Hikvision DS-2CD6924G0-IHS PanoVu Camera 8MP is an outdoor camera. The cam has 2.8mm lenses studded in a series. There are 4 fixed focal lenses aligned in the device. It gives the cam a 180 degrees field of view. The panoramic view is generated by splicing up the images to show all scenes covered by the camera.
It is a dome camera. It has a built-in heater that supports the device to function in extremely low temperatures. It can function easily between-40 degrees centigrade and +60 degrees centigrade. It can count human density in a crowded place to maximize human safety and security.
This Camera is manufactured by Hikvision Ltd. This company has a long-range of CCTV cameras. The market reputation of this company is huge. It is a China-based organization that is spread throughout the world. It is the highest-grossing security surveillance company in the world.
It gives a 3 years warranty on its products. The durability and after-sales service of its cameras are highly rated.
This 180° Stitched 8 MP PanoVu Camera is a smart cam that has intelligence. It senses motion detection and audio detection. The two-way audio gives the user opportunity to convey messages to the person on the device end. Video compression is H.265+. It saves storage capacity and bandwidth.
Buying Guide For A CCTV Camera
The buying guide is here to give users an outlook about the Prominent features of the CCTV camera. It will help you in choosing a decent security cam for you. Following are some of the chief functions.
Night Vision– The night vision of a CCTV cam is an important thing. The quality of the image in the darkness is determined by the quality of the night vision. Many technologies give us good night vision, like DarkFighter Technology, EXIR Technology, Spotlight, Floodlight, etc.
When night vision is blurred, then images are not clear at night and it is a threat to our security.
Resolution– The resolution of the device is the quality of the image in any CCTV cam. It is mainly measured in ‘megapixels’. The higher the megapixels means the better the quality of the image. The lower the quality of an image means the lower is the megapixels range.
Digital Camera– The digital cam is the one that compresses every data and doesn’t require any external device for compression. It can transfer data and compress information. It makes the device fast and improves the quality of the cam and video.
Power-over-Ethernet– It is a technology that gives the option to transfer data and power from the same cable. It makes the installation process a lot easier. Accessing the device from any remote location becomes easier. You can find it from a faraway place. The PoE cable makes the process easier. It saves you from a cluster of wires.
Waterproof– The level of waterproofing is judged by the level of Ingress protection type. The Waterproof device makes it stronger and more durable.
WiFi– The wifi is a vital function. When a device is wifi-enabled, you will be able to connect it easily to access the device from any location. It allows the device to hang at any place.
Advantages Of Hikvision DS-2CD6924G0-IHS PanoVu Camera
This camera has many advantages. Some of these advantages are given here.
- 180° Splicing Image To Present All Scenes Covered by the Camera. It is a special feature of this cam.
- Built-In Heater, Ultra-Low Temperature Startup to -40° F (-40° C). It makes the device functional in snowy weather.
- Water/Dust (IP67)- The level of Ingress Protection
- Vandal (IK10) Resistant
- Smart Human Density Counting and Public Behavior. It is a smart function of the device. Analysis To Increase Public Area Safety
- H.265+, H.264+ is the level of video compression
The device has a few advantages.
- The device is not wifi supported
- There is no sd card in the cam. The user has to purchase it separately
- The PoE switch and the PoE adapter are not given
Design Of 8MP Outdoor PanoVu Dome Camera
The cam has a unique design. There are 4 lenses in the device. The IR lights are also four. It is a metal camera, which is waterproof and vandal-proof. The shape is oval and the color of the base of the cam is white and the color of the body is black. The dimensions of the device are 189.5 mm × 207.63 mm × 206.62 mm, and it weighs 3 Kg.
There are many interfaces in the product. They give this cam different kinds of functions. There is a network interface. There is an interface for audio in, an interface for audio out, an interface for CVBS, an alarm interface, and a debug interface is given.
