Hikvision DS-2CD2623G1-IZS Camera is a varifocal cam that can be tuned between 2.8mm and 12mm. The benefit of a varifocal device is that it can be focussed and re-adjusted to an object. The view it gives is bigger and clearer. Varifocal cameras are mainly used for places of high security.
This cam is from Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd. It is a China-based organization that is the largest manufacturer of security surveillance devices. The company has durable products, good product services, and warranties.
The Hikvision Metal Bullet camera is a 2MP cam, with 1920 x 1080 Resolution @ 30 fps. The cam is waterproof with IP67 level and supports a micro sd card. The cam is an advanced device with a sensor and digital noise reduction. The metal bullet camera is a network cam.
Buying Guide For A Varifocal CCTV Camera
If you are interested in purchasing a varifocal camera then you can look for the following features.
Varifocal lens- A varifocal cam has the potential to capture between the lowest and the widest fields of view. This means that you can manually set both the view curve and level of zoom. When you have to look for wider angles. set the 2.8mm lens, and when you want a bigger, zoomed image then a 12mm setting is more accurate.
Colour Night Vision- The equipment is equipped with a dual-sensor structure. There are SMART IRs, or EXIR technology techniques, that help you to give color images in dark. The spotlight, floodlight, or starlight night-vision also assists in giving color images.
Digital camera– An IP camera is a digital cam that functions based on IP cams. IP cameras capture in megapixels which are improved versions for higher image quality. It captures things in megapixels.
Resolution– Resolution is the primary source behind giving good images. The better the resolution, the better is the picture quality. When the resolution is poor, then you see barrel distorted images.
When you see images and find blurred images then it means that the resolution of the device is low. HD cams and IP cams have higher resolutions. Technically, IP cams are better in picture quality.
Night-Vision– Night vision is a must for any CCTV camera. To support good capturing when it is dark outside we have to have good IR quality. There are many techniques by which we can get acceptable night-vision images. Some of them are EXIR technology, starlight, floodlight, spotlight, and dark fighter technology.
Power-over-Ethernet– Here, Power over Ethernet (POE) is a technology that lets network cables carry electrical power. The devices that are PoE enabled are easy to set up and their fault ratio is very low.
Passive Infrared Motion(PIR) Sensor– It is an electronic sensor that measures infrared (IR) light radiating from objects in its field of view. For that purpose, an imaging IR sensor is required to attach. It makes you able to detect humans, vehicles, etc.
Two-Way Audio– It makes you more influential as you are in a position to transfer information and scare away the threat. You are always in the command.
Waterproofing– Check if the outdoor camera is compatible in stormy weather. What is the ingress protection type? Know the waterproofing level as it gives you confidence for outdoors.
Wireless & WiFi– Wireless devices are easy to access online. There is no hassle of wires around. WiFi is always a better technology.
Recording– Check if cameras have a slot for an SD Card. Also find that you can preserve recording in the cloud or not.
Warranty– A company warranty is a testimony against any glitch in a specific period. It gives you assurance against any damage and problem.
Advantages Of Hikvision DS-2CD2623G1-IZS Camera
The device has the following advantages.
- 1/2.8″ (2 MP) Progressive Scan CMOS is the image sensor
- 1920 x 1080 Resolution @ 30 fps
- The wide dynamic range is 120dB
- Digital noise reduction is 3d-DNR
- MicroSD Card Slot Supports 128 GB
- IP67 Protection
The device has a few disadvantages.
- The device is not WiFi-enabled
- There is no PoE switch or adapter with the pack
- The d card is to purchase separately
Design Of Hikvision DS-2CD2623G1-IZS Camera
The cam is a cylindrical shape, and the color of the cam is white. The dimensions are 04.1 x 11.7 squre inches. The weight of the device is 1.285 kg. It is a heavy device. The cam is metallic.
It is a varifocal device. it is between 2.8mm & 12mm lens. It captures the wide-angle and focussed narrow-angle both. The device has many interfaces. It has audio, alarm, CVBS, network, and debug interfaces.
The device is also designed in such a way that, it has a slot for an sd card. The housing of the device has a back cover, side cover, sun shield, and a front cover. There is a lens and a reset button.
Features Of the 2MP Metal Varifocal Bullet Camera
The cam has many features and functions. You have to know these qualities to use the cam.
