Reasons to choose IP camera over HD camera?
Here, we are going to discuss some reasons to choose an IP camera over an HD camera. Nowadays, everyone knows about CCTV cameras and everyone wants to install them on their premises. Then a question arises that which technology should choose. Some time requirements change according to the situation.
Let’s take an example of two different premises, suppose one is election booth and another one is a street way. At the election booth the need for quality of the camera but on the other hand, at the street way, the need demands the maximum number of days of recording.
So what kind of technology should be chosen, depends on the situation but IP camera has so many benefits over HD CCTV camera.
First Of all, we will talk about the basic difference between an HD camera and an IP camera, so let’s start
Difference Between IP Camera And HD Camera
HD CCTV Camera
- In HD camera there is the use of coaxial wire-like 2+1, 3+1, 4+1, RG 6, RG 59
- In an HD camera, there is a use of BNC connector
- The HD camera view is normal HD/HDR and the chip inside the camera send the signal through the coaxial cable to the DVR. As it is recording save the DVR as the signal received.
- In HD cameras there haven’t advanced features like face detection, etc.
- Here we can only use a simple DVR. For recording, we must have a DVR.
- Here is up to 8 megapixels camera in which 4K resolution recording is in use.
- We can use 32 cameras simultaneously in one DVR with some smart features.
- It is very complex to expand the system.
- One way of audio communication means we can only hear the recording sound on time.
IP CCTV Camera
- In IP camera always use CAT Or CAT 5 cable only
- In the IP camera, there is use RJ 45 connector
- When the IP camera record the picture then it filter something, it not record only picture but extracts some data to save all the activity which can be used for further analysis in future.
- In IP camera there is some advanced feature like “FACE DETECTION” vehicles number plate recognition, etc.
- Here we can use NVR as well as there is some Advanced Hybrid DVR. If we don’t have NVR then we use some software and memory cards for recordings.
- Here are up to 32 megapixels camera in which also 4K resolution recording is inbuilt.
- We can use up to 64 cameras simultaneously in a single NVR with some smart features, and home automation.
- We can easily expand the system
- Two audio communication means we can also say something through a speaker with a mobile.
Minimal Installation Cost
Today’s everyone is comprehended about CCTV surveillance. If you are looking to install an HD CCTV camera then you have to bear the 1.5x cost in comparison to IP camera installation.
In HD camera setup each camera wire has to come at DVR end but in IP setup you can use a network switch to combine some wires into one and then you can save some wiring cost and some installation cost as well.
Due to the use of very few numbers of apparatuses or types of equipment, we can minimize the installation cost. The IP camera has a standalone camera as well it is connected to the INTERNET directly Or directly to the network switch. It has wire or wireless depending on the use of the standalone camera.
In this, we can also use the very cheapest memory card of 64 GB or 128 GB as local storage, and the audio, video cable can be connected to the TV via cable.
- CCTV : 3 Major Problems That You Face In IP Camera Setup
- 5 Major Problems that You Face in CCTV Installation
Low Maintenance Cost
If we want to have some good “reason choose IP camera over HD camera” then we cannot ignore the maintenance. IP camera required low maintenance cost as compared to HD CCTV setup.
It has less wire and fewer installation accessories so overall maintenance cost decreased. In the installation of IP cameras, LAN wire uses and LAN wire is more reliable than normal CCTV wire.
If we see overall things then the result comes that, a maintenance point of view IP camera wins some extra points. Suppose our camera is out of order then in HD camera it is very costly to again to come back to use. But in IP CCTV we can repair it very easily and with minimum cost.
Easy to expand the setup.
Lots of companies have a variable infrastructure. They are expanding their infra according to need. So it is quite obvious they also want security in the expanded area. In HD CCTV setup. It is very difficult to expand the setup because of HD Camera has a wire length limit, beyond this limit installation is not possible.
On the other hand, an IP camera has no length boundation. You can increase as much as you want. So the expansion of infra is not an issue if you have an IP camera setup.
In an IP camera, we can use up to 64 number of CCTV cameras simultaneously so we can expand the IP camera very easily with no requirements of a long wire, by using only one connector we can increase the number of cameras.
While in HD cameras you must have to use such a long wire and many connectors.
In HD CCTV setup, there are so many extra accessories have been installed. So many connectors are there and sometimes these connectors are not proper punched and some problem arises. These problems are like video blur, no video etc.
In IP camera setup LAN connectors are used which is reliable, so chances of video loss are minimal. Some other factors also affect the reliability but always IP camera is more reliable.
Sometimes ago, In the CCTV industry there was only one option that is an analogue CCTV camera and analogue DVR, at the end of the analogue CCTV industry turned to an HD CCTV camera. But now we have some more options like IP.
IP CCTV camera has superb image quality in comparison to HD CCTV setup. Now, Some CCTV companies launch their IP camera with some extra features like people counting, object verification Face detection night vision etc.
The image quality of an IP camera is much better than the HD camera, it has up to a 32-megapixel camera with 4K video recording quality and it not only records the image but filters the pictures, and extracts some data to save all the activity which can be used for further analysis in future.
So there are lots of benefits of IP camera as we discussed but as I mention at the beginning, needs and situation give us the better suggestion the reason choose IP camera over HD camera. But in general, IP has some extra advantages over HD CCTV cameras.