Hikvision DS-2CD2523G0-IWS Camera is a 2MP wifi dome camera. The camera is from Hikvision company that is located in the Shenzhen state of China. The Hikvision company has numerous security surveillance products. It is the frontrunner in CCTV products across the globe.
The cam is suitable for outdoor use. The maximum resolution relays are 1920*1080. The device is wifi enabled. It can be connected with wifi to show online.
It is a fixed lens camera, that is available in a 2.8 mm and 4mm camera.
The device is intelligent. It can sense threats, pass remarks, and communicate with you. You have to hang the device at a specific location and connect it through a cat-6 cable to give power to it, and to receive audio and video.
The CCTV camera which we are reviewing here has a unique shape. It is waterproof and vandal-proof. You can install it anywhere.
Buying Guide For A Fixed Dome WiFi Camera
The guide is given here to make up your mind.
Fixed Lens Camera
The fixed lens cams are those cams that have a fixed focal length. You can’t adjust their length. These cameras mainly cover a very wide-angle and can’t be zoomed. They are suitable for covering a sensitive area as they cover a wider field of view.
Colour Night Vision
The new generation of full-color technology is now equipped with dual-sensor structure and software optimization. It can output high-quality color images even when the white light is off which greatly reduces light pollution. In addition, its 4K resolution makes it possible to catch vivid color details at night. It also offers optical zoom and AI features that help save costs and improve work efficiency, making it suitable for a variety of application scenarios.
Resolution– Resolution is the most important and primary factor to check before buying a CCTV camera. The better the resolution, the better is the picture quality. When the resolution is poor, then you see barrel distorted images or videos on the screen and they pixelate.
When you see footage and images are not clear, then you fail to recognize the faces, which is an example of poor resolution. Nowadays HD cameras and IP cameras are in more demand and they are available with very good resolution quality. Buyers like 1080P resolution quality very much.
Night-Vision– Night vision is a must for any CCTV camera. If you have installed a CCTV camera, then it is for 24*7 support. When night vision is not clear then you may miss some very important clippings and activities that may cost you, dear, security-wise. Most of the cameras are with IR support. These IRs turn on and off based on the natural light available.
Digital camera– An IP camera is a digital camera that functions on the laws of Internet Protocol (IP) networks instead of analogue electric signals. IP cameras capture in megapixels which are better versions for higher picture quality.
Power-over-Ethernet– In PoE technology, you don’t require a separate power cable and ethernet cable for each camera. It keeps the system smoother as there is a lesser number of wires.
Passive Infrared Motion(PIR) Sensor– It is an electronic sensor that measures infrared (IR) light radiating from objects in its field of view. For that purpose, an imaging IR sensor is required. A PIR-based motion detector is used to sense the movement of people, animals, or other objects.
Two-Way Audio– Two-way audio makes you more powerful as you are in a position to pass instructions and guide or growl at a threat from a faraway place. It keeps you in the command.
Waterproofing– Check if the outdoor camera is compatible in stormy weather. IP66 layers are a must for cameras. It happens often that cameras develop glitches in strong weather conditions. Any good outdoor camera is weather resistant.
Wireless & WiFi– When cameras are wireless & wifi Accessible, then no clusters of wire around and it is always easy to access them online through any router installed in the range. It gives you the freedom to monitor from any remote location.
Recording– Check if cameras have a slot for an SD Card. Also find that you can preserve recording in the cloud or not.
Warranty– Warranty and company support are important. Cameras are always installed at key points. When they go out of order, then it is a threat to security. There comes the condition of warranty or company support as handy. A good company has always customer-friendly policies.
Advantages Of Hikvision DS-2CD2523G0-IWS Camera
Following are the advantages of this cam.
- 1920 x 1080 Resolution @ 30 fps
- EXIR 2.0 Range Up to 35 ft (10 m)
- 120 dB WDR
- 1/2.7″ Progressive Scan CMOS
- MicroSD Card Slot Supports 128 GB
- IP66, IK08 Protection
- 12 VDC and PoE (802.3af)
- The cam is not wire-free
- SD card is not given
- PoE switch and adapter is not given with the pack
Design Of The Fixed WiFi Dome Camera
The cam has a beautiful shape. It is oval-shaped by design. The color of the cam is white. The cam is designed in such a way that its base is metallic, and the front cover is plastic-based. The make of the cam is such that it functions as a waterproof and vandal-proof camera.