- The camera has a 1/2.8″ progressive scan CMOS image sensor. It gives a clear perspective of the objective.
- The cam has an automatic IR cut filter. When there is darkness outside the IR shifts to night-mode from the day-mode.
- Digital Noise Reduction(DNR) is three-dimensional. It means that the user gets very smooth audio.
- The image comprises a wide and bright detailing. The cam has a Wide Dynamic Range(WDR), and it is 120dB.
- The camera mount is designed in such a way that it can pan between 0 degrees to 360 degrees. The tilt it has is between 0degrees and 90 degrees. The device can rotate up to 360 degrees.
- The cam has a focal length between 2.8mm & 12mm. It has a motorized focal length.
- The Fields Of View(FOV) is- Horizontal FOV: 110° to 31°, vertical FOV: 58° to 18°, diagonal FOV: 136° to 36°
- The IR range it covers is 165 feet or 50 meters.
- The wavelength of the device is 850nm.
- The Varifocal Bullet Camera provides high-definition network output.
- It supports H.265+ video compression, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage.
- Smart features such as line crossing and intrusion detection are supported.
- The cam supports sensors. The device can be pre-set for monitoring and alarm detection. You can pre-set certain sensitive zones. Because of this demarcation when anyone crosses that line or anybody intrudes in that location, then it will alert you and raise alarm.
- It keeps you alert and gives you full protection.
- The device has a maximum resolution, and that is 1920 × 1080
- The image it captures per second is @30fps.
- The device has given this option that you can reset images with brightness, sharpness, color combination, and contrasts.
- The cam has this facility for inserting a micro sd card for recording. The device supports a micro SD/SDHC/SDXC card. You can use a memory card up to 128GB.
- The camera triggers the alarm in the following circumstances- Motion detection, video tampering alarm, network disconnected, IP address conflict, illegal login, HDD full, HDD error
- The device is ONVIF supported.
- The device supports two-way audio. It means that you can send any message across to the person who is on the device end. It also empowers you to shout at your suspect at the other end.
- The device is metallic. It is sturdy that can be used in any type of weather condition. The ingress protection type is IP67.
How To Install?
If you want to install the device then the first thing is to mark the location. Once the location is decided stick the drill template at that point. Now mount the camera base and drill that area. Fix the mounting stand of the camera with screws, and set the camera on that stand.
To view the cam on your smartphone you have to install the application on your mobile phone. The application for this device is IVMS 4500. You can get this application on the google play store. Install the app and scan the QR Code of the device. You are now able to add the camera and monitor it on your Android smartphone.
Download User Manual, Quick Start Guide, & Data Sheet
Here, you will get the complete product information. The quick start guide is for knowing about the make, and installation of the device. The User manual is to know that how we have to use the equipment.
The datasheet is given here for knowing the technological details. It has been given here in the form of download buttons. Click the button to get them.
Zoolander has reviewed it as
- I was only hoping for half the advertised hype in this camera’s description. After being burned so many times and “making do” with so many other cameras, I was quite surprised that I was able to purchase a camera for 1/3 of the price I typically pay for cameras.
ZFMax has opined that-
- I naively assumed this camera was already focused correctly, and I was majorly disappointed in the picture. Not nearly as clear as the other cameras I’ve brought in for testing. Then I focused on it. Wow, what a difference!
- It went from being noticeably more blurry than all my other cameras, to noticeably sharper. Yes, the focus control has a lot of backlashes, and it’s very sensitive. I had my laptop with me, remotely patched into my DVR so I could see the effects of my changes. I fiddled with the OSD settings, too, but ended up back at the defaults.
Should I Buy It?
The device is a metal device. It has a varifocal lens that covers a range from 2.8mm to 12mm. The cam has a bright night vision with 2MP, and 1920 × 1080 resolution. It supports audio and motion sensors. The two-way audio keeps us empowered, and the sensors give us alerts from intruders and suspects. The equipment is waterproof. The level of protection is IP67. It can be used anywhere with authority.
The device is designed and featured in such a way that you can install it in your farmhouse, lawns, garages, offices, or homes. It is suitable for outdoors and indoors. The warranty of the cam is for three years and the company has service centers at many locations in the country. You will always be satisfied with its performance.
The review of the Hikvision DS-2CD2623G1-IZS Camera device is given to educate you on this product. Please share your responses regarding the article.