Hikvision DS-2CD2543G0-IS Camera is a fixed lens 4mm camera that can capture images day and night. It is from the manufacturer Hikvision. Hikvision Company is a Chinese organization, and its branches are in every corner of the world. The organization is very reputed and renowned in the security surveillance market.
The camera is a mini dome camera with a plethora of solid functions. The cam supports H.265+ video format. It compresses videos in bandwidths and saves space in storage devices.
The EXIR 2.0 technology gives it additional advantages in illuminating brighter images. The device has a very high resolution of 2688 × 1520@30frames per second. It is a Network camera. Network cameras are also known as IP cameras.
Buying Guide For A Compact Dome Camera
There are so many benefits to this device.
Colour Night Vision
The new generation of full-color technology is now equipped with dual-sensor structure and software optimization. It can output high-quality color images even when the white light is off which greatly reduces light pollution. In addition, its 4K resolution makes it possible to catch vivid color details at night. It also offers optical zoom and AI features that help save costs and improve work efficiency, making it suitable for a variety of application scenarios.
Resolution– Resolution is the most important and primary factor to check before buying a CCTV camera. The better the resolution, the better is the picture quality. When the resolution is poor, then you see barrel distorted images or videos on the screen and they pixelate.
When you see footage and images are not clear, then you fail to recognize the faces, which is an example of poor resolution. Nowadays HD cameras and IP cameras are in more demand and they are available with very good resolution quality. Buyers like 1080P resolution quality very much.
Night-Vision– Night vision is a must for any CCTV camera. If you have installed a CCTV camera, then it is for 24*7 support. When night vision is not clear then you may miss some very important clippings and activities that may cost you, dear, security-wise. Most of the cameras are with IR support. These IRs turn on and off based on the natural light available.
Digital camera– An IP camera is a digital camera that functions on the laws of Internet Protocol (IP) networks instead of analog electric signals. IP cameras capture in megapixels which are better versions for higher picture quality.
Power-over-Ethernet– In PoE technology, you don’t require a separate power cable and ethernet cable for each camera. It keeps the system smoother as there is a lesser number of wires.
Passive Infrared Motion(PIR) Sensor– It is an electronic sensor that measures infrared (IR) light radiating from objects in its field of view. For that purpose, an imaging IR sensor is required. A PIR-based motion detector is used to sense the movement of people, animals, or other objects.
Two-Way Audio– Two-way audio makes you more powerful as you are in a position to pass instructions and guide or growl at a threat from a faraway place. It keeps you in the command.
Waterproofing– Check if the outdoor camera is compatible in stormy weather. IP66 layers are a must for cameras. It happens often that cameras develop glitches in strong weather conditions. Any good outdoor camera is weather resistant.
Wireless & WiFi– When cameras are wireless & wifi Accessible, then no clusters of wire around and it is always easy to access them online through any router installed in the range. It gives you the freedom to monitor from any remote location.
Recording– Check if cameras have a slot for an SD Card. Also find that you can preserve recording in the cloud or not.
Warranty– Warranty and company support are important. Cameras are always installed at key points. When they go out of order, then it is a threat to security. There comes the condition of warranty or company support as handy. A good company has always customer-friendly policies.
Advantages Of Hikvision DS-2CD2543G0-IS Camera
The cam has the following attributes that make it different from other cameras.
- IR cut filter enables day and night functionality
- EXIR 2.0 technology for up to 35′ of night vision
- The camera pivots horizontally from -30 to 30° & vertically from 0 to 75°
- 120 dB wide dynamic range
- Image settings include rotate mode, saturation, brightness, contrast, sharpness, automatic gain control, and white balance
- 2.8 mm and 4 mm lens options
- WDR 120 dB
- Region of Interest
- One fixed region for main stream and sub-stream
- SD card supportable up to 128GB
- PoE switch & PoE adapter is not given
- There is no sd card in the package
- There is no WiFi given in the device
Design Of The Compact Dome camera
The cam is oval-shaped and available in two colors in the market. You can select a white camera or a black color camera. They both have the same features. The dimensions of the device are 4.3″ x 2.2″ and the weight of the device is 400grams.
The device has slots for an audio interface, a network interface, a CVBS interface, a reset button, and a slot for SD Card.
The base of the device is metallic, and the upper cover is of plastic. It is waterproof and a vandal-proof device.
Features Of Hikvision DS-2CD2543G0-IS Camera
The cam has many functions and features. We are giving them here. When you know the features well, you are in a position to use them well. We are giving them here.
- The image sensor is 1/3″ progressing CMOS
- It has an IR cut filter. When it is dark the device shifts to IR automatically
- The technology used here is 3 dimension noise reduction(3DNR)
- 2688 x 1520 Resolution @ 30 fps
- It supports H.265+ video compression, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage
- SD Card Slot Supports 128 GB. Here you have to use a micro SD card.
- The camera has a 2.8 mm fixed lens and offers an EXIR 2.0 range of up to 35 ft (10 m)
- The cam captures a wide-angle coverage. The 2.8mm lens covers-horizontal field of view: 98°, vertical field of view: 55°, diagonal field of view: 114°.
- If you are using a 4mm camera then it captures the Field Of View- 78°, vertical field of view: 42°, diagonal field of view: 93°
- IR Range Up to 35 ft (10 m)
- The device is a smart cam device. You can set line crossing detection, intrusion detection, etc. on the device to save yourself from suspects and intruders.
- On-Board recording is done by a micro SD/SDHC/SDXC slot, up to 128 GB
- Two-way audio gives you the freedom to hush up someone or to transfer a message.
- The device is waterproof. the standard is IP66, and it is also a vandal-proof device with the level IK08.
How To Install The Device?
If you want to install the cam then the first thing is that select your location. Mark your area of choice with a template. Then mount the camera base to that level and fix it with the help of anchors and screws. Set the camera on that cam base.
If you want to monitor the cam on your smartphone, then you have to install the app on the mobile phone. There are two apps available that can allow you to monitor the cam on the phone. You can either install “iVMS 4500 App” or “Hik-connect App”
For that, you have to search the app on the google play store, and then install that app. Then the next step is that you have to scan the QR Code of the cam and add the device by clicking on the “+” sign. Follow the instructions and you will be able to monitor the camera on your smartphone display.
Download Quicksmart Guide, User manual, And Datasheet
We are giving you here these PDFs. With their help, you will be able to get complete information about these things. They are given to you here, in the form of a download button. Click the download button to get all the detail.
Should I Buy It?
The Hikvision DS-2CD2543G0-IS(B) provides high-definition network output. It supports H.265+ video compression, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage. The resolution is 2688*1520, and the cam is available in 2.8mm, and 4mm lenses. The focal length of the device is fixed. The alarm and audio give you added security. It is a reasonable device for your property.
If you want to use it, you can use for indoors, if you want it to use for outdoors, you can go with that idea. It gives you both the options. Either you can use it as a Bullet device, or you can use it as a Dome device. You are happy both ways. It can serve easily for your courtyard, offices, homes, and garages. The device is a waterproof device with IP66 level and a vandal-proof device with IK08 standard.
The article is written for your better understanding of the Hikvision DS-2CD2543G0-IS cam. Please share your responses.