Reolink company has a successful history of 12 years with security products and the journey is still on with flying colors. Reolink RLC-810A outdoor security IP camera features all the latest technologies. Suppose you have to go to your office, out of the town, or anywhere else and your home is locked behind you.
With the Reolink camera you need not worry as its sensor will view every activity and whenever it finds any threat, it will notify you through the mail, message, or call. The action is so swift that there is no time lag. You can certainly respond to those threats in your way. This example is only a hint that how this product is going to solve a security problem for you. So let’s start this Reolink review and see if this camera is capable enough to meet the standards.
You may also read this. Best outdoor camera for home.
Things to Check Before buying a CCTV camera for Home (The Buying Guide For Purchasing CCTV camera)
CCTV security camera for home is a thing of greater importance. You can’t deny the fact that CCTV cameras give you security and mental peace. You are secured with them.
But before buying CCTV security cameras, you have to know a few useful things that will help you buy security cameras.
Resolution is the most important and primary factor to check. The better the resolution, the better is the picture quality. When a resolution is poor, then you see barrel distorted images or videos on the screen and they pixelate.
When you see footage and images are unclear, you fail to recognize the faces, which is an example of poor resolution. Nowadays HD cameras and IP cameras are in more demand and they are available with very good resolution quality. Buyers like 1080P resolution quality very much.
2. Night-Vision of Camera.
Night vision is a must for any CCTV camera. If you have installed a CCTV camera, then it is for 24*7 support. When night vision is not clear then you may miss some very important clippings and activities that may cost you, dear, security-wise.
Most of the cameras are with IR support. These IRs turn on and off based on the natural light available.
3. Built-in Sensors of the Camera.
Sensors are there in cameras to detect motion and noise. With the help of these sensors, they send you alerts and notifications. You set these sensor alerts and notifications as per your requirements. This sensor technology keeps you safe and protected from any foreign threat.
If a camera is not powered with any sensor, then you will be only partially protected.
4. Mic in Camera.
Most of the CCTV cameras also capture sound and voice. When you purchase a CCTV camera that is laced with a microphone, then it enhances your security. If you have placed this camera at a key point where there is no privacy issue, it will be proved vital from the security point of view as it captures images and voices simultaneously.
5. Range of the Camera.
Again, it is a very important point to check while purchasing a camera. Especially, for outdoor CCTV cameras, the range is very important.
Generally, cameras capture up to 20 meters clearly, which means they have a range of 20 meters. But outdoor CCTV cameras capture more. Some high vision cameras capture up to 50 meters. You can select the range of a CCTV camera as per your requirement.
6. Warranty & After-Sales Services.
While purchasing the CCTV camera, it is important to know clearly the guaranty and warranty of the product. If it develops any problem within the warranty period, how the warranty is going to be covered.
Know exactly, if the product will be replaced or it will be repaired. If it is an on-call service or you have to go to the service center. The more you know these details the better you are in the position to make a purchasing decision.
What Is Reolink RLC-810A Outdoor Security IP Camera?
Reolink RLC-810A outdoor security IP camera is a superb combination of protection and intelligence. It means that the Reolink RLC-810A outdoor security IP camera not only sees the object but also senses the activity.
This way, the Reolink RLC-810A Camera gives you a detailed perspective of the real threat visible in the camera. You feel peaceful and relieved when you install Reolink RLC-810A outdoor security IP camera in the home, office, or shop. Because of receiving continuous notifications, you can ‘easily’ identify between threats and unimportant activities.
It can easily detect between humans and vehicles. It also sends you alerts from time to time whenever it realizes any threat because of the high-value sensor installed into it. Its vision is ‘great’ with an 8MP camera. It gives a very sharp and clear image.
With all these super specializations, its price of $ 84.99 is highly justifiable. Reolink RLC-810A outdoor security IP camera is a weatherproof and metal body device. It is ‘powered’ with an SD Card slot that can support up to 256GB micro SD Card.
Reolink RLC-810A outdoor security IP camera software supports many browsers and operating systems. It also supports Google Assistant voice command, which makes it more precious.
Reolink RLC-810A outdoor security IP camera recognizes human detection, vehicle detection, and motion detection separately. That is why it gives us an added protection of high-profile security and mental freedom.
Advantages Of Reolink RLC-810A Outdoor Security IP Camera.
Reolink RLC-810A outdoor security IP camera is full of advantages.
- It specifically sends you the kind of detection.
- It will notify you, only what matters to you.
- With the help of the Reolink App, you can pinpoint a person, vehicle, or activity.
- You can filter a video of people or vehicles in the timeline and quickly control the activity with the help of the Reolink App.
- It has a rugged housing and body so it can easily survive the harshness of inclement weather.
- It supports Google Assistant voice command.
- The cam quality is great and you cannot complain about the low light/night vision.
- Very fast switching between dark/light night vision/regular.
- Audio recording is of superb quality.
Disadvantages Of Reolink RLC-810A.
- Micro SD Card not included in the camera. You have to purchase it.
- It doesn’t support many third-party apps. So you have to check it in prior if you want to run it on any third-party app.
Design Of Reolink RLC-810A Outdoor Security IP camera.
Reolink RLC-810A outdoor security IP camera is cylindrical in shape and resistant to water, dust, and dirt. Its white metal housing gives it an attractive look and makes it suitable for outdoor use.
It has a dimension of 7.72 x 4.8 x 4.13 inches and weighs 1.46 pounds. The front part of it houses infrared lights, and at the tail of it slot is given for SD Card.
