Jennov Wireless PTZ Camera is a standalone WiFi cam.
Jennov was established in 2008 and based in Shenzhen, China. The company offers a wide variety of video Surveillance cameras, Security systems, and Smart home devices that sell on Amazon and eBay.
The model number of this device is P22HT55-5X-FAS-64 on Amazon. If you are looking for an outdoor camera for a sensitive location that can zoom up to 5x digitally, pan across 360 degrees then this cam can serve you well.
The cam is strongly built and weatherproof. It supports two-way audio, can auto-track, and is sensitive to motion and audio. It is a wireless cam that can be mounted at any place.
How To Select A Ptz Camera?
To choose a ptz cam for outdoor or home, look for the following characteristics in them.
Easy To Setup The PTZ Camera
How easy it is to fix the camera. How easy it is to position or mount the camera. If a CCTV camera has a good pan/tilt, it might not require accurate positioning because panning and tilting cover the entire area. You might just place them over a heightened table or wardrobe.
Since PTZ cameras are used outdoors, weatherproofing is a must. Check whether your cameras have IP66, IP67, etc. level waterproofing at least.
Cameras have an inbuilt IR system. You have to check the quality of the night-vision. If night-vision is weak then it will capture dull images, face recognition would be difficult. The security purpose would be in peril.
All good PTZ cameras are equipped with speakers and microphones. With the help of the app, you can talk two-way and communicate with the person on the other side. It is a very useful function. With its help, you can alert others or hush away the threat.
Most cameras have an SD-Card slot that supports capacities up to 128GB. When you have this facility in your camera, then your camera is complete in its totality. It doesn’t require any external source like NVR/DVR to record the activities.
Any PTZ camera must also be wireless and SD card enabled so that you can use it as a standalone camera. By connecting it to any wifi network you can operate it from any remote location. It is even better if it is wire-free. When it is wire-free then there is no web of wire around it, and easy to operate.
Warranty & After Sales Service
Company support means warranty and after-sales service. It also means when you find any problem in installing and functioning then, the system is there behind you to support you in removing those issues.
PTZ cameras have a higher IR range. It enables the user to monitor objects to a greater distance in low-light conditions. Also, with technologies like smart IR, the camera can automatically balance the overexposure due to the IR LED lights.
IP Cameras and POEs
IP Cam is the latest and modern range. Installation is easy, and picture quality is the best. Go for IP appliances only. IP Cameras are network-based security cameras that communicate over a computer network to send a data signal back to the recorder.
Cloud Storage facility
CCTV cloud storage is a comprehensive program that allows users to store camera-related footage remotely without worrying about storage capacity on-site.
All PTZ cameras can be moved horizontally or vertically. They are made to function that way to cover the maximum coverage area.
When cameras move horizontally to cover the wider angle of the location then it is called as panning of the camera.
When they move vertically to cover the wider range then it is known as tilting of the camera.
Cameras can rotate horizontally up to 360 degrees and vertically up to 90 degrees. Though, the degrees of the movement vary from product to product.
Some latest good quality PTZ cameras can also be operated from a remote location with the help of the APP. Because of wider angle coverage, PTZ cameras are highly useful for sensitive locations that are big also.
PTZ cameras are special because they can be zoomed in and out manyfold. By zooming in the image you can trace even the minutest of the activities very clearly.
You can zoom in on the image from 2x to 40x and even more. The better the resolution and image quality, the clearer the zoomed clip. The quality of the zoomed image depends on the quality of the varifocal lens and the setting of focal length.
People have become accustomed to HD (1280 x 720) and even full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution videos for digital PTZ cameras/recorders and online videos, and with TV quickly moving into the HDTV era, IP camera users have come to expect megapixel resolution images from their cameras.
- 5MP HD PTZ
- Metal housing
- IP Waterproofing
- Two-way audio
- Motion detection
- Broad angle coverage
- SD card
- Support & warranty
- Sd card not included
- Support up to 2.4Ghz wifi only, not 5Ghz
Unboxing Of The Jennov Wireless PTZ Camera
The box includes the following items.
- 1 X 5MP HD WIFI IP Camera
- 1 X Screws pack
- 1 X user manual
- 1 X cat5 cable
- 1 X Adapter cord(3ft) + 10ft extension cable
The cam is white and oval-shaped. The dimensions are 8.86 x 8.07 x 4.84 inches, and it weighs 3.15 pounds. The cam has a metal housing that makes it very sturdy. It is weatherproof and vandal-proof.
It has six very powerful LEDs, a microphone, a lens, and a sensor is attached to the face f the cam. On the backside of the device, a slot is given for sd card and a USB port. A reset button is attached for settings. A powerful antenna is fixed at the top for the reception of the wifi signal.
Features Of the Jennov Wireless PTZ Camera
The camera has many functions and features. These attributes make the device a special cam.
