NC2100ES Google Nest Cam is a super-duper camera for Smart Homes, Offices, and Marketplaces. It is a half-oval-shaped device with a metal covering. It relays HD video. Its digital audio is so clear that you can hear any sound. The device is run by power and no battery is installed into it.
This camera is very popular because of its quality and performance. It is also very easy to install. So if you are not very technical, still you can fix it at your desired location. There is a 25feet long cord attached with the cam to connect it with the power socket.
Though the cam is small in shape, its features are gigantic. It almost covers all the functions of a PTZ Camera barring rotation.
Initially, it cost $199.99, but after many updated versions now it is $244 on Amazon.
Buying Guide For Any Outdoor Camera
When you have a metric to check the device, you can easily judge the quality and usefulness of your device. There are certain checkpoints. Let’s check it out.
Resolution– It tells about the picture quality. High resolution means good picture quality, and a low resolution means bad picture quality. A camera with a resolution of 1080P is considered to be a good device.
IP Protocols– Make sure that your appliance supports the ONVIF or RTSP protocols. It makes your device compatible with other types of equipment.
Power-over-Ethernet– It is a very effective technology. Data and power both flow through the same cable. It saves our time and minimizes rates of fault.
Waterproofing– Check if your device can withstand tough weather conditions or not. Look for its ingress protection type.
Night-Vision– Check the night vision of your camera. Know the state of your infrared light, spotlight, or floodlight.
Storage– Most cams are having SD Card slots. Look for it and its capacity. These days all advanced devices are having Cloud recordings as well.
Wifi– Check that your device is wifi enabled or not. A wireless device is smoother in functioning and requires lesser maintenance.
Warranty– It tells about the company policy and product maintenance.
- 24/7 live video
- Clear night vision
- Alert notifications
- Easy to install
- Weatherproof IP65
- Motion & Sound Alerts
- Two-way talk
- Emergency calling facility
- Broader Coverage Angle
- Cloud Storage
- 8x Zoom Facility
- No manual recording
- The camera is a bit costly
It has the following components.
- Nest Cam Outdoor Security Camera
- Power Adapter
- Camera Wall Plate
- Adapter Wall Plate
- Magnetic Mount
- Nest Screws
- Wall Anchors
- Cable Clips
- Window Decal
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
The NC2100ES Google Nest Cam has 2.8 x 2.8 x 3.5 cubic inches LHD. It weighs 11 ounces. The front side of the camera has eight powerful IR lights that give a clear image at night. There is also a sensor on the front side, that gives us access control and command on motion and detection.
Features Of NC2100ES Google Nest Cam
This device has great features.
Resolution– This cam has a 3MP 1/3″ sensor to capture 1080p video at up to 30 fps and can produce clear images at night thanks to eight IR LEDs. Its resolution is 1920 x 1080. Because of high resolution, it transmits very clear images.
Wide Area-Coverage– The camera’s wide-angle 130-degree diagonal field of view allows you to monitor large outdoor areas, and H.264 compression helps to ensure high-quality recording and playback.
Easy-Installation– Just plug in the cable and adapter, mount the camera, and you are ready to see the location from a remote location. Because of the magnetic mount, you can point it anywhere. There is no requirement for any hub.
Weatherproof– It is waterproof and weatherproof. It is IP65 compatible. You can install it in an overheated or snowy environment successfully.
Night-Vision– Its night vision is pretty good. It covers a range of 25mtrs at night with the help of 8 IR lights. You can zoom out the camera up to 8x to see an object even at night without any blur.
Motion Alerts– Sensors receive and send motion alerts. Whenever they realize any threat, then they send you notifications to alert. They also send us alerts for sound.
Two-Way Talk– There is an inbuilt loudspeaker and microphone function available in the cam. You can send a message, pass a command, or communicate from a faraway place with the help of the “Nest App”
Nest Aware– You can see more of what happened with up to 60 days of event video history and new intelligent alerts.
Emergency Calling– If there’s an emergency when you’re not at home, you can call 911 right from the Home app.
Warranty- Google gives you 2 years warranty against any manufacturing defect.
How To Install?
To install the camera manually, follow the following steps.
- Screw the wall plate onto your wall. It’s a good idea to drill pilot holes first.
- If the wall is made of a material, like, brick or stone, you may need to use the included wall anchors to hold the screws.
- Next, put the magnet onto the wall plate.
- Got a magnetic surface nearby? The mounting magnet may be all you need. Just put it where you’d like the camera to be and move on to the next step.
- Put Nest Cam onto the mounting magnet and aim it where you like. Use the video stream in the Nest app to fine-tune your camera’s position.
To install the Nest App on a mobile, open the Google Play store and download the app. After that, add the camera by scanning the QR Code. The app commands will navigate you to the finish line and you will view the camera on your mobile.
What Do Users Have to To Say For This cam?
South Highlands Man Says
- I purchased this single unit along with the double pack and this brand for cameras is the only one I will purchase. The video quality is amazing both during daytime hours and nighttime hours.
- Crystal-clear quality and can be viewed on your MacBook Pro (or laptop), any tablet with app access, and also the Google Home Hub which I purchased tonight. The quality is breathtaking and since they are so powerful; they do need to be plugged into a source of power which didn’t bother me.
- I was able to hide it behind the siding on my home as it is was built over 100 years ago and my friend who also owns this brand of cam was able to drill a small hole into its eyes and run the wires within the attack.
- It comes with professional wire holding mounts which screw in and the wire can be painted without any issue. You can also discreetly run the wire through a window such as I did and the window will still close and the screen will stay in place.
- I have an alarm system with sensors on all windows and it didn’t cause any issues with the sensors either and you can hardly even see the wire running inside a window. I only had to do this with one camera and the window is upstairs.
- The attached image is shown on a Google Home Hub and since I have so much smart home products, it is in 720 and not 1080 until I upgrade my internet speed. The camera(s) doesn’t use that much bandwidth, it’s all the other 12 items logged into my network.
PBRU describes his satisfaction in the following words
- Quality is good. The sensor detects movement even at a distance. The only frustration was with the install of interior power. Have to drill a large hole to feed the power connection through. Ended up plugging the hole with a 1-inch dowel, notched for the cord, and spackling the interior hole.
- You would think the nest design team would anticipate this and make a plug for the exterior and interior holes. Also, I now have 4 cameras and think they should provide a break or bundle price for the annual nest aware fees or include 1st year free after your third camera.
- Expensive equipment and expensive annual fees for surveillance history.
Should I Buy It?
The camera is fit for outdoor use. The quality and function are modern. If you check the device in terms of quality then you won’t find any shortcomings in it. If you check it by functions, then the device qualifies itself into this category. The only matter of concern is that the cam is a little costly and a yearly subscription for recording, notification, etc. is quite expensive. If you can afford it, then it is the best option for you.
Built-in microphone and speaker let you hear what happens around the camera and talk back through your phone, no matter where you are. Access the system remotely Personalize notifications, watch the video, or make changes from your computer or compatible iOS or Android device. Weatherproof design and Nest App allow versatile indoor/outdoor monitoring. All in all the NC2100ES Google Nest Cam is different and unique. It will add beauty to your already beautiful Smart Home.
Please share your opinions in the comment section regarding this article. We value your opinion.