Reolink RLC-810A outdoor security IP camera design gives it total suitability to fix it anywhere, be it a wall, ceiling, or soffit. Its white color and rugged metal go nicely against any background.
Features Of Reolink RLC-810A Outdoor Security IP Camera.
Reolink RLC-810A outdoor security IP camera has a 1/2.49″ CMOS sensor to sense the images. Video quality is best as it has a video resolution of 3840×2160 (8.0 Megapixels) at 25 frames/sec.
It has a fixed 4mm lens with IR cut filter. Every camera requires DC 12Volt 1Amp power to function. It can easily capture the best quality video up to 30 Mtr day/night. With the help of 18 pcs LEDs, it gives good images at night with H.265 video compression format.
This Reolink RLC-810A outdoor security IP camera can record continuously. It also supports recording motion detection. There has a built-in micro SD card slot that supports up to 256GB micro SD card (Not included with the camera). All videos can be saved on the micro SD card, Reolink NVR, or FTP server.
It supports a PoE switch for easy and smooth functioning. The audio quality is very clear without any noise. There is no humming and burping in the audio.
Reolink software is easy to understand and supports browsers like- Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, IE, etc. It also supports Operation Systems like- Windows, MAC OS, iOS, & Android.
This Reolink RLC-810A outdoor security IP camera has a very smart alarm system. It has no problem with person detection, vehicle detection, and motion detection.
This Reolink RLC-810A outdoor security IP camera has a very unique smart home function, that supports Google Assistant. With the help of Smart Home Function, you can operate your camera from a faraway place through Google Assistant.
How To Install Reolink RLC-810A Outdoor Security IP Camera?
You can install it wired and wireless both ways. To install it through Reolink software on your mobile, first, you have to go to the play store and search for Reolink App. Download the app and make it run on your device.
It will ask you for account creation and registration. Further, it will guide you to add the device and navigate through various instructions until it finishes the pairing. This way you can install it on your mobile for 24*7 vigilance.
Performance Of This Reolink RLC-810A Outdoor Security IP Camera.
It has superb performance in all the fields.
- This PoE IP camera can recognize people and vehicles in terms of their shapes, which reduces needless alarms such as animals or shadows.
- It can also specify the type of detection when sending motion alerts to you. You can know what happened by just glancing at the phone screen.
- It is approximate 4x times better than 1080P in vision with an 8MP lens.
- Because of Ethernet(PoE) technology, it can easily function, get power and transmit video via a single network cable. Its easy and reliable technology makes it better in performance.
- You can see record time-lapse videos on Reolink Apps. It is very easy to handle and show it to others.
- Users are provided with a 30-day money-back guarantee and 2 years warranty. Simply you have to connect with the Reolink support team. That makes its performance even better.
User’s Reviews For Reolink RLC-810A Outdoor Security IP Camera?
We collect some user reviews. In a nutshell, the compilation of various reviews are-
- The cam quality is great and I cannot complain about the low light/night vision.
- They actually look pretty great.
- The build quality feels EXCELLENT. It’s hefty, metal, and seems well sealed at all junction points. No complaints about that at all.
- Have not tried remote access nor have I configured FTP/SMTP settings so I’m not sure how well it works.
- Motion detection works great
- Very fast switching between dark/light Nightvision/regular
- Overall, I’m not sure if there is anything else better in this price range.
- I was so excited to get this camera as it’s 4k and the picture quality was better than the 4mp it replaced. However, when I went to set it up in Blue Iris it was then I realized that the damn thing is not compatible with anything outside of Reolink’s own NVR which is a shame and a complete letdown.
- WOW! Best cameras I’ve ever installed. These need the 4k NVR to work and that shouldn’t equal any bad reviews. I was also surprised at how well the audio works and couldn’t ask for anything more from these reasonably priced 4k cameras. I have 8 running all through my home network with none actually plugged into the NVR directly. Highly Recommend this system and camera. You can not get anything more for the money.
- Good 4k camera. The picture quality is excellent. I just connected it the way it is all 3 connectors facing down, so that water not directly going there. Did not do anything else with reset or power input wire as I hear some people take extra steps to protect from water damage. It’s been raining hard for the past 3 days here. Camera mounted on the wall in the open, no roof above it. The camera still working with no issues. One thing to notice is not a very wide angle of view. Meaning you need more cameras to cover the same area as compared to lower resolution cameras. On the other hand, there is no reason to buy lower resolution cameras now with 4k come out. The wide-angle specs are in the data sheets and I knew what I was buying. With the distance of about 100 feet in total darkness, you really can’t make out someone’s face. Even 4k cameras have their limitations at night. Connection and setting up took very little time. The camera was found by the system right away with no connectivity issues. Overall I am happy with the purchase. It did exceed my expectations.
Should I Buy This Camera?
It is a good purchase for you. As it is giving you the worth of your money with various features-
- it has a powerful sensor that can differentiate between humans and vehicles.
- it supports Google voice command, you can operate it from a remote location.
- it has a powerful night vision with a sharp sensor
- it works on Reolink software that is easy to install and operate
- warranty and after-sales service is the top class
- it is designed to work in all kinds of weather, hence, you can use it at any location
The Reolink RLC-810A outdoor security IP camera is an excellent choice for outdoor installation. It gives you a very clear image and motion detection for humans and vehicles.
Since it’s pretty easy to install and operate, even children, women, and old people can also operate it without any issue. Whether we test it at the standard of technology, quality, vision, or services, this Reolink outdoor camera is excellent.