There is a slot for an sd card, an ethernet interface, a power interface, and a reset button is also given in the camera. These interfaces make the cam very useful.
Features Of Hikvision DS-2CD6924G0-IHS PanoVu Camera
There are many prominent features and functions this product has. We are giving them here, for a better understanding of this product.
- The image sensor of any camera is like the eye of any living being. It performs the same function. The Image Sensor is responsible for the picture framing, image creation, etc. The image sensor of this product is 1/1.8″ progressive scan CMOS
- The IR cut filter is day/night. It means that when there is darkness around the cam, IR automatically cuts to night mode. And when there is daytime, it cuts back to day mode.
- The IR has blue filters to reflect neat and clean images and not to make a ghost image.
- The Wide Dynamic Range(WDR) is Digital. The Wide Dynamic Range Technology absorbs background light, sharpness, and low light to give a spotless, clean image.
- The product uses a 2.8mm lens. There are 4 fixed lenses aligned to cover 180 degrees fields of view.
- There are four LEDs studded in the product.
- The IR range of the product is 66 feet (20 meters)
- The camera has an 8MP resolution
- The maximum resolution is 3840 × [email protected] per second
- It has a 2.8mm lens with Panorama + ePTZ Mode
- The two-way audio is a useful function. It gives the product an added advantage to convey any message to the person at the device end. It is also used to shout at a threat at the device end. Thus it saves you from intruders.
- It is a smart product. It senses motion and audio detection. It also supports PIR sensor technology.
- The user can pre-set sensitive zones in the setting of the product. You do it for sensitive areas. When any intruder trespasses in that zone, you get alert messages and alarm calls. It keeps your security and safety all the time.
- The product is suitable to use in an extremely low-temperature environment. When everything else freezes, still this cam performs.
- Following are the functions this device upholds to give even better images- Rotate mode (only the original mode supports), saturation, brightness, contrast, sharpness, AGC, and white balance are adjustable by client software or Web browser
- The product supports sd card recording.
- The product is metallic. Its housing is of Aluminium alloy
- The product is waterproof. The level of Ingress Protection is IP67
- The cam is vandal proof. The standard level is IK10
Download Quickstart Guide & Datasheet
It is given here in the button download format. Click the button to get them. These manuals are there to give you full information regarding the product. They give you an understanding of its make, installation, networking, functions, and technical details. Get them by clicking the link.
How To Install?
If you want to install the cam, then the first step is you decide your location. Once the location is finalized, mark that area with a template. Take the camera base and overlay it on that template. Drill the place for fixing that camera stand, and tighten it with screws.
Now the camera stand is firmly fixed, set the camera on that base. Align the angle you want to cover, lay wiring and view it on your screen.
If you want to monitor the cam on your mobile, then you have to download the “iVMS 4500 HD App” on your android mobile. After that, you have to install it. This application is available at the google play store. Search it on that, and install it on your smartphone.
Then the next step is to add the device. For that, you have to scan the QR Code. Scan it and click the add button. Follow the instructions and you will be able to monitor the location on your smart mobile display screen.
Should I Buy It?
Hikvision DS-2CD6924G0-IHS PanoVu Camera is a unique cam in its category. It has 4 lenses that splice up images to give us a 180-degree panoramic view. The device is functional at a very low temperature. It functions in temperature-40 degrees centigrades.
The cam is waterproof and vandal-proof. The resolution is 8MP which gives bright and clear images. The night vision is translucent, and sensors make this product very special.
The product is metallic and waterproof. The maximum resolution of the product is 3840 × [email protected] per second. The product gives a 180° splicing image to present all scenes covered by the camera. The pushup messages and alarm system gives us safety and security. The device is vandal-proof.
The sd card recording keeps every activity in check. You can install it on your front door, in your fields, garages, and homes. You can also install it on the areas that cover vast areas. In its company, you are safe and happy.
The reviewed article is for you. Please share your opinion about it in the comment section.