusing on the object is necessary.
Power-over-Ethernet- It is a technology that has made the setup easier. A device that supports PoEs, is better in vision and durability. They have lesser numbers of faults. PoE is that technology that allows power, video, audio, and data to pass through the same cable. It makes the cam online without much hassle of wiring.
Digital Cameras– They are the latest trend in the security surveillance industry. These devices compress data and save storage of the device. They also manage the bandwidths of the cam.
Waterproofing– The cam is waterproof, which means the device can be used at any location. These devices are sturdy and robust.
WiFi– It is an important function of the device. When the devices are wifi-enabled, you can easily access them from any remote location.
Sensors– They are the heart and mind of cameras. When devices are sensor-abled, you can set programs for them. They can alert you from suspects and intruders. You can pre-set the desired functions through the settings.
Advantages Of Hikvision DS-2CD2D21G0/M-D/NF Camera
This covert model camera has the following advantageous points.
- 1/2.7″ Progressive Scan CMOS
- Up to 1920 x 1080 Resolution @ 30 fps
- H.265+, H.265, H.264+, H.264
- 120 dB True WDR
- 3D DNR
- 6 Behavior Analyses, 2 Exception Detections
- 12 VDC, Maximum 3 W
- The cam is not waterproof
- There is no SD card slot in the device
- Ther is no PoE switch and adapter given
Design Of The Covert Network Camera
The cam is a rectangular shape device. The color of the device is black. It is made of Aluminum alloy. The cam is a fixed focal length product with a 3.7mm lens. The dimensions of the product are 31 mm x 31 mm x 39 mm, and its weight is 93 grams.
The cam has many interfaces connected to it. It has a network interface, a sensor point, an alarm interface, and a reset button on the backside of the camera. There is an ethernet cable attached to the device. Through this cable, the cam gets power, data audio, and video.
Features Of Hikvision DS-2CD2D21G0/M-D/NF Camera
The cam has many features and functions. It is a covert device. Covert cams are discreetly monitored cam. It is used in sensitive areas.
- The image sensor is the eye of the cam. It manages the amount of light it has to absorb, the kind of image it has to create. The image sensor for the covert model Hikvision DS-2CD2D21G0/M-D/NF camera is 1/2.7″ Progressive Scan CMOS.
- The cam is a day mode camera, this product is designed in such a way that it functions in day mode. There is no IR cut filter used in it.
- The Digital Noise Reduction(DNR) is three-dimensional, DNR- 3D. Digital noise reduction is a technology that gives bright, pellucid, and colorful images. The grains, spots, and dullness of images are known as the noises of the image. The technology removes them.
- The Wide Dynamic Range is 120dB. The captured images in different light shades develop different colors. The technology concentrates various tinges of colors. It smoothens the picture quality.
- The focal length of the camera is 3.7mm
- The Fields Of View(FOV) is-: Horizontal FOV: 78°, vertical FOV: 43°, diagonal FOV: 90°
- It supports H.265+ video compression, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage.
- The sensors used in this product are very smart. You can pre-set areas to minutely mark when someone crosses them. They behave accordingly, and send you alarms, and alerts when someone trespasses those locations.
- These sensors elicit the following kinds of behaviors to make this device very special. Line crossing detection, intrusion detection, region entrance detection, region exit detection, unattended baggage detection, Object removal detection.
- The alarm triggers whenever the device senses- motion detection, video tampering, IP address conflict, illegal login.
- The maximum resolution of the device is 1920 × [email protected]
- You can adjust the image as per your preference. You can adjust- Rotation mode, saturation, brightness, contrast, Sharpness adjustable by client software or Web browser, etc.
- It is an ONVIF supported camera.
Download Quickstart guide, User manual, & Data Sheet
The product design, purpose, function, and technology, all are given here at lengths. The Quickstart guide gives a detailed analysis of the product manufacturing, and installation process.
The User manual is a detailed guide for the operation process of the product. The Datasheet comprises all the details. It is given here for knowing the technology of the device. You can find them here in the form of a download button. Click the button to get them.
How to Install?
When you have to install the device in your specific location, mark that area. You can stick a sticker in that area for confirmation. Take the camera stand and fix it with screws on that marked area.
The stand is fixed now with the surface. Now fix the cam on that device. The installation process is complete. Now, put the wiring part complete to give power to the device.
If you want to monitor the camera then you have to download the app on your android based smartphone. The application to monitor this cam is iVMS 4500 or Hik-connect. You can install any one of them. You can find them on the google play store. Add the camera by scanning the QR code, and following the adding instructions. The cam will appear on your display screen.
Should I Buy It?
The cam is a pinhole, covert model 3.7mm fixed lens camera. The sensors it has are very strong. They provide you with 6 specific kinds of behaviors. They are very useful for sensitive locations. You will always find them handy. The size of the cam is super special. It gives the device an added advantage to install at any surface and any location. The vision is clear and the durability is great. It is available at a warranty of 3 years, and lifetime services.
The cam is suitable to install at homes, halls, offices, shops, and garages. You can install it at your front door. But you have to keep it safe from water and very high and low temperatures. The Hikvision company has a market reputation that no other CCTV surveillance company has. You will be satisfied with its performance.
Please share your responses regarding the post. We wait for your comments.