Hikvision DS-2CD2783G1-IZSB Camera is an 8MP metal dome camera. It is a varifocal cam that has an adjusting lens between 2.8mm and 12mm.
When you use a 2.8mm lens, then it covers a wider angle, and when we adjust the lens to 6mm, or 12mm, then it focuses a narrower region specifically. It further means that the varifocal cam can adjust and pan across from left side to right side up to 355 degrees, and tilt up to 75 degrees.
The manufacturer of this device is Hikvision Ltd. It is a Chinese company with the top-most sales figures among the security surveillance companies. They give three years warranty to their CCTV products, and their service centers are available throughout the world.
There are many types of security cameras available, but this is a special IP camera. This model number device is available in black color.
Buying Guide For CCTV Cameras
Resolution– Resolution is the most important and primary factor to check before buying a CCTV camera. The better the resolution, the better is the picture quality. When the resolution is poor, then you see barrel distorted images or videos on the screen and they pixelate.
When you see footage and images are not clear, then you fail to recognize the faces, which is an example of poor resolution. Nowadays HD cameras and IP cameras are in more demand and they are available with very good resolution quality. Buyers like 1080P resolution quality very much.
Night-Vision– Night vision is a must for any CCTV camera. If you have installed a CCTV camera, then it is for 24*7 support. When night vision is not clear then you may miss some very important clippings and activities that may cost you, dear, security-wise. Most of the cameras are with IR support. These IRs turn on and off based on the natural light available.
Varifocal lens- A varifocal camera allows you to adjust between its top and bottom limits on its view angle. This means that you can manually set both the view angle and level of zoom. Have a scenario where you need to zoom in on a gate or other access point? Use the 12mm setting (12 degrees and about 4x zoom). Need a wide-angle view? Go with 2.8 mm (109 degrees). Need something in between? Try 6mm (~45 degrees) or 9mm (~30 degrees).
Digital camera– An IP camera is a digital camera that functions on the laws of Internet Protocol (IP) networks instead of analog electric signals. IP cameras capture in megapixels which are better versions for higher picture quality.
Power-over-Ethernet– In PoE technology, you don’t require a separate power cable and ethernet cable for each camera. It keeps the system smoother as there is a lesser number of wires.
Passive Infrared Motion(PIR) Sensor– It is an electronic sensor that measures infrared (IR) light radiating from objects in its field of view. For that purpose, an imaging IR sensor is required. A PIR-based motion detector is used to sense the movement of people, animals, or other objects.
Two-Way Audio– Two-way audio makes you more powerful as you are in a position to pass instructions and guide or growl at a threat from a faraway place. It keeps you in the command.
Waterproofing– Check if the outdoor camera is compatible in stormy weather. IP66 layers are a must for cameras. It happens often that cameras develop glitches in strong weather conditions. Any good outdoor camera is weather resistant.
Wireless & WiFi– When cameras are wireless & wifi Accessible, then no clusters of wire around and it is always easy to access them online through any router installed in the range. It gives you the freedom to monitor from any remote location.
Recording– Check if cameras have a slot for an SD Card. Also find that you can preserve recording in the cloud or not.
Warranty– Warranty and company support are important. Cameras are always installed at key points. When they go out of order, then it is a threat to security. There comes the condition of warranty or company support as handy. A good company has always customer-friendly policies.
Advantages Of Hikvision DS-2CD2783G1-IZSB Camera
This cam has many prominent functions. You can get a glimpse from here.
- It supports H.265+ video compression
- 1/2.5″ (8 MP) Progressive Scan CMOS
- 2.8 to 12 mm Motorized Varifocal Lens
- Up to 100 ft (30 m) EXIR 2.0 Range
- MicroSD Card Slot Supports 128 GB
- Durable Metal Housing
- IP67, IK10 Protection
- SD card is not given with the product
- PoE adapters and PoE switches are not given
- It is not a WiFi camera
Design Of The Metal Dome Camera
The enclosure of the cam is made of rugged metal. It is quite sturdy, waterproof, and vandal-proof. The shape of the device is semi-circular. It has black color housing. The dimensions of the cam are 153.3mm * 111.6mm. The weight it carries is 2.90lbs.
The device has a mounting stand. It is given to hang the device. The cam has an alarm interface, an audio interface, a network interface, a CVBS interface, a reset button, and a slot for sd card. The cam is designed in such a way, that no amount of water seeps through it. It is waterproof.
Features Of Hikvision DS-2CD2783G1-IZSB Camera
This varifocal metal dome has superb features and functions to its credit.