5MP HD PTZ Camera Waterproof Metal Housing
The 5x optical zoom wireless wifi outdoor security cam is sturdy and heavy, equipped 2.7~13.5mm auto-focus Lens.
It can achieve 355° horizontal and 120° vertical pan and tilt remotely via phone/tablet/PC. It allows you to get closer and clearer to your property, and it covers a much larger vision range. No blind spots left.
The image resolution can be up to 2560x1920p, night vision distance up to 100ft.
Motion Detection Alarm/Siren
Upon detection of suspicious activity, the wifi Surveillance camera outdoor can activate a pre-emptive loud siren to scare off intruders, nipping potential dangers in the bud.
With intelligent motion detection, you can set notifications sent to your phone immediately so you know what is happening.
Also can turn off the siren, or choose a Barking alarm or customize a voice recording alarm according to what you need.
2-Way Audio Real-Time Communication
The wifi security camera comes with a built-in microphone and a high-quality speaker for enhanced audio quality.
It enables two-way audio to listen and talk to your pets, baby, or visitors and defends yourself by warning unwanted visitors.
With this wireless security cam, you can always hear your baby’s bright laughter when you miss him and can talk to him via the camera.
Pre-installed 64 GB Card, Never Miss a Moment Of Recording
After setting up the wireless dome IP camera’s recording mode, the camera will record the video on the 64G SD card according to your settings, and you can playback the video via your phone/tablet/PC whenever you want.
It never misses a moment. Also can download recording files from the SD card easily.
Support & Warranty
The company offers 2 years warranty and lifetime company support.
This 5MP ptz camera outdoor is equipped with enhanced 6 high-intensity IR LEDs that illuminate details in crisp, clear night vision up to 100 feet away.
Super HD wifi security camera would present real colors of objects in the daytime, and it enables you to view super clear images with live video streaming.
You can monitor your home or business clearly and easily even in the pitch dark.
How To Install?
To install the cam, you have to decide your location first. check that you are getting a good wifi signal at that place to connect your device to the App. If the wifi signal is weak in that zone, then change the area and find another location, where you receive a strong signal.
To monitor the cam on your mobile you have to install the “CloudEdge App” Add the cam by scanning the QR Code and you are viewing it on your mobile screen.
Ken 98045 reviews the cam from the USA
- This camera has outstanding night vision. It has a decent picture quality (for a sub $200 camera). The lens quality doesn’t match the sensor quality.
- Things are just not a clear/crisp as a camera with a better lens. Still, it is adequate for most security purposes and gives a nice picture overall. The zoom range is very useful (anything more than 5x isn’t needed for most purposes IMO).
- Here is the most significant flaw, at least to me. The cam can add multiple presets that can be called with one button press. HOWEVER, while the cam will go to a preset and zoom IN to preset position #1 it will NOT zoom OUT to preset #1 (yes, only preset 1).
- I very strongly suspect that this is a firmware bug that would be very easy to fix. It is something that any halfway decent QA process should have caught.
- You CAN zoom both into and out with any other preset, so you can work around the preset 1 problem by just using presets 2 and above.
- The other major flaw is that the software is pretty crude. You can use either the built-in web browser or you can use a client application.
- Both programs are pretty annoying, but they do get the job done. It just isn’t as smooth easy, or pleasant to use as it should be. The client app and (I think) the camera firmware are shared by multiple camera models from different “manufacturers”.
- So, you will probably see identical or very similar viewing/use experiences from multiple vendors with multiple model numbers each. Of course, firmware and software can both be upgraded. However, I think that the magnitude of the problem is such that they need to start over from scratch.
David W. Smith gives his feedback
- I have used two of their cams for some time now. I love the P2P connection. The PTZ camera is a remote installation on a neighbor’s house, which means I don’t have free access to his router at any time.
- The P2P connection means I don’t have to fiddle with IP addresses or ports or anything. I installed the cam, did the setup directly from my cell phone (outside his home), and then back at my home, entered the UID and the camera was located, no problem.
- The SD video quality is good, but the HD video quality is great. Just for bandwidth efficiency, I keep it on SD until there is something I want to inspect, then switch to HD. Very good picture.
Should I Buy It?
If you want to install a cam in an outdoor area, where wiring is not possible, and weather condition in that area is very unstable, then you can think of this device.
The device is wireless, so just manage to give power to the device and connect it through the App to view it from any location.
The cam is sturdy and weatherproof with IP66 weatherproofing. You can use the cam in low and high temperatures with equal ease. The sensor is strong and alerts you from many threats through push messages and alarms.
The cam is useful feature-wise. You will find it working in your favour.
The device is giving you the comfort of monitoring from any place. You are getting broad-angle coverage, threat alarms, zooming, and two-way audio by sitting at the same remote location.
The device is empowering you by showing what you were earlier blind to. It is giving you pleasure and peace.
Jennov Wireless PTZ camera review is for PTZ cam lovers. Please send your remarks regarding the review.