Hikvision DS-2CD2783G1-IZS Camera is a varifocal device that can adjust the lens from 2.8mm to 12mm. It covers a horizontal FOV(Field Of View): 105° to 34.5°, vertical FOV: 55° to 19°, diagonal FOV: 125° to 40°. It means that the camera is covering a very wide capturing area because of its varifocal nature.
The cam is from Hikvision Company. Hikvision has been a leader of security surveillance devices for the last 10 years. Its headquarter is in Shenzhen, China.
The device is an 8MP camera. The technology to view in night-vision is Exir 2.0. It relays images manyfold better than normal LEDs. The resolution is 3840 x 2160 Resolution and it captures @15 frames per second. It means that every activity is being monitored. The Network Camera is a metal dome device.
Buying Guide For A Varifocal camera
Varifocal lens- A varifocal cam has various focal lengths. You can focus multiple objects from the same cam. An object that is near can also be focused, and the object that is far away can also be focused. This is the speciality of a varifocal cam.
Digital camera– An IP camera is a digital camera that functions on the laws of Internet Protocol (IP). It is unlike an analogue camera. IP cameras capture in megapixels. Megapixels always give clearer images than TVLs.
Power-over-Ethernet– In PoE technology, the same cable can transfer power and data. You don’t require different cabling for power, audio, video, and internet.
Resolution– Resolution is the most important and primary factor to check before buying a CCTV camera. The higher the resolution, and chances are high for better picture quality. When the resolution is poor, then you see barrel distorted images or videos on the screen and they pixelate.
When images are dull, you will always fund blurred images that are not good for security. That is why high-resolution devices are very handy.
Night-Vision– Night vision is a must for any CCTV camera. If you have installed a CCTV camera, then it is for 24*7 support.
When night vision is not clear then you may miss some very important clippings and activities that may pinch you. There are star IRs, EXIR Technology, DarkFighter Technology, etc. for better night vision quality.
Passive Infrared Motion(PIR) Sensor– It is an electronic sensor that measures infrared (IR) light radiating from objects in its field of view. For that purpose, an imaging IR sensor is required. The sensors are used to detect activities through motion and detection.
Two-Way Audio– Two-way audio makes you more powerful as you are in a position to pass instructions to the person on the device end. It also helps you in hushing away the intruder.
Waterproofing– Check if the outdoor camera is compatible in harsh weather conditions. When cams are not weatherproof they can not be used at every pace. The Ingress Protection(IP) type tells about the strength of the device in hard weather conditions.
Wireless & WiFi– When cams are wireless & wifi Accessible, then there is no clubbing of cables near the device. It gives you the freedom to monitor from any remote location. It also makes the setup easier.
Recording– Check if cameras have a slot for an SD Card. Also find that you can preserve recording in the cloud or not.
Warranty– Warranty and company support are important. Cameras are always installed at key points. When they go out of order, then it is a threat to security. There comes the condition of warranty or company support as handy. A good company has always customer-friendly policies.
Advantages Of Hikvision DS-2CD2783G1-IZS Camera
It has the following advantages.
- 1/2.5″ (8 MP) Progressive Scan CMOS
- 3840 x 2160 Resolution @ 15 fps
- Up to 100 ft (30 m) EXIR 2.0 IR Range
- 2.8 mm to 12 mm Motorized Varifocal Lens
- H.265+, H.265, H.264+, H.264
- 120 dB True WDR
- Micro SD Card Slot Supports 128 GB
- IP67, IK10 Protection
- Durable Metal Housing
- 12 VDC and PoE (802.3af)
- PoE switches and PoE adapters are not given
- SD Card is not given
- The device doesn’t connect with WiFi
Design Of Hikvision DS-2CD2783G1-IZS Camera
The cam is white. It is available in black color. Its shape is semi-circular. The dimensions of the device are 6″ * 4.4″ and its weight is 1.33 Kg. The cam has an upper cap that keeps it safe from direct sun rays, rain, and dust. The cam is a metal dome.
The cam base is known as the mounting plate that hangs on the surface and supports the camera to fix the location. The cam has an audio interface, a CVBS interface, an alarm interface, and a network interface.
The cam has also a slot given for the sd card, and a reset button is also attached to it. With that reset button, you can set alarm, audio, recording, etc. as per your choice. This is the shape and design of the camera.
Features Of Hikvision DS-2CD2783G1-IZS Camera
The 8MP varifocal metal dome camera has the following features and functions.