The cam consists of a CVBS interface, an alarm interface, an audio interface, a network interface, a debug interface, and a slot for SD Card. It has a reset button that will help you in settings.
Features Of Hikvision DS-2CD2523G0-IWS Camera
The features and functions of the cam are given below.
- The image sensor of the cam is 1/2.7″ progressive scan CMOS
- The device uses an IR cut filter
- The noise reduction method it applies is digital- 3D DNR
- The wide dynamic range is 120dB
- The cam has sensors. You get motion and audio alerts through sensors. You can pre-set areas, if anyone enters that zone, then it alerts you through alarms and pushes notifications.
- The cam is a WiFi-enabled device.
- The two-way audio gives you the option that you can pass any message through that and raise an alarm when you realize any suspicious activity.
- The device has a 2MP resolution.
- The device is available in 2.8mm and 4mm focal length.
- A 2.8mm lens covers- Horizontal field of view: 114°, vertical field of view: 62°, diagonal field of view: 135°
- A 4mm lens covers– Horizontal field of view: 86°, vertical field of view: 46°, diagonal field of view: 102°
- IR covers a range of 35 meters
- IR Fixed Mini Network Dome Wi-Fi Camera provides high-definition network output.
- It supports H.265+ video compression, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage.
- The maximum resolution it gives is 1920 x 1080 Resolution @ 30 fps
- The device is a fixed lens IR outdoor device.
- The camera has a slot for a micro SD card. You can install the card on it. It supports up to 128GB of cards.
- The API is ONVIF
- The wireless range it covers is 165ft or 50meters.
- It filters the noise from the atmosphere.
- The device is waterproof. It can withstand a temperature of -30 degrees celsius o 60 degrees celsius.
- The waterproofing level is IP66. The vandal-proof de ice has a standard IK08.
Download User Manual, Quickstart Guide, and Data Sheet
You can download them in PDF format from here. It is given here in the form of a download button. You have to click the button and get the complete information. The user manual is full of features and functions. The Quickstart guide tells you about the design and installation of the device. The datasheet has all the technical details available.
How To Install?
If you want to install the device, then you have to choose your location. When your location is decided then mark that area with a template. Take the mounting base of the device to that specific area and tighten the screws with the help of anchors. When you find that the mounting stand is properly fixed, set the cam on that stand.
If you want to monitor the device on your smartphone, then you have to install the application on your mobile. Install the iVMS 4500 Application by searching it on the google play store. After installation, scan the QR Code, then add the device by following the given instructions. The cam will appear on your mobile display screen.
An Amazon Customer from the USA reviewed it as:
- I had issues with false motion detection every 2 minutes. The first night, I had hundreds of “notifications” of motion. I guess I had the sensitivity set too high or a branch from my crepe myrtle blowing in the breeze was causing the problem. Otherwise, it’s’ a great camera.
- Love that it picks up voices. It doesn’t always catch someone coming in or out of my front door though. It seems to be delayed 5 or so seconds before it starts recording. I’ve yet to catch a video of the Amazon guy placing packages on my porch.
- It was easy to set up wirelessly and install in the ceiling (with help from the boyfriend who does electrical work. He had to run electrical wire to my front porch ceiling so the camera had power).
Ward reviewed it as:
- I bought 2 cameras. I added a U8R 850nm IR Illuminator to pick up wildlife. The illuminator is invisible. The camera is Great. Setup easy, I recommend adding cameras at router w ethernet cable, either way, is easy.
- The phone app and the laptop app loaded and function fine, load quickly. The reason I gave 3 stars is bc of the software on the laptop and the phone is A CPU FAT HOG. I work on a computer and love to monitor the cameras. I always believed my 2.5GHz and 6GB RAM was amazingly capable and FAST.
Should I Buy It?
The cam is wifi supported. It is a fixed lens camera available in 2.8mm and 4mm. The mini dome is having audio and motion sensor functions. The device is equipped with two-way audio. The EXIR 2.0 technology gives it an added advantage in the dark atmosphere. The SD card function makes it a standalone camera. Though the device is normally used with NVRs. The durability of the device is good.
Whether you live in a tropical country or a cold part of the world, the device is suitable for every place. It is a superb IP mini dome cam that can also be connected with wifi. The range for the device to catch wifi is 50meters.
You can install this device at your property, house, office, field, or garage. It will keep you satisfied with its performance.
This is the review for the Hikvision DS-2CD2523G0-IWS Camera. Please notify us with your suggestions.