Reolink Go PT Camera 3G/4G LTE PTZ Camera is a solar-supported device that you can use at any outdoor place.
Reolink is established in 2009. The organization is very innovative and consistent.
They come out with the latest technologies and cameras, those devices are leaders in their respective fields. Their services and products are renowned throughout the world.
If you are looking for an outdoor device that can withstand the harshness of weather, is WiFi-enabled, and is wire-free, then this is the device for you. It is a cam that has a slot for a sim card. There is no need to install a router to access the device. The cam is selling like a hot cake on the internet.
You can purchase this device from the Reolink store, or other available online platforms.
The cam is available on Amazon at $257.99. It is a bundle price. The price of the Reolink 3G/4G LTE PTZ Camera along with the Solar-Panel.
Buying guide For A PTZ Camera
If you want to purchase a PTZ cam then the following are the important features you must look for.
The Panning & Tilting
All PTZ cams can be moved horizontally or vertically. They are made to function that way to cover the maximum coverage area.
When cams move horizontally to cover the wider angle of the location then it is called as panning of the camera.
When they move vertically to cover the wider range then it is known as tilting of the camera.
PTZ cameras are special because they can be zoomed in and out manyfold. By zooming in the image you can trace even the minutest of the activities very clearly.
People have become accustomed to HD (1280 x 720) and even full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution videos for digital PTZ cameras/recorders and online videos, and with TV quickly moving into the HDTV era, IP camera users have come to expect megapixel resolution images from their cameras.
Motion & Audio Sensor
The technology is improving day by day, making it much more effective at tracking objects of interest. It keeps the user safe from any kind of threat.
How easy it is to fix the cam. How easy it is to position or mount the camera. If a CCTV camera has a good pan/tilt, it might not require accurate positioning because panning and tilting cover the entire area. You might just place them over a heightened table or wardrobe.
Since PTZ cameras are used outdoors, weatherproofing is a must. Check whether your cameras have IP66, IP67, etc. level waterproofing at least.
Cameras have an inbuilt IR system. You have to check the quality of the night-vision. If night-vision is weak then it will capture dull images, face recognition would be difficult. The security purpose would be in peril.
All good PTZ cams are equipped with speakers and microphones. With the help of the app, you can talk two-way and communicate with the person on the other side. It is a very useful function. With its help, you can alert others or hush away the threat.
Any PTZ camera must also be wireless and SD card enabled so that you can use it as a standalone camera. By connecting it to any wifi network you can operate it from any remote location. It is even better if it is wire-free.
Cloud Storage facility
CCTV cloud storage is a comprehensive program that allows users to store camera-related footage remotely without worrying about storage capacity on-site.
- Solar Panel
- 3G/4G LTE Coverage
- Rotate 355° Horizontally and 140° Vertically
- long-lasting rechargeable battery
- Advanced Motion Detection
- 2-Way Talk
- Easy Installation
- SD card is not included
- Install the cam & solar panel at nearby places
It has the following items in the box.
- Solar Panel x1
- Camera x1
- Antenna x1
- Reset Needle x1
- Camera Bracket x1
- Mounting Hole Template x1
- Surveillance Sign x1
- Quick Start Guide x1
- Pack of Screws x1
- Micro USB Cable x1
Design Of The Reolink 3G/4G LTE PTZ Camera
The device is semi-oval-shaped in white color. Its dimensions are 3.9 x 2 x 4.8 inches, and it weighs 1.69 pounds. On the face of the cam, there are big LEDs attached to it. That illuminates at the time of darkness.
There is a lens, sensor button, and microphone on the front side of the device. On the backside of the device, there is a socket given for an SD card and a USB port. A socket is given for inserting the sim card in the cam. There is a separate place for battery installation.
On the top of the device, there is an antenna. The antenna is given for receiving the network signal.
Features Of the Reolink 3G/4G LTE PTZ Camera
The cam has got many illustrious functions.
Un-tethered Mobile Security
Reolink Go PT can work anywhere nationwide with 4G/LTE coverage, 100% wire-free, no need for WiFi.
Also, it can work outdoors like the front door, backyard, garden, driveway, porch area, even in the wild. Solar power is supported to generate power even on cloudy or rainy days.
Wide Angle coverage
The cam horizontally covers 355 degrees angles and vertically covers a 140-degrees angle.
Being able to pan left and right, tilt up and down, Reolink Go PT can nearly provide complete coverage without blind spots. You can remotely control the pan-tilt feature via Reolink App, and always keep a watchful eye on your property, even you are on the other side of the world.
Rechargeable Battery Powered
Coming with a long-lasting rechargeable battery, this versatile 4G wire-free security camera can work independently regardless of a sudden blackout.