- It uses a 1/2.5″ progressive scan CMOS sensor to capture 3840 x 2160 resolution video at 15 fps.
- IR LEDs provide up to 100′ of night vision.
- The camera’s 2.8-12mm motorized varifocal lens delivers a 105 to 34.5° horizontal field of view.
- Two-way audio is possible thanks to an audio input and output.
- It supports H.265+ video compression, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage.
- An onboard memory card slot accepts micro SD/SDHC/SDXC cards up to 128GB
- Integrated PoE technology simplifies connectivity by enabling the transfer of power and data through a single cable.
- This dome camera complies with ONVIF profiles S and G, making it compatible with a wide range of surveillance devices.
- The rugged housing makes these outdoor cameras waterproof. They work perfectly both inside and outside your house, in any harsh weather conditions.
- The camera’s metal enclosure is IP67 and IK10 rated for outdoor use in areas at risk of vandalism.
- These IP cameras are equipped with on-device detection technology to identify humans and vehicles from other objects. With accurate detection, you can keep a sharper eye on the true threats and release your mind from unnecessary alerts.
- Thanks to the Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology, this varifocal cam can transmit videos and get power simultaneously via only one network cable. Easy plug-and-play for a reliable connection.
- The PoE cams support recording 24/7 continuously during the scheduled time or when movement is detected. Videos can be saved on the micro SD card. It supports memory cards up to 128GB.
- Whenever the danger is detected, these surveillance cameras will trigger alerts by sending real-time push notifications or alert emails to your device. You can watch the live feed, be informed of the emergency, replay key moments.
- With the advanced IR and 3D-DNR technology, these security cameras deliver clear and sharp pictures and videos even in low light conditions. Your property will be visible at night with a distance of up to 100ft or 30 meters.
- The product has a warranty for 3 years.
Download User Manual, Quick Start Guide, And Data Sheet
Her, these catalogs are given in the pdf form. To get them you have to click the button. When you click the download button, you will get to a place where you can easily read or download the manuals. Click the button for more.
How To Install?
To install the camera, you have to select your location first. When you are done with your location, you have to mark the area with a template. Now, take the mounting plate and put it on that template. Fix it with anchors and screws. After that set your cam device on that mounting stand.
If you have to watch the camera on your mobile screen, then you have to install the App on your mobile. You can either install Hik-Connect App or iVMS-4500 App on your mobile.
To install them go to the google play store and search for these apps. Install them and then scan the QR Code of the cam to add the device. Click the “+” sign and follow the instructions. The cam will come on the smartphone device.
A warrior from the USA says that:
- Very customizable OSD menu which allows you to tinker camera settings to perfection.
- These cameras provide a strong led light at night to provide excellent color night vision. They are excellent for mounting on the front of a house where there is an existing street lamp light source or somewhere where a night light source is present. The camera’s LEDs enhance that light and the picture is incredible at night.
- Warm color temp picture which provides excellent contract. 2.8 mm lens is the widest lens so, with criss-cross front yard cameras, you can achieve blanket CCTV coverage fairly easily.
Brown from the USA reviews it as
- I’m always looking for improvements and when one of my other cameras died and I needed a replacement, I bought several of these cameras just in case others needed replacing.
- After seeing the wide field of view and clarity of this camera, I decided to replace a perfectly good Swann camera as well. This camera covers the same area that would’ve required two cameras several years ago.
- I love the turret design, it looks and feels like it should cost at least twice the price. The night vision is excellent. Where I used to use an IR illuminator array to help the previous cameras, this camera lights up the area for several dozen feet. Only the far reaches of my backyard, almost 100ft away, are dark.
Should I Buy It?
The DS-2CD2783G1-IZSB 8MP Outdoor Network Dome Camera from Hikvision uses a 1/2.5″ progressive scan CMOS sensor to capture 3840 x 2160 resolution video at 15 fps.
IR LEDs provide up to 100′ of night vision. The camera’s 2.8-12mm motorized varifocal lens delivers a 105 to 34.5° horizontal field of view. Two-way audio is also given to raise any alarm at a threat.
These features are superb for any outdoor or indoor device. You are very safe in its presence.
The cam is suitable for outdoors and indoors. You are getting safety and security through this device. There is no problem with its services and warranty coverage. The company is good and the product quality is best in its range. It is a good device for your homes, offices, front doors, backyards, garages, etc.
The review is to educate you about this device. Please mention your remarks in the comment section.