- 2.8-12mm Manual Varifocal lens, Full Metal Case for Vandalproof and weatherproof
- IP67 weatherproof housing protects from elements, including dust and sand, as well as harsh weather conditions, such as rain and snow. Heavy-duty metal IP67 cams can be mounted indoors and outdoors and are built tough to withstand rain, snow, and the elements.
- 1/2.5″ progressive scan CMOS sensor to capture 3840 x 2160 resolution video at 15 fps.
- IR LEDs provide up to 100 feet of night vision. This Camera has built-in LED lights that enhance its night vision up to 30 meters ( 100ft). Gives you great vision during complete darkness.
- EXIR 2.0 IR range of up to 100 ft
- The camera’s 2.8-12mm motorized varifocal lens delivers a 110 to 34.5° horizontal field of view.
- (Horizontal Field Of View) FOV: 105° to 34.5°, vertical FOV: 55° to 19°, diagonal FOV: 125° to 40°
- Smart features, such as line crossing and intrusion detection are supported.
- 120dB True WDR technology deals with high-contrast lighting.
- The cam supports H.265+ video compression, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage.
- MicroSD Card Slot Supports 128GB
- Continuous video recording with a 128GB MicroSD card. Just insert the Micro SD into the base of the cam and you’re all set.
- This cam system lets you listen in and talk back through the built-in speaker and microphone that work directly through your Phone app and cam device.
Download Quick Start Guide, User Manual, And Data Sheet
You will get here PDFs of these manuals. These are given here to make you understand your device. There is every kind of detail available. It is given here in the form of download buttons. You have to just click the download button to get them. The user manual is about the functions of the device. The datasheet is about the technical aspects of the cam, and the Quickstart guide tells you about the product, unboxing, design, and installation part of the device.
How To Install?
It is a very important step. The detailed installation process is given in the Quickstart guide.
To install the device the first step is to mark your location. When it is confirmed then mark that area with a template. Now take the help of anchors and screws and fix the mounting stand. When it is fixed, set the camera on that mounting stand. The wire connects to give it power, audio and video relay.
If you want to monitor the cam on your smartphone, then you have to install the app. For that, open your browser, and search for google play store. Now go for “iVMS App” or “Hik-connect App”.
Search the app and install it on your mobile device. You can install any one of them on your smartphone.
After installing it, scan the QR code and click the “+” sign, and add the camera. It will prompt you certain actions, follow them and the cam will come on your display screen.
Donn E Bly Shared their opinion:
- As a wide-angle camera, it worked great out of the box with perfect focus, but I wanted a camera with zoom so that I could tell whether someone had left the deadbolt disengaged or not. This camera met those needs, and I can now tell via camera whether or not the door is locked. The ability to change modes via dip switch on the end of the power pigtail was nice as opposed to dipping switches on the camera body.
- If you have never used a dome camera before it may seem awkward to mount, but if you remove the Allen hex-head set screw and unscrew the retaining rings everything comes apart and you can easily screw the base onto the wall or ceiling surface. In my case, I used standard #8 wood screws because I was going into the stud behind the drywall instead of using the supplied screws and anchors.
Brett says that–
- In the past, I’ve purchased fixed-lens systems (typically 3.6mm) and a pack of M12 lenses of various focal lengths. While this approach works in principle, in practice it sucks. Each time you want to change the focus, or focal length you have to disassemble said camera; that gives the chance of breaking something, introducing moisture, dirt, etc. Further, there is the issue of constant changes in temperature, weather, etc which can cause CCTV camera lenses to go out of focus
Should I Buy It?
The DS-2CD2783G1-IZSB from Hikvision is an 8 Megapixel Network Outdoor Dome Camera, 2.8-12mm Lens, Black. The Hikvision DS-2CD2783G1-IZS Outdoor IR Varifocal Dome Camera provides high-definition network output.
It supports H.265+ video compression, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage. The camera is equipped with a 2.8 to 12 mm motorized varifocal lens and offers an EXIR 2.0 range of up to 100 ft (30 m). Smart features, such as line crossing and intrusion detection are supported. The cam features are great.
You can use the cam at your homes, offices, or anywhere. The cam is great for outdoors, and indoors. You can mount it easily, the set-up process is not difficult. The product is durable and carries a warranty of 3 years. The after-sales service and customer care support is 24*7. It means you are protected round the clock.
Please share your remarks about this review article. Your suggestions do matter to us a lot.