Connect the camera to Reolink solar panel (sold separately) for a nonstop power supply. You’ll never need to dismount the cam for recharging or worry about dead batteries. Reolink cams are very smart.
Advanced Motion Detection
A wide-angle PIR motion sensor makes sure no movement will slip through without your notice. The cam uses a passive infrared (PIR) motion sensor to detect activities. Once an event is captured, you’ll be told promptly.
Listen in and talk back through the built-in speaker and mic, straight from your smartphone. You can talk to your children, pets, or loved ones from anywhere in the world.
ONLY compatible with Reolink battery cameras, Argus 3, Argus 2, Argus Pro, Argus Eco, Reolink Go, Argus PT, Reolink Go PT, etc
Waterproof casing to withstand harsh weather conditions. It is safe in stormy weather, between low and high temperatures.
Motion-triggered recordings can be uploaded to the Reolink cloud as an option. The encrypted Cloud service provides off-site backup and allows you to access and playback video history anytime, from anywhere.
When motion is detected, this smart security camera will wake up at once and record a video clip for playback use. Motion events will be saved in a micro SD card or Reolink Cloud, and you can watch history videos anytime. With built-in 16GB Micro SD card.
Remote Access & Monitoring
Wherever you are, you can remotely access Reolink Go PT to get live streaming and stay aware of your home and business via free Reolink software on iOS/Android phones or Windows/Mac computers.
When the security camera detects suspicious motions around your home, it will wake up and send instant notifications to you, allowing you to take in-time actions to deter the intruders. be sent right on your phone.
4G LTE Outdoor Security Camera with Solar Panel
Reolink Go PT often referred to as a cellular security camera or shortened as SIM camera, operates on the 4G/3G phone network to transmit image and video signals wirelessly. You’ll also be informed when the security camera is triggered by motion events.
How To Install?
This cam is wire-free. To install the cam first and foremost you have to mark your location. Once the location is marked, you can install the cam with the help of brackets. Fix it with screws. The solar panel is installed close to the cam, so select a relevant location for that.
To install the Reolink App on mobile, you have to search on the play store the “Reolink App” Then you have to add the device by scanning the QR code. After that, it will ask you to add the camera by following the instructions.
DuckWhisperer99 from the USA says that
- Okay, so this is my preliminary review of the Reolink Go PT and some of the things I’ve encountered with the regular Reolink Go. Hopefully, this helps someone.
- I’ve only had this camera for a couple of months so I’ll be updating this again later. I’ve seen a lot of bogus information in other reviews and the questions section, so I figured I would offer my two cents on what I’ve experienced so far.
- The first thing I want to mention is that their customer service was great for me. Peter specifically. I originally started this venture back in December 2020 with the regular Reolink Go. I had a 2GB prepaid Data sim from T-Mobile. T-Mobiles coverage map said I had 4G and was close to 5G so I figured I would try it. I am using this camera to monitor my family’s hunting property. I could not get Reolink Go to connect to T-Mobile’s network. Anywhere. I tried for a solid 7 or 8 hours.
- All along the trip to my property I tried connecting and disconnecting the battery and pressing the reset button. After damaging my vehicle on crappy roads that weekend I returned to the town and went to T-Mobile. They tried a sim from a display phone and it worked immediately. They said the only difference was the display one had talk and text. So they added that to my card for like $5 more. So not bad…
Scott from the USA says that
- This review is for the Reolink 3G/4G LTE Outdoor PTZ Solar-powered camera.
- On my quest to have a camera at the end of my long driveway with no WIFI access I bought this. Upon opening the box the camera feels a bit flimsy, especially the mount. I purchased the T-Mobile nano card and got it home and setup was quite easy.
- That being said take note that other reviews state it has to be prepaid T-Mobile or ATT through cricket, mint or freedom pop. NOT CORRECT. After having no service at the end of my driveway with the T-Mobile I took myself down to the ATT store where I simply told them what I needed and they got me a nano prepaid card which worked with the device. Got home and had a signal at the end of my driveway.
Should I Buy It?
The Reolink Go PT Camera is a very effective cam. You can hang it at any place for outdoor use. This device is solar-powered, so you do have not to worry about the power cord and wiring. It is wire-free.
The cam has its network. No wifi is required. You can rotate the cam horizontally at 355 degrees, and vertically at 140 degrees. So the coverage is very wide-angled. The two-way audio and motion sensors make it very special.
The cam has a battery that does not run out for months when installed fully charged. It remains functional even in cloudy weather conditions. You can put the recording on the cloud server. The two-way audio is an important function as it is used to hush away intruders and suspects.
The review is given in detail to make the understanding of the cam pretty well. I hope it would have helped you. Kindly suggest with your remarks.